General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Tamraz Auto Parts

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2009, 01:39 PM

Tamraz Auto Parts

Hello fellow Olds owners. I just wanted to make eeryone aware of the customer service that I received from Tamraz Auto Parts. This company is all over eBay. I believe they are based out of Chicago.

About three weeks ago I placed an order with them for all my convertible parts. The price was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000. Till this day I have not received all my parts. I have called atleast once a week to verify that the parts have been shipped. Everytime I've called they say that I should receive my order within the next few days. Well days have turned into weeks.

About an hour ago I called and some guy named Joe answered. During the conversation he placed me on hold for 10-15 minutes combined. When he came back to the line he asked if he could call me back in 5 minutes. Well 5 minutes turned into an hour so I decided to call hime back.

Joe stated that the parts were never shipped and that they would be shipped out tomorrow. I asked for some sort of discount or coupon for my NEXT purchase and Joe flat out said NO. Joe says that it was human error and a part of life.

This is the worst customer service experience I have had in a very long time, especially in the antique car parts industry. Most companys are nice and friend. They tend to bend over backwards to keep customers happy.

I will no longer us TAMRAZ AUTO PARTS. I dont care if the son's of b*tches are 50% cheaper!
Old August 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM

The Parts Place isn't any better! However, to date I havn't had any problems with Tamraz. Yet.
Old August 20th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Shoveling Snow

That's why Fusick Restoration Parts will always have my business!
The best customer service of all of the Oldsmobile reproduction suppliers!!
Old August 20th, 2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hairy Olds
That's why Fusick Restoration Parts will always have my business!
The best customer service of all of the Oldsmobile reproduction suppliers!!
X2
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

They're in Plainfield, IL.
I picked up some body mounts there last year.
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
1970 442

I've used Fusick and Thorton's. If it's a part they don;t reproduce I use Parts Place. I've never used Tamraz's but see their ads all over E-Bay. As for getting coupons or discounts, all the resto shops are hurting nowadays so it will be hard to get discounts. What they could do though is improve customer service. It doesn't hurt to smile and act like they want your business. Our business is hurting too but treating customers poorly is never going to help the situation.
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

Tamraz is a huge car dealer in the chicago area.

i believe a seller on this board selling NOS stuff is really a Tamraz or Parts Place associate disguised as somebody else.
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

thank you very much for giving knowledge. I'm bout to go to tamraz
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

i have bought from tamaraz i ordered my stuff and picked it up there they even waited for me as i got there late. I have also used the parts place inc. and picked stuff up there. It's like all buisnesses experiences may vary. People screw up unfortunantly it's at ones expense but it happens.
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Where were you in '72?

I've had good luck with JEGS, good prices, friendly service and fast and efficient shipping. Fiber Concepts experience was exceptional, very helpful. I bought my complete seal kit from Tamraz off eBay, it shipped on time no hassles (?), good price...they screwed up in your case and should have set it right...you just ended up with a lump I guess. I've been waiting just short of 2 months for my Legendary interior, just found out it shipped out today...i'm expecting great things.

edit:
Wow, just realized this thread is way out of date...I purchased my Tamraz parts recently, maybe customer service at Tamraz is finally ready for prime time.

Last edited by boondocker; February 28th, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:33 PM

Really? As a joke I drug up an ROP post from 2007 and here someone drags up one from 2009 for real. See, I'm not entirely crazy...people really do drag these old posts up for no reason!
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Olds Dreamer

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
Really? As a joke I drug up an ROP post from 2007 and here someone drags up one from 2009 for real. See, I'm not entirely crazy...people really do drag these old posts up for no reason!
Well cry about it.
you know if this guys opened up a new thread and asked about ordering from tamraz some lazy guy would tell him to do a search for it. well this guy did. so be happy that he just brought up a old thread instead of wasting a new one.
Old February 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM

I feel a new Pet Peeve thread coming.
Old February 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
"me somebody" site member

Originally Posted by alek72us
Well cry about it.
you know if this guys opened up a new thread and asked about ordering from tamraz some lazy guy would tell him to do a search for it. well this guy did. so be happy that he just brought up a old thread instead of wasting a new one.
Yup.

For the record, I had an unpleasant Ebay experience with Tamraz several years ago, and vowed never to deal with them again. I honestly can't even recall the exact nature of the problem, but "d*ckishness" was def. involved (and not on my part I swear, haw haw).

Buy from Fusicks if they carry the part you need.
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:26 PM

I'm also local to Tamraz and The Parts Place.

I've used Tamraz for parts since 2006'ish and never had one issue with them.
Then again, since I've never had an issue, I can't say how their customer service would be if I did.
I got my interior new upholstery SUPER CHEAP through them and it was all PUI and perfect.
I think I paid $375 for front and rear upholstery altogether......plus the new foams.

I often get the best prices from Tamraz too, because they're VERY willing to beat the competitions prices.
I just called them up and asked them to beat Fusicks prices on a set of '70 442 grills and they did.
Problem is.......I'd have to pay taxes and it wouldn't be cheaper after that, so I'm going to order that
stuff from Fusicks.

Both were about 45 minutes to an hour from me, but now that Parts Place moved to DeKalb,
I'm not shopping with them at all anymore. Shipping PLUS Taxes isn't going to happen.....

Last edited by Aceshigh; February 29th, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:46 PM
GM Enthusiast

I've ordered from Fusick's, Tamraz, The Parts Place and Brothers Automotive Products. Had good results with all of them. Fusick's had great customer service but they are also the most expensive. I buy a lot from BAP, no problems and I usually save at least 10-20%.
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

You guys know this is a resurrected thread from 2009?
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:00 AM

It's an ecology thing about not wanting to waste thread stuff un-necessarily and helping to save the planet...
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:41 AM

I don't see the date as an issue.
Its all relevant info, based on more people commenting this time than the original post.
HYPEBOY is new, (2 posts) and was looking through old posts, got some good info and thanked someone for it...no problem.
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
You guys know this is a resurrected thread from 2009?
You did see post #8 right ??

HE was obviously searching for info on Tamraz and resurrected it.
So putting updated opinions and information rather then 3 year old I thought would be pertinent.
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM

yeah well 3 years later and it still holds true! Go to Fusick's folks! No problems ever with them! Not one!
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM
NôôB

I ordered from tamraz and had not problems. rock auto on the other hand....
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:31 PM

you dont deserve a coupon or a discount, you deserve an appology...

entitlement at its best...
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by marxjunk
you dont deserve a coupon or a discount, you deserve an appology...

entitlement at its best...
I'm glad someone else saw it the same way I did.

I was going to post that but the OP's post #1 was from 2009......
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM

like above..its still relevant....

Last edited by marxjunk; March 1st, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Aceshigh
You did see post #8 right ??

HE was obviously searching for info on Tamraz and resurrected it.
So putting updated opinions and information rather then 3 year old I thought would be pertinent.
Yup, I read the whole history before I commented. Also read your + comments on Tamraz. I've dealt with them too. Can't do it local like you do though. My experience on the phone to them was: They seemed to prioritize long distance and got to me right away, they were polite and answered my questions to my satisfaction, processed my order and confirmed it would be shipped that day before I got off the phone. Pricing was very fair, delivery was bang on schedule - even up here, and the parts were VERY WELL PACKED. I can see both sides of some guys get a raw deal, others don't. That's not a good excuse though in a customer service dept of a large company. BTW? I started buying parts from them in 2008 and am still a happy customer.

Originally Posted by Aceshigh
I'm glad someone else saw it the same way I did. I was going to post that but the OP's post #1 was from 2009......
FWIW, make that X3. I'd be embarrassed if I worked at Tamraz and read that post. Curious, do any if any of the guys you dealt with at Tamraz's are members of C.O.? Would be neat to hear the ' other side of the story' too. Not saying an apology isn't in order, it might be from both sides though?
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:36 AM

My Tamraz experience was ok too. They even went out of their way to source some oddball parts for me.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:59 AM

I'm in Illinois and have been to both the parts place (not yet to their new one) and Tamraz. I have had nothing but good experience with all the venders except for Brothers. I have purchased from every vender out there from the small to the big. I prefer to try to buy from the smaller shops to support them.

What might surprise many is that these places seem much bigger than they really are. It doesn't mean its right but its like many bicycle shop owners, engine builders etc, they got into it because they loved it not necessarily because they are the best business people - just saying. Some of these places are less than 10 employees sometimes 1 or 2. In some ways that means customer service should be better in other ways it just explains why they can have trouble juggling things.
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Where were you in '72?

Originally Posted by boondocker
I've had good luck with JEGS, good prices, friendly service and fast and efficient shipping. Fiber Concepts experience was exceptional, very helpful. I bought my complete seal kit from Tamraz off eBay, it shipped on time no hassles (?), good price...they screwed up in your case and should have set it right...you just ended up with a lump I guess. I've been waiting just short of 2 months for my Legendary interior, just found out it shipped out today...i'm expecting great things.

edit:
Wow, just realized this thread is way out of date...I purchased my Tamraz parts recently, maybe customer service at Tamraz is finally ready for prime time.
I'd like to retract my last post, I bought 2 fenders and a rear wing from Tamraz, and ended up with two Ill formed fenders (Tiawan) one of which was damaged and reboxed. The spoiler mounts were straight and not curved to fit the trunk lid and the gaskets were cut by a three year old (I believe)...I'm going to have to do some sanding, cutting and welding to make this right as Tamraz want's nothing to do with me (now that they have my money)