Transmission leak More info.........

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:21 PM

Transmission leak More info.........

let me apologize for making a whole new thread but i thought giving more information might help u veterans to help me. i will be tryin to take the trans out this weekend so i just want to be extra sure.

ok so after all my research i've noticed that the trans is leaking ON TOP the front pan bolts. where the convertor has those like 8 or 10 bolts that go around. we'll it is leaking right under there and then coming out appearing to look like a pan leak. well, i read that the front pump can leak and run around to the front of the trans as in this case. reading more i see that the convertor pan can be removed to see if this is the front pump problem. WHERE exactly is the convertor pan to check for this situation? i was prepared to change the front seal, rear seal, pump o ring and gasket, and accumulator cover o ring. i would like to see if the pump gasket and o ring is bad before i take the trans out. can someone help me here. am i right to say i should change all these things if i do have to take the damn thing out?

ps - is there any special tools that i will need for these gaskets and O rings? i realize for the front seal i seat to seat it properly.

Last edited by Good_Music_n_Cars; September 23rd, 2010 at 05:23 PM.