The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1975 Ninety Eight Regency

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2011, 09:56 PM

1975 Ninety Eight Regency

Hi,
Glad I found this forum. looks like a bunch of people who are interested in all aspects of Oldsmobiles. I am a California person in So Cal to be exact, and am 43 married with 2 girls and my car collection. I was able to acquire my Regency from the original owner's grandson. It was bought new in the town I reside in and was very well kept over the years. When I got it, it needed the right exhaust manifold replaced, the front end bushings were worn, and the a/c didn't blow cold. Everything has been fixed and it runs and drives liek new and looks new to boot. Except for those rear plastic inserts around the taillights and the plastichrome around the little quarter windows. Other than that looks great. A real pleasure driving it. It is very similar in my 74 88 royale I had when I first met my wife 19 years ago. It had a 455 just like the 98 does. Anyways, I hope to learn more and maybe offer some info also. Thanks for the site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SUMMER 08 092.jpg (91.0 KB, 39 views)
SUMMER 08 088-1.jpg (91.2 KB, 35 views)
SUMMER 08 091.jpg (92.7 KB, 37 views)
SUMMER 08 095-1.jpg (93.5 KB, 36 views)
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hangin' out...

Absolutely stunning car!
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! She's a beautiful land yacht, lol!! Welcome to our site!
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:39 PM

You know I love your car! Best of luck with it and welcome to the Best Oldsmobile Site on the net! Tom
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Registered Loser

What a beautiful car! Did you get the window sticker too? It looks like it has low mileage. What's the option list look like? I like the 4-door hardtop styling and the fact that the car is so original...those wheelcovers are hard to find! If you could post any additional pics they would be appreciated.
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Welcome!! Awesome car!
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:22 PM

thank you for the nice words. It currently has 70000 original miles on it. I wish it had the window sticker but he didn't seem to find that stuff for it before i bought it. Most people don't even think about that stuff like us crazy for cars type people.lol..I will take it out to a nice open lot and shoot some pictures this weekend. The option list for it is: tempmatic, dual power seats, recline on passenger seat, left remote mirror with temperature reading, right remote mirror, am/fm stereo, trunk release in glove box, power antenna, tilt/telescope steering wheel, reminder package,. I can't think of anything else right now it has I haven't mentioned. I did have the windows tinted limo in the back and dark up front to keep the interior in pristine condition. The vinyl top in starting to open up in the seam down the middle so I will need to address that soon.
Old February 9th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Past Administrator

Beautiful car, I owned a '76 Regency for while and loved it. They are great cars.
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:05 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

She's a beauty
Old February 9th, 2011, 06:37 AM

Hello again! I just replied to another post of yours but then I saw your newbie post with the pics. Beautiful 98 you have there and a nice score in that condition with some great options. I can tell you that the mirror thermometer is not overly common, nor is the tilt/telescope so great to have both! As for the troublesome plastic quarter fillers, I started a post recently where I am trying to round up as many '75 and '76 Ninety Eight owners as possible to back up my claim that these parts should be remanufactured in a quality way. PLEASE check out this post and post your own comment showing your support. Hopefully all the posts we get will inspire the company I'm working with to follow through with my request.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ety-eight.html
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
Hello again! I just replied to another post of yours but then I saw your newbie post with the pics. Beautiful 98 you have there and a nice score in that condition with some great options. I can tell you that the mirror thermometer is not overly common, nor is the tilt/telescope so great to have both! As for the troublesome plastic quarter fillers, I started a post recently where I am trying to round up as many '75 and '76 Ninety Eight owners as possible to back up my claim that these parts should be remanufactured in a quality way. PLEASE check out this post and post your own comment showing your support. Hopefully all the posts we get will inspire the company I'm working with to follow through with my request.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ety-eight.html
Hey John,
I did post on that link as I would also take a set maybe 2 just in case. Wish I could find the quarter window plastichrome. I see them on cutlass's and they are reproducedfor tha, wonder if someohow could get that in a long straight piece and bend as needed?..
Old February 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 75regency
Hey John,
I did post on that link as I would also take a set maybe 2 just in case. Wish I could find the quarter window plastichrome. I see them on cutlass's and they are reproducedfor tha, wonder if someohow could get that in a long straight piece and bend as needed?..
Hey,

I'm almost positive I've seen the window trim on ebay at some point...don't forget they are the same on the Electra 225 of the same year ('76 as well). I got really lucky because years ago somebody was remanufacturing them for the coupes. Wish I had bought more than just one set but I found another NOS set which will go on my burgundy 98 when I install the new vinyl top. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

John