Price Check...

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Price Check...

Found an engines listed locally (see below) and don't know anything other than what is in the posting. given this limited information, what is a good "ball park" offer, or a range?

I have an Olds 350 bored .030 over TRW Forged 10.1 pistons, Comp Cams Extreme Energy cam, new guide plates, push rods and roller rockers. The heads have been ported and polished, three angle valve job and intake side is 2.07 exahust is 1.65. Performer RPM intake. Make me an offer.

Thanks,

NS
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:49 PM
car guy

Can hear it run and do a compression test ? Built by a known good shop? Sitting on a stand never run? Greasy worn out pull out? ect ect
We need more info
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Can hear it run and do a compression test ? Built by a known good shop? Sitting on a stand never run? Greasy worn out pull out? ect ect
We need more info
Richard,

I know there is quite a bit of "facts" missing from the listing. I am trying to decide if it is worth traveling down to check the engine out if the price is outrageous.

So, if the engine "was" build professionally, holds good compression and is setting on a stand, ready to load, what do you think is a fair offer as a buyer?

Thanks,

NS
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:44 PM

BTW, how do you all get the pictures of your cars in the bottom of your sigline?

Thanks.

NS
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:48 AM
car guy

Unless I really knew the motor, builder and its history I would have a hard time with more than about a grand. Now if it was a BTR or Smitty motor and I needed it then the price could go up considerably.

Originally Posted by NightStalker
Richard,

I know there is quite a bit of "facts" missing from the listing. I am trying to decide if it is worth traveling down to check the engine out if the price is outrageous.

So, if the engine "was" build professionally, holds good compression and is setting on a stand, ready to load, what do you think is a fair offer as a buyer?

Thanks,

NS