Painting my frame

Old March 10th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Getting There

Painting my frame

hey guys well finally getting something done ..... gonna be taking my frame in for blasting along with trans mount rear end control arms.... now I am not a paint guy never done any gun work other than rattle can. I bought a set of spray guns.... primer/paint. I have lots of compressors due to construction trade can I use these with the spray guns or do I need something that will trap the condensation from the tank? I guess most paints you mix with an activator?
Old March 10th, 2007, 07:59 AM

Painting

As long as you have an aircompressor big enough to supply the air you should be ok. They sell in line water filters. What type of paint are you going to use, Enamel or Laqure. Enamel will not be harmed with a little bit of moisture. Finally when buy the paint they should tell you what to mix and the ratio.
Old March 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
2Blue 55

I would love to see some pics of your project. The important thing about the compresser is that it must be big enough to hold enough air for the air brush. Good luck with your project.
Old March 11th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Getting There

heres some pics of the cars I have Robert old will be updating them once the frame is done hopefully by then I can get going on the body

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums....html#post9965
Old March 27th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Purveyor of Polyurethane

Powder coat it.

The guy I use for sandblasting can go ahead and powder coat the frame for a very reasonable price(because it's already hanging there ready to go) so if it's not too late, check around, I bet you'll find someone to powder coat it for little more than just blasting(unless you're doing it yourself, in which case you'll find it very difficult to get your frame into your wife's oven). you'll end up with a much more durable finish, definitely the only way to go on a frame. If you decide that you are going to DIY, grab some chassis black & use the product the way it says to. You can find all the product data sheets for just about any product online. These will give you dry times, suitable primers, gun pressures, dry film thickness requirements, etc. It's amazing how much better the job can be when you follow the instructions. Good luck!

example: http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/me...glish/6131.pdf