The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Registered

Good Morning.

Pretty slow here, you guys all been busy watching TV, milking the cows, or working on your your latest gourmet crawcrab and mater dish??

I tried to stay awake last night to watch the Bigfoot finding show, their logic cracks me up. You know that if you don't ever see a Sasquatch that proves they exist because they hide from people and you would naturally never see them??
A buddy of mine Jim/Flasheroo who lives in Virginia and has a last gen Custom Cruiser that's way nicer than mine is joining up so be on the lookout and act appropriately...Sandy. I warned him about you too.
I invited him and told him all kinds of lies to get him to join so do me right.

The LS powered cars welcome thread is fun lately.
I'm going to start a LO3 and LO5 Chebby TBI engine powered vehicles are welcome thread for cars like mine and chebby trucks.
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:53 AM

Mawn'in all

Cold as a well diggers shovel down ere.

IF [note de big If] de green thaw out, I'm gonna try and smack whitey 'roud dis afternoon

Originally Posted by citcapp
Jamsbo, looks kinda like the Tiger might be staging a come back.
Looks to me like de guy who took 2 drivers to Augusta and stand on de wrong side of de ball cleaned his clock. Several years ago, during the practice round of an Amex tournamnet, I saw him hit a ball 200 yards out of a bunker to the green while talking to the crowd about de Atlanta Braves,

Mike, Glad cha got de Rolls safely home. Can I have de hood ornament? You don't wanta look to ostentatious at de Awful House. De waitress will be spec'in big tips.

There's a cool yard de junk in Dawsonville. Even has a Corvair pick up fer your esoteric collection.

I never did care much fer bowl'in. Never could figger out how to keep score. De shoes were very popular when I was in college though.

John, Did cha line up a video guy? I really look'in forward to what he trades de beads fer. Several years ago, I gave sum to a bev cart beauty, but it didn't werk. I got de ole deer in de headlites look an dats about it.

To bring in sum more cash, I've opened a one stop store. Let me know if ya needs anything.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:43 AM
CQR

Monday, Monday, cant trust that day...

Morningall,

Really hard to drag my derriere outta bed this mornin.

Cold and foggy today. Looks like that stupid rodent was right. I don't see any signs of spring anywhere.

Dang weekends are gettin too busy. Glad to see the Zombies are back. Funny I always have dreams about huntin Zombies after watching 'The Walking Dead'

Paul congrats on your high series the other night. We found out they are tearing down our alley in May. So we went to another place yesterday to do some research on where to have our next league. They had lane cameras and tracked ball speed which was neat, but the lanes looked like ski ramps in certain areas and the ball would get air-born a couple times in its travels. The worst part is there are some sharp edges somewhere in the equipment. Got a couple nicks the first game and had to finish the next 2 games with house *****.

Looks like we may be down in B-O-P's area in April for the jazz-fest. Looking at a rental in Mandeville.?.

I feel your pain Sandy. We only got about an inch this weekend, so I didn't have to plow, but we still have a good foot of old dirty black nasty icy snow.

The Mrs. made some Chili from scratch yesterday and almost blew the house up. She went outside for a while and the gas burner went out. we came back into the house and thought the dog wasn't feeling well. Peeyoo. Good thing for mercaptain I guess.
Attachment 178186
She sure made it spicy. I have a feeling this morning rituals are gonna be brutal.

Jef, the UPS guy left your delivery here. Make sure you send a lot of dump trucks to come and pick it up. The mules in the backyard would appreciate you taking all the white stuff, and making sure that any future deliveries are properly addressed.

Jamesbo and Scot. Looky what we got this weekend
Attachment 178187
Bad cel-phone pic, but yep, thats twins. They seem to be pretty healthy. That sure helps with the profit margin.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:48 AM

Congrats Clint, I only remeber twins once. One of them got all the milk and the other one mooched off every other mama an out grew her sister.
Old February 13th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well it's up to 21 degrees after being 17 this morning early! Sun is out right now and it's pretty. Supposed to have snow this afternoon - 2 inches or so.

Clint.... Look at those beautiful babies, lol!!! I used to love feeding the calves with a bottle, lol. The're soooo cute!! So you raise them and sell them? That chili looks yummy! Larry makes excellent chili. It's usually pretty spicy. I love chili..... but it doesn't like me anymore. 20 minutes after I eat it, I'm a burpin fool, lol! Hope you can find a new place to bowl. I used to bowl on a league many moons ago. Haven't been bowling in years. I loved it! I used to have trouble keeping score - then they came out with the electronic score keeping! Great thing, lol. I used to have my own bag ball and shoes. Gave them away when I moved in with Larry.

Blue.... Of course I'll be nice to your friend. For a fee....... Ya better warn him about Redgoat! Larry was watching a Bigfoot thing yesterday too. These people were in Canada, eh, camping out. Had all these lights and such..... Yeah, I'm sure Bigfoot will be right out, lol! Those shows are so hokey!!

So what is an LS powered car? What does that mean?

Jamesbo.... I love that sign, lol! That's funny, right there and I don't care who you are!

The guys are back.... Guess Steve came in yesterday from 9 - 5, Clay said. Clay came in for a couple hours. Brian didn't come in at all. He hs the martyr syndrome going on all the time.... So he can tell everyone how he has to work through lunch and all that crap. So I'm listening to it this morning!! It's 78 friggin degrees in here... sandals are on, fan is on, and I just went and changed out of my long sleeved shirt I had on, to an exercise T shirt I keep here. Much better!!!!! It just ain't healthy to sit in this kind of heat.....

Well you all have a great day!!
Old February 13th, 2012, 06:38 AM

Sandy,

LS powered is just another name fro chebby powered just a newer generation of GM motor.

Clint,

Chili looks good now I am hungry. The twins look healthy been a long time since I was on the farm. Brought back some memories.

Jamesbo,

Yep the Tiger fell apart and lefty left all the young quy's in the dust made my day. Still to wet and rainy here to get in a good round of golf. You would need a shovel to find your drive.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Registered

How did you know I already warned him about Redgoat Sandy??
Those "men" you work with must have thin blood, make up some of that chili and take it to them, that would thicken up their blood.

The Most Interesting Man in the World bowls overhand.
I used to have my own ball, bag, and shoes too but when I got into Pong and Space Invaders I gave them to Redgoat.
My son-in-law loves golfing, headed down to Florida with his little family in a few weeks to get some golf in and visit his mom. He wants to try and teach my daughter when they're there but she's actually deathly afraid she'll be struck by lightning.
She told me the rest of the cops on the forced recently nicknamed him "Fun Size".
His name is Dan and they call him Danno too, guess who gets to book everybody??

That sign reminds me of the place I used to work next door to in high school. I was very honored be one of the few people of my particular race that could walk into "Scotty's Playboy Records and Delicatessen - A Division of Scotty's Landscaping" without being shot or stabbed.
Their hoagies and purple Kool-Aid were excellent.
It was on Lee road south of Harvard Sandy, you probably drive by there all the time when your headed downtown to the Monster Truck shows.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All! I guess I just missed the morning by a frew mins

Blue don't forgot the curb feelers and continental kit too Then Redgoat will have a pimp daddy ride to go wit his seven piece suit.

Congrats Clint on your twins There's no substitute for great chili that burns ya twice

Jamesbo you forgot to add title pawn and checks cashed on your sign

Sandy you need to put in for a window by your desk, that way when those guys crank up the heat you can open a window and freeze em out Then they will compromise.

Yall have a great Monday afternoon

Scot
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:29 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Book 'em Danno
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

http://youtu.be/Ymd4cLDgAF8
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Blue..... you just ain't right, lol! I keep tellin ya, I don't go to Cleveland!!! I don't like golfing. I just don't see the "fun" in it? I like going to NY to see everyone for the golf tournament, I like the food and the prizes, but I don't care for the actual golfing part, lol! I was the only one on our team who didn't lose any ***** though! It's a fun time, though.

Did ya remember my sista for Valentine's Day tomorrow??

Scot.... I'd LOVE to have a window!!! It's cold out at Clay's desk - the cold air comes in the bottom of the sealed window, lol. I told him if I sat out there, I'd roll up some old towels and put along the sill. My hands get cold when I sit out there.

Book 'em Danno..... Murder One!
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM

I wonder what the prisons are like in Hawaii?
Bet they're nice and sunny/ warm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9Me6w
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Morning all, late afternoon storm yesterday I got a little of it as I was out in the olds took some stuff out of the trunk and saw a little water in there, looks like my back window is leaking I'll have to fix that quick

Back to work today let's hope the next 4 days go quick

I haven't hit whitey since before Christmas Jamesbo, little hard to get out there when work changes your shift around so your golfin buddies work when your off

Good looking calfs there Clint, more the merrier

Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Blue..... you just ain't right, lol! I keep tellin ya, I don't go to Cleveland!!! I don't like golfing. I just don't see the "fun" in it? I like going to NY to see everyone for the golf tournament, I like the food and the prizes, but I don't care for the actual golfing part, lol! I was the only one on our team who didn't lose any ***** though! It's a fun time, though.

Did ya remember my sista for Valentine's Day tomorrow??

Scot.... I'd LOVE to have a window!!! It's cold out at Clay's desk - the cold air comes in the bottom of the sealed window, lol. I told him if I sat out there, I'd roll up some old towels and put along the sill. My hands get cold when I sit out there.

Book 'em Danno..... Murder One!
Nahh... too easy...never mind.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow???!!!!

Last edited by Bluevista; February 13th, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Always room for one more

Happy evening everyone.

I was out walking along the lake bed this afternoon. Picked up a lot of junk that people just threw overboard when they were fishing. Don't know why people have to be like that. Anyway my buddy was with me and he stepped in a soft spot and sunk to his knees. I had a heck of a time pulling him out. We were more careful after that.

Took my new Fiat to get its first oil change today. The owners manual says to change the oil every 4000 miles. The light came on at 3600. I get free maintenance for the first 3 years. The service guy says to me, oh no, you're not due until 8000 miles. I guess the schedule is dependent on who's paying.

I read one time this guy who was a huge fan of Hawaii 5-0 wrote to CBS inquiring about the Mercury Jack Lord drove. Found out the car was languishing in the CBS motorpool, talked them into giving/selling him the car, and got a bunch of paperwork from CBS saying they would not confirm or deny that was the car from the show.

And what would be a post from me without a reference to the Awful house. And speaking of chili, the cook this morning was telling me someone came in last week and ordered a bowl of chili, but wanted him to pick all the beans out.

Have a good night everyone!

Mike
Old February 14th, 2012, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in all

Drizzl'in an dank dis mawn'in.

Hawaii would be nice right 'bout now. but it's a long bus ride from ere. I flew back from dare once on a 747 and dare was a dude in de up stairs bar who recited Robert Service non stop from Honalulu to L.A.

It's amaz'in what a little fire water will do to people.

Happy VD everyone.

Welp, Becaused de greens were frozen my 11:30 tee time turned into a 2:30 tee time so I said to heck wit smack'in whitely 'round yesterday.

My frigg'in reset button on de hot water heater keeps pop'in out. I've got an extended warranty from Lowes. I'll let cha know if it's werth a Tinker's Hurrray in 'bout an hour.

Mike, Glad your buddy is Ok. Y'all oughta know better dan to get mired up 'round a lake. Course, Once I got 2 jeeps stuck in a wet plowed feel so I should know better myself.

Can't make de Awful House dis mawn'in, I've sav'in my cholesterol count fer Tuesday an Fried Chicken livers wit Donny [DonL442]

Gotta watch what cha eat ya know.
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Always room for one more

Top o' da morning to you's.

Jamesbo this is the last opportunity I'll have to go wallerin' in the mud. The lake is coming back up, and it's raining so that will be that until some distant year when the lake people decide to let it down again. Wish I had thought to take a picture of my buddy with my phone. I guess his wife couldn't stop laughing when he went home.

It looks like today will be stay in the house day. The dogs will like that. Yesterday I was in and out all day and barely got to spend any time with them. This morning it will be Awful house and a couple errands then back home. Maybe I'll post something every hour.

Be good everybody!

Mike
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All, and Happy Valentines Day to all my sweethearts, lol!

I have on my annual Valentines Day outfit. Black jeans, red sweater, gold heart necklace and earrings. Only wear it once a year, lol, and it's too friggin hot in here for the sweater. Sandals have been on since I came in. Fan isn't on.... yet!! We're going to go out to eat italian tonight at D'Angelos. I love that place. Larry doesn't much care for it. He likes his steak and baked potato. I get tired of steak.

It's snowing here. Supposed to only get a couple inches, as most of it is supposed to be going to the south of us. It's in the 30's. It's supposed to be around 50 on Wednesday! Crazy weather..... I remember the blizzard we had on Valentines Day back around 2004 or somewhere around there! It snowed and blowed and piled up fast!! It was dangerous driving. I remember being soooo scared driving home from work.

Jamesbo.... I love that cartoon, lol!!! How true that is! I need to give that one to Brian... He goes there for breakfast sometimes every morning! At least 3 times a week anyhow. Of course the 'gut' he's getting isn't due to his lack of diet.... it's the medication he takes. Yeah, right!!!! Some medications do cause weight gain, but eating like an unhealthy pig also has something to do with it, lol!

Mike.... maybe you have some quicksand around that lake, lol! Good thing you got yor friend out of there.

Adrian... Nice to hear from ya!

Clint must be out in the barn or plowin snow, lol!!

You all have a great day!
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:50 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All and Happy Valentines Day Sandy

Raining and cool with temps lingering in da 40's. Was rain w/sleet mix dis morning at 2:30 when I got up, but now it's all rain.

Well I guess I better grab a bite to eat, I'll check in a little later.

Scot
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Happy Valentines Day.

That's funny, Redgoat wears the same outfit as you do on Valentine's day Sandy??
I'll never forget how much he whined and cried when I took him to have his ears pierced.
Laura's takin' me out to to Blazin' Bill's for ribs tonight, my car ain't settin' foot out on these salt encrusted roads so she has to take me.
Tell Larry he can join us if he wants.
I had Italian last night at D'Pizza Huts.

Hey Mike, was the service guy at that Fiat dealer named Tony??
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Happy sweetheart day from Hallmark to you all

Another cool wet day. Laid some candy and a present out on the counter last night for my wife to find this morning. That started the day off right. Now she's thinking up something good for dinner tonight. Maybe out to prime rib at the Keg.

Have a great day all
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Morning all, got a few clouds hanging around but hopefully no rain.

My brother in law is born on valentines day so I don't have to celebrate it around here. How lucky am I, one less day to get in trouble if you forget

Hope you all have a good day

Adrian
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:52 AM

Morning all..

Chance for frost-free Days.. Damn right for the next five Days.
Tomorrow starts the craziest Time of the Year
here in Düsseldorf...
Till Monday the streets are full with Fun, Music and Costumes..
We call it "Karneval" and the "Rosenmontag" is the Highlight..

Nice Day all....

Udo
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:22 AM
CQR

Happy Humpday.

Udo, Those are some strange lookin costumes. What event is the celebration for? Is it country wide?

Mike, a FIAT? Really?
You do know where to find spare parts for your FIAT, don't you?
Follow another one around and pick up whatever falls off.

Arian, Sorry to hear about your leak, I fought one all last summer, I have it mostly fixed. Bad engineering, and about as good as it's gonna get.

Happy Belated singles awareness day. Sorry, I didn't post, but my life of rest and relaxation is nowhere to be found. Mom got out of rehab yesterday and went to stay with my sister until she can hang at home on her own.and dad was moved out of ICU yesterday as well.

I found out yesterday that the little heifer twin is most likely sterile. They call her a 'freemartin'. 90% of the heifers twins that have a male twin don't develop right. interesting.

Well, I have to talk to one of the kids teachers today. She was supposed to watch a movie called 'A Clockwork Orange' for extra credit. We all sat down to watch some lady get brutally raped while her husband was bound and forced to watch. We made it about 10 minutes into it, before shutting it off. I'm really afraid there is no saving our public school system. There were no warnings, parent signatures, permission slips, nothing. Not really sure what to make of it.

Everyone have a fabulous day!
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:23 AM

Mawn'in all

A little chilli dis mawn'in but spose to be a nice day.

Udo, Dat pic makes my head hurt.

Mike, Tanks fer de Amphi mag. I didn't know you were..............

My Super Model went shop'in fer Valetine's Day but I got dropped off at Day care.
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:34 AM

Look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniva...nd_and_Austria

Udo
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin' All!

Chilly and cool here with dense fog for now but temps are expected to climb into the upper 60's by this afternoon Yay!

Sounds like fun Udo, is that something like Oktoberfest? People around here wouldn't know how to act if something like that were to take place here

All of my girls had a great Valentines Day and the TW did too The TW and I had steamed shrimp (Old Bay), wine, salad, wine, baked potato, wine, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots with cheese sauce and did I mention wine? Oh and a heart shaped strawberry swirl cheesecake. YUMMY!

Yall have a great hump day

Scot
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by CQR

Udo, Those are some strange lookin costumes. What event is the celebration for? Is it country wide?
I bet it's a hoot

Originally Posted by CQR
Mike, a FIAT? Really?
You do know where to find spare parts for your FIAT, don't you?
Follow another one around and pick up whatever falls off.
I've always liked the ol skool Topolino . They have been in the hot rodding/racing scene since it started way back then.

Originally Posted by CQR
Arian, Sorry to hear about your leak, I fought one all last summer, I have it mostly fixed. Bad engineering, and about as good as it's gonna get.
No doubt and if it is a body seam instead of the back glass then that's another can o' werms Hopefully it's an easy fix for you.

Originally Posted by CQR
Happy Belated singles awareness day. Sorry, I didn't post, but my life of rest and relaxation is nowhere to be found. Mom got out of rehab yesterday and went to stay with my sister until she can hang at home on her own.and dad was moved out of ICU yesterday as well.
Hopefully life as you knew it will be back in order soon. It's good to hear that your parents are recovering well.

Originally Posted by CQR
I found out yesterday that the little heifer twin is most likely sterile. They call her a 'freemartin'. 90% of the heifers twins that have a male twin don't develop right. interesting.
Interesting, I've never heard of that, I'll have to research further into this "Freebird" heifer

Originally Posted by CQR
Well, I have to talk to one of the kids teachers today. She was supposed to watch a movie called 'A Clockwork Orange' for extra credit. We all sat down to watch some lady get brutally raped while her husband was bound and forced to watch. We made it about 10 minutes into it, before shutting it off. I'm really afraid there is no saving our public school system. There were no warnings, parent signatures, permission slips, nothing. Not really sure what to make of it.
I would be furious with the school if this was for any of my youngest two to watch, which are 9 and 14. The public school system around here are top notch in the state, but I wouldn't put anything past them nowadays What I worry about are the most are their peers. These kids aren't raised the way they should be, but hopefully I've done my job by teaching them all I could to be conscious and upstanding individuals.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
My Super Model went shop'in fer Valetine's Day but I got dropped off at Day care.
That's funny right there

Originally Posted by Olds65
Udo that booger at the bottom of the page looks pretty nappy right there
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A little late this morning - my computer has been installing updates and running slow. Anyhow, it's a cloudy gray day here. Temps in the 30's right now, supposed to hit 40 and have rain. The snow is melting - again!

Steve is out the rest of the week making sales calls in PA, so it's nice! Keeps me a little busier, which I like!! Yesterday sure was a busy day. A lot of sales for Clay and busy phones. It went fast.

We had a nice dinner last night at D'Angelos. I enjoyed my lasagna and salad. I was stuffed to the point of being miserable. Larry had sketti and wasn't nuts about it - which I knew he wouldn't be, lol. No steak and baked taters there!! He got me a dozen of red roses and some chocolates and scratch off tickets. I only won $2. He won $5 from the ones I got him.

My Teepo clock arrived from BigJerr too! It's so neat!! Green neon, lol! It's battery operated, but if you want the neon on, it has a plug you connect and plug in. I love it!

Udo.... that is a very colorful picture, lol! Kind of a Mardi Gras thing??

Clint..... I'm anxious to hear what the teacher has to say!!! That's really upsetting. Why on earth would anyone want kids to watch something like that? I don't like to see things like that, or hear about them myself! That's an interesting thing about the calves. I never heard that before. The things we learn on CO, lol! Good to hear the folks are improving.

Jamesbo..... I love that sign, lol!

Scot.... Sounds like you had a good evening!

Did Blue survive Valentine's Day or not......... ?

Have a great day all!
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

I survived Sandy, a little tired because I was out past my 8:00 bedtime and didn't take a nap beforehand.

A Clockwork Orange was rated X when it came out, which not many movies except the porno type were rated at back then, and is one of the most disgusting movies ever made IMO.
One member here has the lead character's pic as his avatar and his screen name has to do with the movie too.
I called him out on it a couple of times with no response.

I'm going out to the garage to crawl under the car and scrape grease off the differential to calm myself down.

Later, Allan
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Ah ha ha Clint, the Fiat so far has proven to be an excellent little car. It was inexpensive to buy, ridiculously cheap to operate, and it's a hoot to drive. And it's partially domestic because Chrysler is part of their group. Okay, you can start laughing again.

Jamesbo hope you enjoyed the newsletters. I've owned my car for 17+ years and been a member of the club longer. I've been in charge for two years and looks like it might be another 2 years, we'll see.

Udo I think I will suggest the management at my job wear that as their new uniforms.

Not much going to happen today. Work tonight, so I'm taking it easy this afternoon. It's a really nice day for a change, but I don't think that will last long.

Everyone enjoy yourselfs!

Mike
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Well Udo, I am concerned that everyone in Germany looks and dresses alike...and that I'm German, I will wake up one morning and see that in the mirror!
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM

First rule at the Mardi Gras : Don´t look in a mirror before Tuesday..
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Olds65
First rule at the Mardi Gras : Don´t look in a mirror before Tuesday..

Now that picture makes sense Udo
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:50 AM

Good Afternoon everyone.

Another day above freezing here with no precipitation.

Asking students to watch a rated X movie? It would be interesting to hear the reason for it.

We we're shown a rated R (I think) movie in highschool once. I am pretty sure it was accidental, but the teacher should have suspected something when the credits for MacBeth listed Playboy Productions

Udo, interesting picture.

CQR, I used to be in a 10-pin bowling league when I was a kid until a high-tech company bought the building to convert to offices I hadn't bowled for like 10 years until I joined a league a few years ago.
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM

Street-Party last year.... Crazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b21ew...eature=related

Udo
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:09 PM

So, when the good morning thread gets to page 93, what happens? It appears that 92 pages is the limit.
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All!

Raining here all day it looks like. Well at least its warmer

Yesterday I went down to the USPS here in Perry and talked briefly with the postmaster there, because they had a job listing. Well he was a really nice guy and said he'd hire me on the spot but I have to take the "correct avenues" since I was already employed at the Warner Robins USPS. So I applied for that job online when I got home. Hopefully I get it (fingers crossed) Lots of reasons why this is a good move for me......

Well it's Thursday, my Sunday. Yall have a great day

Scot
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:05 AM
CQR

Looks like a good time Udo. Doesn't even look too cold. Not real sure about the dude in the yellow skirt tho. He looks a little too comfortable.

Good luck on the job Scot.

3155, Whatever do you mean?

Paul, Got bowling tonite, seems like the only night I leave the old man to rot in the Hospital. They are saying he is going home tomorrow, so, we'll see.

I think I'm gonna take the Chevy to work today. I may just have to free up the exhaust flow. They are visually checking for converters on the diesels now during the emission tests. They only have to be there, they don't have to be operational

A kid that works for me had been signed up for the 'Race to the clouds', but backed out. they are using some 115% rule for qualifying this year which will knock him out of contention anyhow. So he's trying to talk me into racing my TRX250R in the local hill climb series. I haven't started the thing in several years.

Have a great Thursday all!
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Warmer and wet but de rain is blow'in outa ere as we speak.

Scot, WTF does "Take de correct Avenues" mean to the USPS, Ya have to get lost for 2 weeks like a letter mailed across de street.

Mike, Suwanee/Sugar Hill what's de diff? Sorry, I messed up.

Glad we gots anutter Gawga Boy on ere. [kbdecatur]

Sandy,Remember de guy I met who werked at the Ferrari Place in Roswell? What ever happened to him. Haven't seen him on CO in ages. Maybe I need to drop by and pic up an ole beat up Testarosa.

Speak'in of ole X movies, I always get 'em mixed up. Clock werk Orange and Last Tango in Paris.

Funny de last pitcher show my dear depart mother wnet to was Irma La Deuce. She was so discusted by it she quit walk-ins fer de rest of her life. Course she's also de one who teached me to say, " I was reared" [not raised] in Atlanta. Different generation I recon.

Anyone remember how many pages de ole Good mawn'in thread was til it shot off into cyber space.

Page 93 ere we come.

Oh yeah,, I forgot to show y'all what I made de Super model on VD day.