Non-Olds Engines For discussion on non-Oldsmobile engines. All forum rules apply.

Last resort before I drop in Chevy power.

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redog

OK I too am a single dad, court ordered to pay more child support than I should be paying. However, I'm still finding the money to drop an Olds motor into my Delta. Just saying.

And here's what I have to say. it's not your car, not your money, and you don't need to stir crap. I expect more from a moderator.

Last edited by oldcutlass; February 2nd, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Redog
OK I too am a single dad, court ordered to pay more child support than I should be paying. However, I'm still finding the money to drop an Olds motor into my Delta. Just saying.
How are you a single dad and paying child support? Do you pay it to yourself? Do you want a cookie for doing what is court mandated so you can keep your freedom? Perhaps you mean you are single, and just so happen to be a parent, paying child support to your child's other parent, so you don't go to jail?

I work a meager paying labor intensive job almost full time, attend a local college part time, and I'm a single father full time; I have sole custody of my son. When I'm not working or in school, I'm being a father. I work and go to school to better life for my son and myself. I love my son, my family, and my situation. I am extremely blessed.

I'll walk outside and burn the F'n car to the ground if I feel like it, or maybe put a Ford motor in it. It doesn't mean anything, honestly! That car is contributing nothing to my life.

Ridiculous, I sign in to update the thread and this is the BS that I get from a moderator? Maybe, this forum needs to examine who they choose to moderate the online community. I'm actually slightly offended.

As a matter of fact how about you contribute to the "GetDown Needs to Keep his 84 Delta 88 Olds Powered Fund"?
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:05 AM

EVERYTIME someone mentions that they want to put a Chevy motor in an Olds......

its-my-turn-to-blow-the-drama-horn.gif

Somethings will never change. Good luck in getting YOUR car running with whatever you have at your disposal.
There's nothing wrong with it. Some people just can't help but get upset at other people's choices for some reason.

Last edited by Aceshigh; February 6th, 2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:05 AM

Thanks guys. I'm actually going to try and drop a non-emissions distributor in the 307 for now just because...
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Registered Luser

Some things in life are more important than a car....you obviously are doing the right thing, and I wish you luck in school and raising your son.

As far as the video, another Camaro bites the dust..... good thing there are still probably a few mill left. Hopefully, the guy had insurance!
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:34 PM

Thumbs up

After reading thru this thread I just have to ask,what the hell is wrong with some of you people?I mean who pissed in your Cheerios.It's a GM engine going into a GM car,Chevy,Buick,Olds,Pontiac,Caddy,etc.It's his car.He paid for it,and will most likely be the one driving it.I don't understand the purist mentality.It's not a collectible car so what's the harm.When I bought my 64 it already had a SBC in it.Rather than search for the correct engine ,I built the one that was in it.I have been shunned at some car shows.One ******* was so disgusted that he just couldn't keep his big mouth shut.I damn near shut it for him,don't like it,don't look.My wifes 64 has the original 330 in it,I'm not impressed,but it will stay in because it's there and it runs,just not like the SBC,which is slightly modified.Good luck with your car,whatever you decide to do with it,I won't think any less of you,I will however think less of those that reamed your *** on here.
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:52 AM

I had an Olds powered 83 Grand Prix and it was looked down on both Pontiac & Olds guys. Go figure!! Anyhow, it's your car, do as you like but you might as well stay away from Olds events. That being said, if I had the $ to waste I'd buy a COPO 69 Camaro and Olds power it. I might need some bodyguards! Good luck & always spend all time possible & $ on your Child. If u don't then your not a Father, just a sperm donor. Ken
Old July 31st, 2015, 07:50 PM

Thread bump 2.5 years later, Delta is long gone... the person I sold it to let it end up wrapped around a light pole and totaled. I just bought an 88 Cutlass one owner car in mint condition except the fact that the motor doesn't want to run.
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear your still running around. Sorry about the demise of the Delta, it was a good looking car. So whats the plan on this one?
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:57 PM

Thanks man. Yea sucks, but it was kind of poetic what happened with the car and the people involved. I bought a really nice truck that I did up and sold and then another one which is now my daily. Both Chevy shortbed single cabs one 89 one 99. I've just had the itch to own another g body again. The new Cutlass is a single owner car from what I can see (bone stock!) except for Ziebart treatments. No rust, no dents, interior is perfect. 104k miles, rallye gauges, Brougham but no vinyl top. 307 hasn't run forever I Was told. I got it to idle for a short time last night after syphoning about 15 gallons of the worst gas I've ever seen out of the tank. The motor sounded terrible(knocking, vac leaks, sputtering). I'm probably going to throw the Chevy sbc I've had forever in it, instead of dealing with all the things I went through with the Delta. This is my second 88 Cutlass my first one with T-tops had too much rust but ran like a dream. I'll get some pics up in the near future as I now work overtime every week so progress will be slow.