Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

Restoration all Done!!!

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Trying to remember member

Superb!
Old June 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Superb!
thank you...
Old June 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Where I live in Oregon is like western N.Y. without the snow and the salt! We have the most beautiful summers on the planet, not too humid or too hot, but you have to be able to live with the rain and clouds from about November to May. Still have temps in the 40's in the winter but not so much cold weather.
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 44TEETWO
Where I live in Oregon is like western N.Y. without the snow and the salt! We have the most beautiful summers on the planet, not too humid or too hot, but you have to be able to live with the rain and clouds from about November to May. Still have temps in the 40's in the winter but not so much cold weather.
thats sounds nice.. one thing for sure .. beats having fires.. and everything looks so green and lush..
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM
1956 holiday coupe

Originally Posted by oldsladyliz
came out great
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by hialeah56
came out great
thank you, we have been driving it to all the shows this summer and doing great.... meeting alot of nice people...i love it... how are you doing... how is your baby?
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:43 PM
1956 holiday coupe

thank you, we have been driving it to all the shows this summer and doing great.... meeting alot of nice people...i love it... how are you doing... how is your baby?
I finally got my a/c vents installed but other than that taking a brake from it
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM

Thats good... but i hope your break isn't too long... she is awesome...
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
1956 holiday coupe

Thats good... but i hope your break isn't too long... she is awesome...
ok
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by hialeah56
ok
let me know when you start up again
Old September 15th, 2009, 06:43 AM

Hi Oldsladyliz,
I really like the car, I dream of mine being finished some day.
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by walkthwalk92
Hi Oldsladyliz,
I really like the car, I dream of mine being finished some day.
Thank you very much.. makes you feel great when it is done..although of course reality is ...your never done... but the majority of the hard expensive work is over ..and everything else is just at leisure or if you want to... good luck to you.... you will get there too..
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:09 AM
67 heavy metal

This is nice alot of people that are either hear in NY or used to live here.I am a short distance from Rochester.I like the 50's cars they had some style you don't see anymore.I am leaning more twords buying the 1950 buick from my friend.I know it's not a olds but not far off.Do any of you know of The Street Machines of Rochester car club.I joined last year and have had a good time since.I have youtube vids from the motor mania show and outdoor show.The outdoor show we had with club cars over 600 maby some of you were there.If you are interested my youtube channel scrn is the same as in here.
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by delmontcrusier
This is nice alot of people that are either hear in NY or used to live here.I am a short distance from Rochester.I like the 50's cars they had some style you don't see anymore.I am leaning more twords buying the 1950 buick from my friend.I know it's not a olds but not far off.Do any of you know of The Street Machines of Rochester car club.I joined last year and have had a good time since.I have youtube vids from the motor mania show and outdoor show.The outdoor show we had with club cars over 600 maby some of you were there.If you are interested my youtube channel scrn is the same as in here.
hi Neighbor... yes i would be interested..i have heard of this club.. how are their shows.. mostly classics and how is the judging..? did you ever get the buick.. love to see it... nice to meet you.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM
67 heavy metal

hi Neighbor... yes i would be interested..i have heard of this club.. how are their shows.. mostly classics and how is the judging..? did you ever get the buick.. love to see it... nice to meet you.
Hi there the shows are entertaining to say the least.We are having the motor mania show in the spring that is a a great show indoor at the dome though it may be the last mania for awile.We also have other shows like the outdoor show in greece we got swamped it was one heck of a turn out and the weather was greatI almost forgot we have a show in the greece ridge mall.I enjoy this club though till I fix a few leaks I wont be doing the mall show anytime soon.I put several videos on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/delmontcrusier though I need a newer camera and havn't put anything new up in awile.
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:43 AM

Hi there the shows are entertaining to say the least.We are having the motor mania show in the spring that is a a great show indoor at the dome though it may be the last mania for awile.We also have other shows like the outdoor show in greece we got swamped it was one heck of a turn out and the weather was greatI almost forgot we have a show in the greece ridge mall.I enjoy this club though till I fix a few leaks I wont be doing the mall show anytime soon.I put several videos on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/delmontcrusier though I need a newer camera and havn't put anything new up in awile.
wow looks like a great show.. i would like all the info on it if you have it.. how do they judge the classes.... thanks for video... fun seeing them all...
Old January 19th, 2010, 05:05 AM

Vera nice
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Vera nice
thanks Jamesbo
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:54 AM

just curious was it you on the fantasy bids on barrett and jackson.. looked close to your name.. haha.. but i did not see it again to verify
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
67 heavy metal

just curious was it you on the fantasy bids on barrett and jackson.. looked close to your name.. haha.. but i did not see it again to verify
This is a very old little over two year responsewoops.But I have never been to a barrett and jackson.My car was purchased from a co worker back in 06 and then I painted it in october of 07.The club is streetmachines of rochester and I joined in 08.This is the website if your interested http://www.streetmachinesofrochester.com/ several members have oldsmobiles and several other brands from different age ranges the site manager owns a 37 dodge with a chevy 350 and th350.

I need to check the treads more oftenThen I wouldn't miss comments.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM

This is a very old little over two year responsewoops.But I have never been to a barrett and jackson.My car was purchased from a co worker back in 06 and then I painted it in october of 07.The club is streetmachines of rochester and I joined in 08.This is the website if your interested http://www.streetmachinesofrochester.com/ several members have oldsmobiles and several other brands from different age ranges the site manager owns a 37 dodge with a chevy 350 and th350.

I need to check the treads more oftenThen I wouldn't miss comments.
one of these days i am going to get to their show.. keep me posted when the next one is if you come back to thread..
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:59 PM

Glad to see you back on the forum I've always enjoyed following your restorations. how is the 1938 resto doing it looked almost finished the last time I saw it....Tedd
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
Glad to see you back on the forum I've always enjoyed following your restorations. how is the 1938 resto doing it looked almost finished the last time I saw it....Tedd
your car is my dream car... yes all done with everything in 38.. she just took best of show at a local show here.. we had interior seat in front fixed.. the springs were saggy.. new material... mohair wool with sharp design.. matches back seat.. we have extra to do the back seat in future if and when it needs it..but it still looks great..now hubby can sit up straight..lol.. instead of looking like a little boy trying to see over steering wheel.. very nice padded and secure now.. the only thing we were not able to replace was the handle on outside passenger door.. just cannot find one yet.. and too risky to take this one off and send out to the chrome man.. afraid it could get lost.. so it is a little pitty.. thanks good to see you too.
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:57 PM

Thumbs up

nice car
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grace Stinespring-Welch
nice car
thanks Grace
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:00 PM

Very Nice Looking '55. There's More '55s On This Site Than I Was Aware Of.
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketowner
Very Nice Looking '55. There's More '55s On This Site Than I Was Aware Of.
thank you... 55 98's are still pretty rare though..
Old September 12th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Railroad Mike

resto done

Absolute georgous! Enjoy!!