General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1967 Olds Cutlass 4 Door Sedan B07 B09 (442) "Police Apprhender" option... RARE?

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by oldsmosteel
after thoroughly checking the carb... i can say for a fact that i don't have a plate like that. i don't see a date code anywhere on it. there are faint little "BP" numbers on some of the parts that i can see but no date code stamped on the outside. is there any other way i can get a carb kit?
Any OEM '67 carb will have that ~3/4" round tag pressed into the LH side [driver side] near the front. Show a pic of the entire LH side of your carb? Should be on the order of 702715x, x is any digit.
70= Rochester
__27= 1967
____xxx last three is the exact application; my memory falls short here but '136, '156, '157 come to mind as various '67 Olds carb numbers. Surely the internet has a handy guide like Blake's site?

Ah, here ye go
http://customrebuiltcarbs.com/view_c...ake=Oldsmobile

On the air cleaner- I concur that it is not at all like any '67 Olds *ordinary* air cleaner. The info should be INKED on thru a stencil, but I see what appears to be a paper tag in tatters. The top looks 1980's shape, the snout is very long and slim, with not a hint of flare, and I have *never* seen one with a flat spot on the snout but no "Thermac". Again we apply the Last Time Seen, Never rule... don't toss it out just yet, because it is not ordinary, because... the whole car is not ordinary. There is a real possibility that it IS the original air cleaner at least as the PO rcvd it.... Save and document everything. Perhaps the PO has photos of the engine from yrs ago?

Last edited by Octania; February 13th, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Look on this vertical "rib"
thanks for the pic reference. there is no code number on this carb. i just got off the phone w/ Cliffs High Perf... told him what i had. he said its highly likely that it's a factory replacement carb. going to forward him some pics he said he'll let me know for sure. my question is.. if it is a factory replacement carb could it still be "original" to the car?
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM

At this point, everything is out of the ordinary about this car, so do nothing in haste.

I'd stash that carb and study it and meanwhile procure a "properly" numbered candidate for actual use.

I can get you an NOS '67 service carb for the cost of a rebuild- maybe. Details may vary.
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by droldsmorland
Kurt types faster then I. The arrow points to the spot.
Kurt definitely does not type faster. His accuracy in posting a pic is exceeded by his laziness to type.
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM

I got you PM yesterday.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Octania
Again we apply the Last Time Seen, Never rule... don't toss it out just yet, because it is not ordinary, because... the whole car is not ordinary. There is a real possibility that it IS the original air cleaner at least as the PO rcvd it.... Save and document everything. Perhaps the PO has photos of the engine from yrs ago?
GOOD ADVICE & WELL TAKEN!

so i emailed Cliff Ruggle pics of the carb. he responded pretty quickly w/ this

"Marty, it appears original or at least period correct for that application. In 1967 Buick and Old’s q-jets were side inlet, later years were front inlet, and yours has Old’s linkage....Cliff"

so carb "appears" to be period correct which is good. it will be impossible to ever know if the carb is the "original" carb to the car considering there isn't a date code on it any where. i've read good things about Cliff's HP i think i'm going to have him rebuild the carb. he did say there was a waiting list.......... hopefully not too long. anyone have any experience w/ Cliffs HP?
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:20 PM
FNG

Nice find Oldsmosteel, it'll be nice to see it restored. I bet that will drive nicer than any civilian version. I'd restore and drive it since it's essentially a 4 door 442. I was going to suggest CHP paint, but a white sleeper would have it's advantages...

Last edited by HotRods442; February 18th, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:56 AM

nice find!!
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:18 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Originally Posted by HotRods442
Nice find Oldsmosteel, it'll be nice to see it restored. I bet that will drive nicer than any civilian version. I'd restore and drive it since it's essentially a 4 door 442. I was going to suggest CHP paint, but a white sleeper would have it's advantages...
Good advice hotrod! Id love to see it restored. I really dig the odd ball stuff. That's what got me into Olds back in 70s as Ill my buddies had Shovels Goats & Blowpars. I was the only one with Olds in my blood. My dad started it with a 66 Toro (Deluxe, plum on black cloth) and many Cutlasses throughout my childhood. Of course now he owns a 68 Vette!