General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Inline Tube strikes again

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2020, 04:00 PM

Everything I've bought from Fusick over the years has been great. They are the only aftermarket parts source that supports the 73-77 Cutlass with quality repop parts IMO. They actually produce some of the parts I believe.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ragz442
Everything I've bought from Fusick over the years has been great. They are the only aftermarket parts source that supports the 73-77 Cutlass with quality repop parts IMO. They actually produce some of the parts I believe.
Yes, they are the original supplier for many of the reproduction parts.
Old February 24th, 2020, 08:14 AM
Escape From The Ordinary

I feel your pain. The return process @ ILT is such a disaster I don't even bother anymore. I went through three (yes, THREE) fuel lines from the pump to the carb. All way off. Ordered from The Right Stuff and the line fit right out of the box.
Old March 16th, 2020, 01:44 PM

Another update. I contacted them last week because I had not heard anything. They told me that they had reviewed my photos and determined that they sent me the correct fuel lines and there is nothing they can do. I told them there is no way because I have 6 cars and all 6 have the same ones and are not even close to what they sent me. They asked for more photos so I sent 6 more of them. Mostly the same thing I sent them last time. I had not heard another word till now. I just got an email that the fuel lines are coming and a tracking number. I guess they finely decided they really did screw up? Anyone want to place bets on this one being correct? We will see soon.... Again, they are still working on making it right but this is a crazy amount of work to just get what I ordered and very expensive for them.

These are the pictures I sent them the first time and they say they sent me the correct lines.

Old March 16th, 2020, 02:17 PM

SMH, ridiculous BS
Old March 18th, 2020, 12:24 PM

Placed my order February 3rd and just got the last of the order with correct parts today, March 18th after many phone calls and emails and time spent taking pictures two times. Only problem now is that the 1/4 inch return line is not correct. It is made just like the supply line but should be slightly shorter with a different bend. It is not that big of deal because I can cut it off and bend it where it is supposed to go. Just sad that it will not have the bulge on the end to help keep the line on. There is no pressure on it anyway because it is only a return line. It would nearly be gravity fed back to the tank. Anyway, Just wanted to complete the saga.
Old March 18th, 2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
Placed my order February 3rd and just got the last of the order with correct parts today, March 18th after many phone calls and emails and time spent taking pictures two times. Only problem now is that the 1/4 inch return line is not correct. It is made just like the supply line but should be slightly shorter with a different bend. It is not that big of deal because I can cut it off and bend it where it is supposed to go. Just sad that it will not have the bulge on the end to help keep the line on. There is no pressure on it anyway because it is only a return line. It would nearly be gravity fed back to the tank. Anyway, Just wanted to complete the saga.
Just put a flare on it and that will keep the hose on.
Old March 18th, 2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
Just put a flare on it and that will keep the hose on.
That is what I was thinking. I will not go with the full flair, just enough to enlarge the end.
Old March 18th, 2020, 04:36 PM

That is what I was thinking. I will not go with the full flair, just enough to enlarge the end.
I had a NOS fuel sending unit on my 66 442 that did not have the bulb on it. I just flared it and it worked fine.
Old March 18th, 2020, 09:52 PM

Inline Tube, Motor City Muscle Cars, and Motor City Super Cars (last two on eBay) are all under common ownership. Worst car parts suppliers I know. Terrible customer service. Often have received the wrong parts; happened again just last week with the wrong brake lines sent. Other times, the repro parts are just plain bad quality. If you complain that a part doesn't fit or the quality is poor, it's not the part that is bad, they allege you modified your car and that's why the part doesn't fit. And if you give negative feedback on eBay, they'll systematically cut you off from being an eligible buyer and won't take orders from you. Buyer Beware. Use these parts dealers only at your own risk and as a last resort.
Old March 18th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Shoveling Snow

Originally Posted by Toms cutlass
Inline Tube, Motor City Muscle Cars, and Motor City Super Cars (last two on eBay) are all under common ownership. Worst car parts suppliers I know. Terrible customer service. Often have received the wrong parts; happened again just last week with the wrong brake lines sent. Other times, the repro parts are just plain bad quality. If you complain that a part doesn't fit or the quality is poor, it's not the part that is bad, they allege you modified your car and that's why the part doesn't fit. And if you give negative feedback on eBay, they'll systematically cut you off from being an eligible buyer and won't take orders from you. Buyer Beware. Use these parts dealers only at your own risk and as a last resort.
Amen! Excellent review of theses hacks!
Old June 10th, 2020, 08:52 PM

I used their lines on a 66 Nova restoration and every line just sorta fit. Al had to be modified to some extent. The main fuel line wasn’t even close. Had the same problem with the Right Stuff which was odd because when Dave owned it their lines were primo.
Old June 13th, 2020, 11:58 PM

I placed an order for my Jetfire build and with the track record they have of 16 orders wrong out of 17 total orders since 2013 I figured this one would be also. Well the order come in today and before I opened the box my wife said is that the company that always screws up the orders? I laughed and said yes it is and that I expect this to be also. I opened it up and sure enough, wrong parts! So now I am at a total of 17 orders wrong out of 18 in 7 years. They sent me wrong fuel lines and brake lines. I ordered them by part number and not the model of the car. .
i have a question as i wasn't familiar with inline tube's reputation for bad business and just ordered exhaust gasket set and exhaust manifold bolt/washer kit for my 442 3 days ago:
when you say they sent you the wrong part do you mean that you were sent a part with a different catalog number [sku: inlxxxxx] which you ordered [i.e. you received a part with a different catalog number than you ordered]?... or do their website listed catalog numbers are already listed incorrectly as parts that will fit your exact car and they did send you the same catalog number part you ordered from their website but that part is incorrectly listed as one that fits your year/model because in fact it doesn't?...
i'm guessing you meant that you were sent a different part number than you ordered because you stated that you ordered via direct part number rather than by year/model car...

however, i'd like to have this clarified because i ordered from them by first listing my ride's year/make/model then narrowed down the categories to get to 'exhaust' section and their catalog number of '

SKU: INL10383

lists info that states this set of exhaust manifold bolts/washers fits '64-'72 oldsmobile cars... ditto for the exhaust manifold gasket kit, catalog part number

SKU: INL12052

should fit '64-'76 olds big block [400-425-455] engines....

so, should i check if the parts i'm sent simply matches the catalog number on their website which i ordered and if it does i'm good?...
or should i actually have to take the parts out of the packaging and quickly trial fit them to the engine/car because despite the matching catalog number the parts they list as fitting do not in fact fit the year/model they claim...

if it's the former it's not a huuuge deal although it's still a crappy way to conduct business because i - as many others - pre-order my parts well in advance of any work done by a shop/mechanic without opening the shipments to check the actual catalog number...

if it's the latter, however, then it's a much more serious issue because very few folks use the parts as soon as such arrive and only then can find out that parts don't actually fit... so most will be stuck with useless parts and out of funds past the brief return time frame window...

so do they list parts numbers correctly and as long as the part number of the part one receives is the same as the number listed on their website it will in fact fit correctly the listed year/model of the car?...

could you please clarify your statement re-wrong parts, which scenario of the above did you actually mean?...
thanks...
​​​​​​​

Last edited by jerzy; June 14th, 2020 at 12:02 AM.
Old June 14th, 2020, 03:42 AM
69 Ol' Blue

I just saw this thread. Wow! So I am not the only one. I've been dealing with them since March with incorrect fuel return line.

Here's my latest email to them.

"My fuel supply and return lines have the same bends and both run together inside my open frame. When I received my new stainless steel fuel supply and return lines from Inline Tube, I noticed that the new fuel supply was a match but that the return line was bent for the convertible's boxed frame instead of my hardtop's open frame. See the diagram in the below link for your reference.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/390506497609

I would try to rebend the return line to fit my application but it would be too short afterwards. I have included photos of my original fuel supply and return lines to show that they run together. The new Inline Tube fuel return line starts out at the tank with the same bends, but changes when it compensates for the convertible's boxed frame. Please see if you have a fuel return line for a 1969 442 hardtop that follows the same bends as the fuel supply line and provide me the part number. If you dont have one that does, can you please bend a stainless steel fuel return line (1/4") with the same bends as the fuel supply?"

Anyone else have this problem. How did it ever get resolved?
Old June 14th, 2020, 03:43 AM

All the above sadly. I will say that most often the problem is that they send me a complete different part number than I ordered and is obvious when the order comes but that is not the case on some of the line sets. An example of this, A guy ordered a set of lines using the correct part numbers for a 62 Cutlass and got the wrong set. He did not know this for several months and when he was ready to use them they did not fit and Inline Tube would not fix the issue because he did not come to them as soon as the order arrived. I later ordered a set for a 62 and the very same wrong lines were sent to me. I found it right away and told them and they made it right. Took 2 more attempts for them to get it right though. As long as you know the problem as soon as you get the package they will make it right. Don't wait and think they will fix it later because they will not.
Old June 14th, 2020, 04:22 AM

All the above sadly. I will say that most often the problem is that they send me a complete different part number than I ordered and is obvious when the order comes but that is not the case on some of the line sets. An example of this, A guy ordered a set of lines using the correct part numbers for a 62 Cutlass and got the wrong set. .
thanks for replying... i just want to clarify - so sometimes it's as simple [although still a 'pita'] for you as to verify that the parts number you actually ordered is the same one on the part which they sent you and all is fine when both numbers match but sometimes they send you a different part number than you ordered and then you have to get the second shipment of the correct part number, yes?....... however, from what i understood in your last reply just above this is not not always such a cut-and-dried case and on at least one occasion that '62 cutlass guy and you received the correct part number - the same which you actually ordered - yet despite the lines that were sent by 'ilt' having the same part number you ordered, they still did not fit, correct?... so essentially they also sell some parts which according to their catalog number should definitely fit yet the parts do not, correct?...
or to put it another way, their catalog numbers on certain parts are in fact incorrect...

the reason i'm asking is that it's impossible for me to verify physically whether the parts i just ordered from them will in fact fit my 442 because i'm a quadriplegic in a wheelchair and i pre-ordered them only to have it ready in the near future once i'll find a local auto shop that's open and willing to do the job... this means that the parts will sit for at least a few days up to a few weeks before they can be physically fitted to/installed on my ride's exhaust manifold... by then it will be too late to return them/get the refund if these people have such a short return time window... that sounds ludicrous and i don't think i'll ever chance using inline tube as my source for any parts in the future... who wants to be out of funds just because a vendor does not have their s@@t together and at the same time honors returns for only a very short time...

i'm going to open both packages as soon as they arrive and verify whether the catalog numbers i used from their website match the actual parts i received but if they will, yet the parts will not be an exact fit once a mechanic tries to install them, then it seems that i'll be s@@t out of luck; and money... hopefully not but i'm no longer keen on ever ordering from them regardless based on the multiple opinions above...

Last edited by jerzy; June 14th, 2020 at 04:27 AM.
Old June 14th, 2020, 05:07 AM

Small parts come in bags with the part number on them and as long as it is the correct part number you are usually good. The line sets do not come in a bag with a part number on them. In this case, I think they just had something wrong in their library for line sets. I did order exhaust from them one time in a larger order and the exhaust was all correct on that order, it was the other stuff on that order that had a problem.
Old June 14th, 2020, 05:25 AM

Small parts come in bags with the part number on them and as long as it is the correct part number you are usually good. The line sets do not come in a bag with a part number on them. In this case, I think they just had something wrong in their library for line sets. I did order exhaust from them one time in a larger order and the exhaust was all correct on that order, it was the other stuff on that order that had a problem.
ok, got ya... so if my parts numbers jive with the ones from their website i should be ok... although my current order with that vendor was relatively low cost, thanks for sharing and alerting others about your experience even if many others here evidently have also already experienced similar issues... i had no idea about these issues with that vendor and i remember back about 15-20 years ago from my hot rodding/kustom days that they actually had a real good reputation back then... nothing lasts i suppose...

Last edited by jerzy; June 14th, 2020 at 05:28 AM.
Old June 14th, 2020, 07:13 AM

It sucks that you have to get the old part out, order exactly right, wait, receive, immediately open and inspect and compare and make the judgment that day, then, if wrong, wait again, and repeat with a lot of these companies. Does not help work flow.
Old June 14th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Escape From The Ordinary

Unfortunately, their return process blows. I’m not looking for an Amazon-type experience, but the overall customer experience leaves a lot on the table. The first parts vendor that solves how their consumer can seamlessly order AND return will be king of the market.
Old June 14th, 2020, 11:18 AM

I recently ordered a rear package shelf and a couple small items from Inline. Shipping at $46 reflected oversize parcel for the package shelve. Inline canceled out the shelf, no explanation from them, and refunded the amount for it. However they still charged me the full oversize parcel rate for what ended up being a few items that showed up in a small, light weight box.
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:26 PM

Wow, what a thread! I've ordered a score of times from INL and I've never had a mixup - really! I had no idea others were suffering to such an extent. Especially jenson - now 17 for 17 - Batting 1000% Holy smokes, I feel for you guys
Old June 27th, 2020, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Chris Witt, rest his soul, was going to have a knock-down, drag-out with Kryta at Norwalk one year, but I think Kryta didn't show.
Chris passed away? New to the forum but he always treated me well whenever we did business over the years....RIP bro.
Old June 27th, 2020, 01:25 PM

Yes, if I recall correctly, a dog ran at him on his motorcycle and he did the noble thing to try to miss the poor animal and couldn't recover from the swerve and went off the road and hit something and passed from the injuries. Good dude.
Old June 27th, 2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Yes, if I recall correctly, a dog ran at him on his motorcycle and he did the noble thing to try to miss the poor animal and couldn't recover from the swerve and went off the road and hit something and passed from the injuries. Good dude.
Damn, so sorry to hear this....