General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

how do you join real olds power .com

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2011, 08:04 AM

I was a member for awhile and then my password would no longer work. Tried to find out why but no one would answer my requests. After several attempts I finally gave up. Who needs them I say, all they do is fight and argue anyway.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by badd andy
ROP is the premier Oldsmobile web forum on the internet.

great people,great information.
Thats because its the only Olds board that hasnt banned you. Yes, classicolds has banned you once already.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:15 AM

and great fun too:

http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=75296

Originally Posted by badd andy

great people,great information.
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:05 AM

Just a final note on this thread since I cannot join ROP. They cannot even get pictures of the 2011 Reno Nationals posted and this group has covered the event very well from judging to pictures. I am glad to be a member here and I guess not up to par for ROP.

Lee
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM

I was the 8th person to join that site when it first came into existence. Things have change alot from that original site. 2 crashes and people not getting on because the Hunts are just getting tired of the work it takes. The no politics rule has long been forgotten. The site is monitored but only for their friends, some of them crooked vendors. They will delete posts/threads via a "Red Phone" even if the truth is being spoken. Since the site is race orientated I learned alot but also figured out who were just big BSers. Met and got to know many good guys from that site. Like most sites there are good points and bad. ROP is just a very popular site.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM

In its VERY early days, most of the posts on ROP were made by serious racers with serious questions and serious experience in going fast. The rest of us could learn a lot by simply reading those high-level discussions.

But, as with all public forums (especially those unmoderated), the conversations gradually degraded to the lowest common denominator, which only discouraged the big guns from posting. I encouraged them to set aside a forum with the rule that to post there you either had to have built a car running 10s or quicker or were in the process of building a car which would run 10s or quicker. But the moderators didn't bite. Probably saw it as too much work to police.

I don't visit there anymore. I got sick of weeding through all the non-technical bickering, BS, and politics, all of which would pop up even in the technical threads. Shame.
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

I posted a link to the pics I took but they quickly got mired with all the other stuff on that site and the pics I did take I took crap for because I took pics of '64-'67 stuff and station wagon stuff 'cause that's what I like. I even posted vids I took at the races. Oh well, can't make everyone happy.
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

How do you join RealOldsPower.com

First, you must be a suck up and two faced for starters. It helps to be a thief and good liar and you must be willing to be brain washed, it's not a website or club, it's a cult and if you go there you will end up a mindless ROP follower that spends their life butt sniffing those who have more $$$ than themselves thinking that will some how rub off on you.

It really helps improve your position as ROP follower by going around the internet and posting a RealOldsPower link every chance you get.

Originally Posted by 380 Racer
I was member #8 of the original ROP membership. Of course that was 2-3 crashes ago. I go there just because it is more racing orientated.
380 Racer was member #6 on ORO the first Oldsmobile website on the internet for racers. Russell Hunt was member #5 at oldsmobileracersonline.com and there are a few others here that were some of the first members at ORO and they went around bad mouthing that website when Russell Hunt took the word REAL from video format that was used on ORO and put that word in front of OLDS POWER to come up with REALOLDSPOWER. Then Russell Hunt along with Greg Goden recruited a few others to contact every member on both websites and tell them to go to ROP.

As with any site there are 4-5 guys that know HP and the rest are internet engine builders and wannabes. Same shyt different day.
How would you describe yourself ? You aren't an engine builder, you claim you built your first engine and ported the heads when I have an email from you where you say that you had the heads ported by some Buick guy. Your second motor, the 380ci motor was built by Greg Godon not you. And this last motor, the 425ci SBO was built by yet another engine builder, not you and he drives/races your car.

I was the 8th person to join that site when it first came into existence. Things have change alot from that original site. 2 crashes and people not getting on because the Hunts are just getting tired of the work it takes. The no politics rule has long been forgotten. The site is monitored but only for their friends, some of them crooked vendors. They will delete posts/threads via a "Red Phone" even if the truth is being spoken. Since the site is race orientated I learned alot but also figured out who were just big BSers. Met and got to know many good guys from that site. Like most sites there are good points and bad. ROP is just a very popular site.
Still complaining and bad mouthing those you once praised. Just like you said, same shyt different day. "Have a Nice Day"

Last edited by SBORule; August 11th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Banned

I have also met many guys over there in person at Olds races. I have also made some very good friends including from Sweden, England and Holland.
I can only hope they value your friendship as much as you valued mine.
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

How do you join ROP? It's the same as the joke about the politician.

Q: Why did the politician cross the floor?
A: He didn't, he just said he did

Q: Why join ROP?
A: You don't, you just think you did

Q: What does ROP stand for?
A: They don't even know, so why bother asking?
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:04 AM

Rotflmao

Last edited by 380 Racer; August 14th, 2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

My health dictates I can't build them anymore or drive the car.
It saddens me that you are unhappy with Greg Godon, Russell Hunt and the way he runs his website.

So by your own admission, you are stating that Russell Hunt monitors his website, "but only to protect his friends for which some are crooked vendors."

And that he deletes posts and threads via a "Red Phone" even if the truth is being spoken about his crooked friends/vendors.

Sounds like a great website.
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:19 AM

Here you go........you might learn something:

http://www.dragracingonline.com/technical/2009/xi_5-oldstech-1.html

http://www.dragracingonline.com/technical/2009/xi_6-oldstech-1.html

http://www.dragracingonline.com/technical/2009/xi_7-oldstech-1.html

http://www.dragracingonline.com/columns/deadon/xii_12-1.html

http://www.dragracingonline.com/technical/2011/xiii_7-olds-1.html
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:24 AM

I will add this about ROP. There is a wealth of knowledge there. Not all of it is stellar but you can always get your questions answered. Like any other sight you have your knuckle heads too. It also has it's fair share of opinionated ****** who like to stir the pot continually. You also have the constant selling by the various merchants who tend to bash one another every chance they get, very childish at times.

I go there for the knowledge I can glean from the various topics and offer my help if I can. Just have a thick skin.
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:35 AM

I already think most of the good members of rop already belong to this site so I no longer have any desire to join. Lee
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by leepear
I already think most of the good members of rop already belong to this site so I no longer have any desire to join. Lee
I was a member a long time ago, did not visit it for quite awhile, and could not sign in when I went back a few months ago. Re-applied for membership, got the "Pending approval" messege - waited, no word.

Tried sending e-mails - unanswered. Eventually, even the "Pending" messege did not show up.

Here is a funny twist - the SAME thing happened when I signed up at THIS forum!

I had to do a whole new request recently, and this time it was approved rather promptly. I've been on various automotive forums since about '97 or so, and NEVER been banned from any of them!

Oh well,
(a different) Lee
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Banned

Congratulations Nick, your Cutlass now runs as quick as my 432ci BBC powered 1971 Chevelle did back in 1982.

There is nothing in those articles that I didn't already know.

You might want to go back to the doctor and make sure you don't have blockage to your brain because all that those links prove is that you don't build your engines or transmissions. Who backhalfed your car ? That's right, not you.

I guess that is why you don't like that guy over on highperformanceolds.com that has that quote in his signature that says

Having someone build your car and being proud when it runs fast is like having someone screw your wife and then saying you love the kid she had by the other guy.

I unlike yourself, ported my own heads, modified and assembled my engine and transmission and rearend, basically everything on my car with my own two hands without the help or guidance from you or anyone else but myself.

BTW. That meds accusation was cute, is that from personal experience ?

I'm glad you are sooooooooo proud of your car and driver/engine builder, so what else does Jock do for ya.

Last edited by SBORule; August 13th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:13 PM

All I know is that I, as far as ROP goes I followed the directions to the tee. I submitted my info several months ago, but have not recieved a response. This is even though I have tried e-mailing the administrator 5 times. I have tried to sign on several times to no avail. I notice the forums do not contain very many new posts, and there appears to be a lot of pissing matches going on. Thus, I do not need the BS and will not be a member of ROP. This site and Oldspower.com seem to be a lot more civil, minus the non olds powered battles, and more to my liking. Alot less poop stirring here in short.
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM

You never even read those tech articles did you? ROTFLMAO........... Bruce, you and Eric are just alike. Maybe that's why the both of you got banned from ROP. I am done with you.

Last edited by 380 Racer; August 14th, 2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:12 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rocketraider
That site has been troublesome to register the last few years. Don't know how to tell you to get in.
X2. I have the same issue as well.
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

I received the following message from ClassicOldsmobile.com administrator.

Oldsguy
Hot Rodder at heart Administrator

You have received an infraction at ClassicOldsmobile.com
Dear SBORule,

You have received an infraction at ClassicOldsmobile.com.

Reason: What you posted to 380Racer was trolling. No insults or name calling
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
ClassicOldsmobile.com

"The rocket 455.....it's a sledgehammer approach to a thumbtack world" LuxBlue of HAMB.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realize I was trolling but if the truth is insulting, I guess I'm guilty.

As 380racer mentioned in the post above that he conveniently deleted/edited today, he mentions that ROP is a liars playground, I agree with that statement, liars all over the place over there.

I believe the true reason he edited/deleted his above post is because he was trying to erase what he said about people not realizing some of what he said remains in the quote replys I posted. Those of you who have been following this thread should remember what he said and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I'm accused of fabricating what he quoted.

Nick is an alright guy, he means well and I don't think he would give anyone bad technical advice but his knowledge and experience is second hand information, he only knows what people have told him because he does not actually build his stuff himself. You see, he use to be a so called friend of mine but he turned his back on me and talked shyt about me for years over on ROP to fall in with the good graces with Russell Hunt & Greg Godon who of course stabbed me in the back when I banned Greg Godon from ORO for being an obnoxious person who constantly attacked Jerry Wroblewski and spamed the message board 24/7 with business services and Russell built ROP and contacted every member on ORO and the rest is history. I don't hold any grudges against Russell for what he did or Greg for that matter, I'm a forgiving man and although ROP was created out of spite and pure jealousy it has severed a purpose and many people have benefited from the website. I can't argue about the knowledge base at ROP, those same words were said about ORO when ROP first started. Everybody likes a good mutiny (I think thats spelled right?) and people will follow those with fast cars and knowledge, that's human nature but loyalty or respect in this spectrum is totally out the window when it comes to the bottom line, it's all about $$$$ and what I can do you for or what you can do for me or what I can get out of you, hello it's called the rat race, everybody is out for themselves.

Now Nick talks bad about Greg Godon & Russell Hunt and has nothing but great things to say about his current friend/engine builder/driver like he use to talk about me and others that he now talks bad about.

He use to have in his signature over on HPO people he would not do business with, it should be pretty easy who that was. That same person even posted on HPO that Nick is a very miserable person who does nothing but post negative things about people he can't get something out of, OMG he should talk.

I will be here to help anyone I can to the best of my knowledge weather I like you or not. The good book says, do good things and good things will happen to you, I agree and disagree with that from my personal experiences in life.

It's raining here or else I would not wasted this much time posting my thoughts about things that are true and factual to the best of my knowledge and hopefully anything I have said is not outside the guidelines or rules of this fine messageboard here on ClassicOldsmobile.com

It stopped raining, see ya.

Oh BTW, I was banned from ROP because I was exposing the crooked business practices of one of Russell Hunt friends who was Ripping Off a customer for $12,000-$15,000 and of course the rest is history.
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Kjr442

Originally Posted by leepear
I noticed many of you are members of Real Olds Power. Several of us have been unable to join this group. Is it something I ate or do I smell?

Lee
I feel the same way!!
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:22 AM

Try again after ya grow a little hair on your knuckles.......
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:50 AM

Is anybody else have problems connecting to ROP? I haven't been able to connect since late yesterday. For those who think it's an exclusive site,it's not it's just that the Hunts don't have time to run it and apparently have lost interest in it. The Hunt Brothers build/frame houses for a living and they also run a dragstrip,so there's only so many hours in a day and ROP gets the short end of it. I'm not making excuses for them,I'm just telling you what I know about it. There's some good guys and some not so good guys on ROP,some may consider me a bad guy there because I'm not scared to join in a little political or non PC banter. I just go with the flow over there,I've learned a lot and I think I've given a lot in return. There's room for all Olds message boards,some good some bad some in the middle and it doesn't have to be either or with them.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:05 AM
One part at a time

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
Is anybody else have problems connecting to ROP? I haven't been able to connect since late yesterday. For those who think it's an exclusive site,it's not it's just that the Hunts don't have time to run it and apparently have lost interest in it. The Hunt Brothers build/frame houses for a living and they also run a dragstrip,so there's only so many hours in a day and ROP gets the short end of it. I'm not making excuses for them,I'm just telling you what I know about it. There's some good guys and some not so good guys on ROP,some may consider me a bad guy there because I'm not scared to join in a little political or non PC banter. I just go with the flow over there,I've learned a lot and I think I've given a lot in return. There's room for all Olds message boards,some good some bad some in the middle and it doesn't have to be either or with them.
I can't access the web page either. We were overdue for another crash.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Oldsdruid

I can't get in either Mike. Tried using realoldspower.com and the actual IP numerical address since that will sometimes work when the name address won't. Keep getting "connection to server was reset while loading the page".

I figured Ted and toyforce finally blew the place up with politics and foil hats. That or the OCA recall thread did.

Worst case scenario, Ted and them are right and the guvamink has listed ROP as an enemy of the state and scrambled it!
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by 67 442
I can't access the web page either. We were overdue for another crash.
Maybe they are updating the site.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
I can't get in either Mike. Tried using realoldspower.com and the actual IP numerical address since that will sometimes work when the name address won't. Keep getting "connection to server was reset while loading the page".

I figured Ted and toyforce finally blew the place up with politics and foil hats. That or the OCA recall thread did.

Worst case scenario, Ted and them are right and the guvamink has listed ROP as an enemy of the state and scrambled it!
RallyBob probably had Barry shut it down.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
RallyBob probably had Barry shut it down.

Baddandy must be crushed.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Unavailable since yesterday evening. Probably another crash.
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:46 AM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

The ROP train has derailed.
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:28 PM

Lights out Louise.....

Kinda how the Soprano's ended.......
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:14 PM

It's done blowed up!
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
car guy

No reason to keep both of these going at the same time. Go here to talk about this.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-rop-site.html