Sell price opinion

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2010, 09:35 AM

Sell price opinion

Hey ya' ll,
Well, after all the blood, sweat and $$, it will soon be time for a new project. Unfortunately I can’t have several cars like some of you lucky ones. So I would like some opinions on a sell price. I know it’s hard to place value but I’m sure I can get some good feedback here. What I’ve done to date is: Replace the interior including door panels with original color and style from Legendary and professionally installed locally. Floor pans covered with POR 15 and new underlayment and carpet installed. Console cleaned and painted. Burl wood on dash replaced. Steering wheel replaced. New turn signal and tilt levers installed. Custom Auto Sound USA 630 stereo with USB port. New center dash speaker and new kick panels with JVC speakers installed. All suspension bushings, ball joints, tie rods, drag link replaced with MOOG components. Upper and lower control arms front and rear sandblasted and painted. Engine, wheel wells and engine compartment cleaned and painted. New shocks and coil springs front and rear. New PS pump, rebuilt fast ratio power steering box and rag joint. New water pump, fuel pump, 80 amp Alternator, Holley 600 w/electric choke, Edlebrock Performer intake, Cal custom valve covers, thermostat, flex fan, chrome air cleaner and breather caps. Oil pan gasket replaced. New Powermaster high torque mini starter. Hedman headers with ceramic titanium coating done locally by Poly Dynamics. Complete new Dynomax 2-1/2” exhaust system. New battery and cables. New hoses and belts. 4 row radiator, GM HEI and plug wires are about 5 years old. A/C removed and fiberglass AGM A/C delete cover installed. Front drum brakes upgraded to original style 11” discs with all new brake lines/hoses front to rear. New gas tank, sending unit and fuel lines front to rear. Rebuilt TH350 with shift kit, new torque convertor and trans cooler lines. Rebuilt 10 bolt 3.42 posi from J-D Race (CO forum member Monzaz) with all new drums, shoes, hardware and MOOG control arm bushings. New driveshaft fabricated locally. All weather stripping and window sweeps replaced and have new weatherstrip ready for install on top and trunk. Underside of car was needle scaler cleaned of rust and debris, power washed and coated with rust preventative paint and floor pan undercoated. Original 14” SSII wheels but the tires should be replaced soon. The trunk could use refinishing. I think the top, cylinders and pump are original but they still work ok and rear glass is in great condition. She was repainted in the mid 80’s and it looks good and shiny from 20 feet but has some dull areas, nicks, dings and scratches. There is evidence of bondo in the usual places. I saved all major original parts that I removed including A/C, intake, carb, valve covers, exhaust manifolds, water pump, steering box, drive shaft and 2.56 open rear end. Obviously there’s still things to do but she is mechanically sound, runs great , doesn’t burn oil or have any leaks and has the original protecto plate and owner’s manual. Whew, that was long and a lot of typing. Whatcha think? Thanks, Rob
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:49 AM
car guy

Based on your details I think you are dealing with a $8,000-$12,000 car in the market. Probably sell pretty fast on the low side and expect to sit on it a while on the high side.
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM

If I had that car and put in all that energy and money I wouldn't except anything less than $12,000. Body integrity is a major factor so some buyers might shy away from obvious bondo and/or poor paint quality. On the other hand, convertibles are pretty desirable and red is a popular color with buyers. Good luck on the sale.
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM

I looked at your photos on your album, looks nice, though more photos would help. I would venture to say $15,000.
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:30 AM

Yeah, I think somewhere around 13-14k is where I would ask. Even though I've got over 20k in it right now, I know I'd never get anywhere close to that. As the saying goes in a divorce, "It's cheaper to keep her". Thanks for the input guys. Rob