The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Back after very log vacation

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2016, 11:58 AM

Back after very log vacation

When I first started here many years ago I was driving an Oldsmobile, but I had some problems and parked it . Purchased a cobalt do to it was better on gas .Then last year came my life changing experience. Had to have open heart surgery at 54, a month before I turned 55.

Felt this year would be better not my cobalt was totaled in a hit an run accident. I just can't win. Now driving a jeep..
But after looking around the forum I noticed many who are liking the older card. I still have that Oldsmobile was going to restore it but after all I have been through I think it's better I just sell it.
Old September 7th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by yoipud
When I first started here many years ago I was driving an Oldsmobile, but I had some problems and parked it . Purchased a cobalt do to it was better on gas .Then last year came my life changing experience. Had to have open heart surgery at 54, a month before I turned 55.

Felt this year would be better not my cobalt was totaled in a hit an run accident. I just can't win. Now driving a jeep..
But after looking around the forum I noticed many who are liking the older card. I still have that Oldsmobile was going to restore it but after all I have been through I think it's better I just sell it.
Sorry to hear about your problems. I had quintuple bypass at age 51. That was seven years ago. That was definitely the wake-up call. Dropped 50 lbs, completely changed my diet, and have been working out regularly ever since. If you haven't done cardiac rehab, I highly recommend it. Good luck.
Old September 7th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Man, you guys are making me feel real good at 70. No blood pressure problems. I do need to lose some weight and start exercising.

Yoipud tell us about the Oldsmobile and post a couple pictures. Welcome back.
Old September 8th, 2016, 07:33 AM

Welcome back and hope you are doing better. You old guys are scaring me, lol. I'm 58
Old September 8th, 2016, 10:25 AM
344879M363895

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Sorry to hear about your problems. I had quintuple bypass at age 51. That was seven years ago. That was definitely the wake-up call. Dropped 50 lbs, completely changed my diet, and have been working out regularly ever since. If you haven't done cardiac rehab, I highly recommend it. Good luck.
And I can confirm that Joe sticks to it also. Tried to tempt him with one of those delicious Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls at breakfast. No go.

Welcome back to CO. Regardless if you sell or hold onto your Olds, this is the place to be. Lots of help around here and the advice is second to none. I wish you the best of luck in your continued recovery.
Old September 8th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Welcome back, I agree getting older can sometimes be challenging. Hope your working through your setback. My heart attack @ 55 3 years ago slowed me down quite a bit. I also found out I'm a diabetic, sux! I also changed my diet and lost about 30#'s. The biggest problems with me were the meds they were giving me. Had no energy to do the things I used to do. They have recently weaned me off the meds and I'm starting to feel better now. Took a nuclear stress test today and will see what the ticker and plumbing look like in the near future.

I can still work on my car, just a bit slower.
Old September 11th, 2016, 11:01 AM

The part I find funny in my case is most of you had to lose weight, I was told to gain 30-50 pounds.
And where should I post the photos of the olds?
Old September 11th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Administrator

I didn't have to lose weight, just did by attrition. Its what happens when I stopped shoving all the crap I was eating through my pie hole. I got down to my HS weight.

This thread is fine to post your pics.