The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
.....Happy belated BD Jamesbo!

Ken.... isn't your birthday today??? Happy Birthday, if it is!!!!
Thanks Sandy. Technically I suppose it is. I wasn't going to count this year (55), but I suppose I should, for health reasons. They say the more birthday's you have, the longer you live.
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:47 AM
CQR

Belated HFB Ken Hope it was better than you expected.

Morning everyone. Well after about 5-6" of really fluffy snow. It's gonna be a wet drippy day.
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Cloudy and cooler today with a wind advisory to top it off. Still better than single digit temps and the s word

I received some great news relating to my off topic coupe yesterday, I'll shed more light on the subject only if it becomes a definite "go"

Happy Belated Berfday Ken!!

Yall have a great Thursday

Scot
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Dank and spose to get nippy later

Well, well, Ken I remember when de 'double nickles" past me by.

Congrats on anutter vertical year.

Scot, When I gets on de Alpharetta Autobahm, I jes do like everyone else. Put de peddle to de metal, shut my eyes and Hang on.

Yesterday, I had to stop at de Awful house an get me a couple of sausage patties and a big ole bowl of grits. I likes to chop up de sausage and toss it into my grits bowl an add a big glob of butter.Yummy

Sandy, dat means you and your house is de same age, Right? How are your "High Traffic" areas hold'in up?

Friday is jes 'round de corner.
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's rainy here but 44 degrees right now. Supposed to get colder as the day goes on, and get really windy tonight so the snow we're gonna get is gonna be blowing and drifting. I don't think we're gonna get that much snow, depends on if the lake effect kicks in. Any snow is too much snow for me, lol!! Gonna be really cold tomorrow and on, though. Overnight lows in the teens.

Another quiet boring morning in here. I'm leaving around 1:30 for the allergist and the oral surgeon, so I can't wait!!! Lord I hope it doesn't cost over $1000 to get Nicoles teeth out. Hopefully not that much, but I'm not holding my breath..... Back when I was in my 20's and had my wisdoms out, it was $75 a tooth and that was being put to sleep and all that. Oh, the good old days...

Boy gas shot up to $3.59/gal. yesterday all around here! No reason for it. I filled Tincanio up for $3.38 the other day, and thought that was bad!

Jamesbo..... I'm like Teepo..... when I hit 40, my seals started leaking too, rubber is getting dried and cracking, interior is fading, things start creaking..... it's hell getting old! But we still got it, lol! Just can't remember where we put it!

Well have a great day all!

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 12th, 2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, When I gets on de Alpharetta Autobahm, I jes do like everyone else. Put de peddle to de metal, shut my eyes and Hang on.
Yup that is about all you can do beside getting runned over
Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Sandy, dat means you and your house is de same age, Right? How are your "High Traffic" areas hold'in up?

Friday is jes 'round de corner.
I know what she's gonna say your being again
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:21 AM

Thanks everyone, for the BD wishes. Just another day, these days. So, I got a PVR from my cable company and have been recording shows like they're going out of style. Lots of History and Discovery Channel in full HD. Right now the machine is 68% full and I'm trying to catch up. It's kinda cool that every show I'm watching lately is what I wanted to see.

I'll watch a lot of TV in winter, but summer....I'm always out. Told my cable co. that I didn't want to pay for the Personal Video Recorder/High Definition box ($250) or monthly rental ($5) and they obliged. They also increased my internet speed to 3x faster AND lowered my monthly bill for TV, Phone and internet by $45 a month. All I did was ask. It pays to be a squeeky wheel sometimes. Have a good day all.
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

My weather report is the same as Jamesbo's and Scot's.

Ken you have the golden touch. They knew it was your birthday so that's their present to you. Not bad.

Work wasn't bad after being off over a week. Now if the next two are as good I'll be in good shape, except of course for the wind and the temps in the 20s.

Jamesbo you can never go wrong with the Awful house. I'd stop there on the way home from work but I'd be there all morning, and wouldn't get any sleep. So I go on my days off. Good stuff.

Time for bed. I hope the dogs let me sleep more than 45 minutes in a row.

Mike
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:02 AM
CQR

Happy Friday everyone. Gonna do some more melting today and this weekend. Supposed to be windy tho . My Average went up 3 points with last weeks series, and I bowled 20 pins above my average last night.

Gonna be a busy weekend, the kid is showing in the National western Stock show next week. Need to get all their poop in a group. Haven't been to a horse show since last summer

I'm thinkin it'll be nice enough to get the 442 out and the AA for pic's. I have a few parts I need to put on the car. Maybe I can get it washed up so I can put the cover on her.

Have a great weekend!
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:21 AM

Mawn'in all

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from de not so sunny south.

Scot, Did cha notice how I dodged dat bullet from Sandy? She's mellowed alot.

De cold weather sho makes me hungry but I gotta stop eat'in eggs and sausage every mawn'in. Gotta get back on de Nova fer my omega 3

Sandy, Jes how many mo days of winter do we have. I wanta start a count down.

Yep, Gett'in old ain't alot of fun.

My Doctor gave me a book "How to live to be 100." I tossed it in de trash. I mean like WTH wants to live dat long. My only regret is I thougt by now, I might have ammounted to sum'em.

But...........alas, It ain't a gonna happen.

GTG fix me sum chow

TGIF
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from snowy Ohio also!! It's a whopping 16 degrees out there, and the snow started last night around 7 ish, and is still going!! It's coming in squalls, and the wind is blowing pretty good so it's getting blown around everywhere!! Pretty sloppy driving early this morning. We only have about 3 inches, but with it blowing, it's pretty dangerous. We're under the storm watch until 3:00 this afternoon.

Jamesbo..... I heard Hotlanta was getting some snow and cold temps too. I do believe that we have "too many days" left of winter, lol! With us getting the snow this late in the season, it will probably last into April this year!! I don't know.

Well the allergy doctor didn't do any tests on me yesterday. I just mostly filled out paperwork and answered questions. I have to go back next week on the 19th and they will do testing.

It's gonna cost me $1140.00 to get Nicole's wisdom teeth out!!!!!! The price of getting put to sleep was $500.00. Then three hundred something for the tooth that isn't down yet, and two hundred something for the tooth that is down and digging into her cheek. He gave her a prescription for an antibiotic to start taking. She will get them out on the 24th at 8 am. I'm gonna take a sick day, and I plan on taking her to the house afterwards, so I'll have to prepare Larry.

Steve is off today. He went to Detroit to his son's house for the weekend. So I will stay a little bit busier today checking his emails and such. I like busy!

Jamesbo.... I love that pic, lol!!!! You shi*, you!!!

Well you all have a good Friday the 13th, and stay safe out there!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 13th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Always room for one more

Heck Sandy I didn't ever realize it was Friday the 13th until you said something!

Howdy everyone!

Had to stay rather late at work this morning, which I dont' like. Work wasn't so bad but long. Tonight is my Friday so hopefully the weekend will be nice enough I can get out and do some things.

Jamesbo if you need health food go to the Awful house. How can anything that good be bad for you?

Have a good time at the horse show, Clint. You know I was named after a horse. My Mom hates when I tell people that.

Okay off to nighty night land for a little while. Hope everyone has a good day.

Mike
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All ( Made it just in time)

Brrrrrrrr is right the wind is terrible. At least the sun is out now though.

Jamesbo I noticed that too....

Sandy I've got a bottle o bourbon and and pair of wire pliers if'n ya want to save a little dough. The anesthesiologist (big word I know ) charges just as much as the doctors, dentists and lawyers now Jeez Louise what happened to regulation?????

Welp I guess I need to get busy with my errands and such.

Yall have a great Friday afternoon and a safe weekend.

Scot
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good Morning everyone.

I'm first today because I got out of work ridiculously early. Hey, after freezing my backside all night I'm glad to catch a break.

Going to look at a Cutlass convertible this afternoon. Jamesbo it's up close to you, sort of. I've been looking for months for the right car. I thought I had given up until yesterday. We'll see.

I hope things warm up a little this weekend. I have tons of yardwork to do, and, since the lake is down I need to jump over the wall and clean up around the dock a little. I need a 10-year-old.

Well, I just finished off a big bowl of Lucky Charms, so now I'll sleep a little and then get ready to head to Buford. Hope everyone has a great day.

Mike
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Cold ere dis mawn'in.

Mike, Oddly enough a high school buddy of mine called me yesterday an ax me how much is 70 Cutlass drop top was worth. He's spose to send me sum pics but I haven't gotten dem yet. I HAVE NEVER SEEB DE CAR AND KNOW NUTT'IN 'BOUT IT.

PM me if cha want his phone #

When I went to de stow yesterday de didn't have any decent Nova, so I bought sum Turkey sausage. [Try'in to be mo healthier] It taste like crap.

Jes goes to sho ya. "If it taste good spit it out............It'll kill ya."

I ere de Awful House calling.

"When I'm call'in Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu"
[Reminds me of Nelson Eddy an Jeanette MacDonald]

Sorry, I think I jes dated myself.
Old January 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM

"W
hen I'm call'in Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu"
[Reminds me of Nelson Eddy an Jeanette MacDonald]

Sorry, I think I jes dated myself.
Well, yes, as my parents listened to them in the mid-late '60's! Canadian I believe.
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Good morning all

cool with rain that is supposed to turn to snow this evening, maybe get a couple on inches as we live in a convergence zone. Wifey is gone quilting for the weekend so I took myself out to breakfast and had eggs, homefrys and biscuits with sausage gravy, man was it great. I am a confirmed believer eat what you like just do smaller portions then splurge once and a while and pig out. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Now I am gonna go make some chicken chili for dinner. Have a great day all
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was cold and snowy here today. A high of 22!! Had several snow squalls, but no accumulation. Took some pics of the cardinals this morning and my woodpeckers out eating the suet, lol. I'll have to download the pics and post them. I haven't seen the cardinals much this winter - probably cause the feeders have been empty cause the damned deer come and eat the seed! I just enjoy watching the birds in the morning.

Went out to see Nicole in Streetsultucky - as Blue would call it, lol. It's a nice apartment Charlie has there. Grand dog was happy to see me! I didn't stay long.

Didn't do much the rest of the day. We went shopping and out to eat at Panini's this evening. Well I reckon I'll talk to ya tomorrow!!
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM

According to the weatherman, we got 10" of the white stuff, but not bad to drive in as there was no wind to go with it. Went from 50* on Thursday to 19* tonight.
Old January 15th, 2012, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear and cold. I hate cold.

Mike, Sorry de Cutlass drop top won't werkie fer ya. If ya went to Sugar Hill ya jes 'bout had to get on de Alpharetta Autobahn.

Next time give me a shout and we can meet at a Awful House up ere. I'd like to shake your hand.

Ta'int much happen'in dis mawn'in. Y'all are gonna have to dine on the drama of sum one elses life today.

Fer you young whipper snappers who were still "Swim'in 'round" when Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald sang " Indian Love call" in de classic movie "Rose-Marie."

Cha might remember de movie "War of the Worlds" where de same song [sung by Slim Whitman] ran off de Martians.

De Yodel'in kilt dem dead as a hammer.
Old January 15th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Always room for one more

Hey Kids What time is it?

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo you're on. As it turned out I was late getting up to Sugar Hill, got lost anyway and met the guy at the Mall of Georgia. What a nightmare that traffic is. Headed home and stopped in to see a friend of mine and we ended up talking all evening. I haven't ruled out this car completely; if he still has it in a week or so I may go back up there. Not a bad looking car, but not nice enough for what he wants for it, in my opinion.

So speaking of the Awful house, that's where I'm heading. After that it will be off to Walmart for some groceries, so I don't have to keep going to Awful house, and then clean up the lake bed near my wall. Should be a good day.

Oh, and the weather here on the south side of Atlanta is cold and clear. It's 39* on the back porch. Sunny and blue sky(smiling at me).

Mike
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A beautiful sunshine filled morning here too, but only 16 degrees! Have I ever mentioned that I hate winter, snow, and cold lol?? It is nice to see the sun, even if it is cold.

Don't have much planned for today. House cleaning and laundry I reckon. I'll bundle up later and go out and fill the bird feeders. Ought to see all the friggin deer tracks in the back yard under the feeders..... I might make some of Jamesbo's Tomato Hamburger Soup today. It's a good soup day.

Jamesbo..... Slim Whitman and that yodelin........ OMG!!!!! I used to cringe when I heard him, lol. Just horrible......

Well thought I'd post some bird pics I took yesterday morning! I love my birds!! A splash of color in this ugly gray winter time. You all have a great day!!

I love the big red headed pecker, lol! He's here year round.

Attachment 178591

Attachment 178592

And my cardinals.... they came up to the feeder right at the kitchen window!

Attachment 178593

The female cardinal sharing the sun flower seeds with the Goldfinch.

Attachment 178594

And the male sharing too!

Attachment 178595
Old January 15th, 2012, 07:46 AM

Sandy,

I can't watch, It make me tooooooo cold
Old January 15th, 2012, 08:25 AM

Cha might remember de movie "War of the Worlds" where de same song [sung by Slim Whitman] ran off de Martians.
I thought thatIi was the only one who got that in that movie...When Mars Attacks, that was a hoot!
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM

Woke up to about 3" of snow on the ground and its been showing off and one all morning here in this NW corner of Washington. Garage is to cold to work in so I am ordering more parts for the 48 as I have replenished the car building account. Sure glad I got the 57 out last weekend sure was nice to here the big 455 purr.

No complaining Sandy the glass is half full not half empty. Can almost smell the spring flowers. Besides at my age time passes to fast as it is to wish for the next summer. Point to remember is that if you lucky in your lifetime you will only see 90 or so springs, summers, falls, and winters so cherish them all So enjoy watching the birds at the feeders.

Jamsbo seen any bears lately, I suppose you have the wood stove burning and there is always a nice fire side libation to ease the winter blues.

Just think the Aussies are in their hot winter months by now so we can enjoy there cruising pictures and stories.

Have a great Sunday all and smile, smile, smile
Old January 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Well I got my house cleanin and laundry done today. Went over to the shop with Larry and checked out the new counter he's making in the front lobby where all those little tiny offices were that he ripped out. Then we went to Lowes and Home depot looking at different laminates for the countertop and different carpets and such. There went a few hours, lol.

Got home and made Jamesbo's tomato hamburger soup...... delicious! While it was cookin I got my cleaning done, filled the deer - I mean - bird feeders, and made some blueberry muffins. Finally sat down at 7:30. I'm done for the day.

Back to work tomorrow. God it's been soooo boring in there. Bellacino's is having another get together tomorrow night for the cruisers, so I'm sure I'll go and see my friends!

Have a great evening all. Talk to ya tomorrow!
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:57 AM
CQR

Good morning all. Another work week. Well the new guy starts today, I have lots of part running to do. the wife and kid have to get the horses settled in at the event center today for the show tomorrow. The weekend just wasn't long enough Or nice enough, I was able to get the Xmas lights off the house, but it was supposed to be 60+ and I was gonna wash the olds. That didn't happen. Oh, well.

Have a great day all.
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and crisp here - in the 20's now but heading towards 40 and rain later on. It's nice and sunny right now. This is gonna be a weird weather week around here, 40's, 20's, 50's.... I don't remember a January like this one.

Nothing going on in here. It's quiet. Gonna be a long one. Looking forward to Bellacinos later tonight!

Have a good Monday all!
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Chilie but spose to warm up dis afternoon.

Happy MLK Day

BUT the frigg'in golf course is packed wit all de sorry a$$ Bankers et al.

Zo, Once again, no smack'in whitey 'round fer dis poor Cracker.

Sorry CO don't have many Slim Whitman fans probably don't care much fer alot of my favorites.

Know Sandy don't care much fer Randy Newman's "Short People"

Sandy, Tanks fer de pretty pics, I like de "Big Red headed Pecker " de best. Tit mice are pretty also.

Mike, De reason ya got lost is cause ya didn't take de Alpharetta Autobauhn to Sugar Hill. Next time give me a shout an I'll learn ya how to gets thar.

Pat, Red Dog took out after one a few weeks back but de only Bears, I've see lately have been rather horizonal. My buds in de mountains hate dem more dan Sandy hates deer. De get into everything and tear it up.

Maybe if'in I had a "Gillie" to stoke de fire and bring me sum Libation 24/7 ,I could hybernate thru dis cold weather BUT, I don't so I gots to chop wood, make ice and go to de liquor store jes to get thru it.

Speak'in of food.
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:15 AM

Good Olds Morning to all,
We got about 2 inches of snow on Friday & now come Monday it is all melted. It is so wierd living here in MN this year.? Usually we get snow & it doesn't leave till April. We are suppose to get snow all week, so I am going to hopefully finish assembly of my 69 400 block for Earl this week. Yesterday I put the timing chain, Oil Pump, rear main seal, & Oil pan on. It was a good Tater!! Today I have to go work on this guy's 55 Chevrolet 210 Sedan, the windshield and Back glass leak, & need's more clips put in to hold down the chrome.
Have a good Day Everybody!
Homer

Last edited by Homers Hurst Olds; January 16th, 2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Always room for one more

Got MLK?

Hi everyone.

Jamesbo the directions up to Sugar Hill seemed pretty straight forward, until I found out the guy told me to watch for a sign that didn't exist. I'm not buying his car anyway. What road is the Alpharetta Autobahn?

I'm getting a little peaved at this weather, like Sandy. It's cold, it's warm, it's sunny, it's raining. I've got a Corvette that got a rather expensive paint job a couple years ago and it's starting to come apart. I need to take it back to the shop in Marietta, but I'm not taking it if it's going to rain. Why can't the weather cooperate with my days off?

Clint I looked at the pictures on your photobucket. Your car is beautiful. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree looking for a 70. Being a 67 model myself, how cool would it be to find a car built on the day I was born? Besides that a junkyard near me has a pretty complete 67 four door that looks like it could start up and drive out. Hm.

Well time to run some errands. I realized when I got up this morning that I can't go to the post office or the credit onion because they will be closed. That's okay, more time to play with the dogs today. Have a good one everybody!

Mike
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Mike,

I thought everyone knew dat Ga 400 was de "Alpharetta Autobauhn" Fer only 50 cents ya get to drive 125 mph in bumper to bumer traffic. Dat is of course provid'in sum one don't drop thar gum and reach down to pick it up of de carpet. Den it becomes a 200 car pile up an ya get to sit fer 3/4 hours.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:47 AM

Have about 4" of snow on the ground. It froze last night and the hi-ways are a nightmare with ice. Sure glad I work from home. Supposed to get a storm on Tuesday night that will dump 6" on what we already have overnight. People here do not know how to drive in the snow so again I'll not be going anywhere. I'll hit the grocery store and liquor store this afternoon and stock up.

Jamsbo, LMAO on the McDonald thing.

Sandy,

The bird pictures were great. We have lots of bird feeders and lots of birds but none of them have the brilliant colors that your part of the country does. Our brightest bird is the palliated wood pecker. We have a mated pair that have been on our property for about 5 years now.

Have a great day all
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:57 AM

Sandy - love those bird pictures! We have a couple pairs of resident cardinals who visit the feeder and hang out in the bushes. Lots of new grey birds with black heads chow there, too - not sure what they are yet.

Resident red-tailed hawk helps keep the mouse, dove, and mockingbird population controlled - I welcome him, despite the messes he makes.

I am proud to say I won the war against the squirrels getting in the feeder.
Stage 1 was to electrify the pole. 1.3kV knocks them off just as well as a broom. They seem to learn, too!

Stage 2 was the steel top hat to keep them from landing on it after jumping from branches 5' up. They bounce off instead. That was the real purpose of the anti-MAW helmet...

I enjoy the tales of the snow as well. Not sure if we will get any this year... Hope so!
Today will be about 72* and lots of 75* days this coming weekend. Time to get out and cruise!
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Always room for one more

Ah, Jamesbo, I took I-85. In my experience it doesn't matter what highway one is driving on in Atlanta, all the traffic is wacked.

Just got home from getting Krystals for lunch. They're okay, not as good as White Castle. Who's idea was it to put mustard on them? I should have stuck with Awful house.

Mike
Old January 16th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

I knew you'd like the pics, Rob! I'm glad you're winning the war of the squirrels, lol! I've noticed a lot of little grey birds with black heads also here lately. I believe they're some kind of a chickadee. Not the black capped Chickadee though. They have some white on them. They're pretty little things.

Well it's up to 42 degrees out here at lunch time. I enjoyed it! It's clouding up, so the rain isn't far away. Had my left over tomato hamburger soup for lunch.... delicious!

Where's Paul been?? Haven't heard from him lately??
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM

New Windshield eh?

[QUOTE=442much;357245]Thanks for all the sympathy. Replaced the windshield yesterday and it looks like I'm driving without one . It's so frickin' clean!

It is SO nice to have a new windshield in any car or truck,& I love to hear the customer's say that after I get done installing the new windshield. I have been installing Auto Glass for 17 years now, & never get tired of hearing that.

Enjoy your cruising with your new windshield]
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:38 PM

[QUOTE=Homers Hurst Olds;359943]
Originally Posted by 442much
Thanks for all the sympathy. Replaced the windshield yesterday and it looks like I'm driving without one . It's so frickin' clean!

It is SO nice to have a new windshield in any car or truck,& I love to hear the customer's say that after I get done installing the new windshield. I have been installing Auto Glass for 17 years now, & never get tired of hearing that.

Enjoy your cruising with your new windshield]

Thanks. No cracks so far! Here in Alberta they use sand and gravel more than salt. The cars last longer but the windshields probably have a lifespan measured in months.

Well winter finally caught up to us. After setting records of the warmest December and beginning of January, we've now broken records for cold. Friday the 13th was 10C (50F) Today was -30C with a windchill of -40C (-40F). Better plug the car in tonight. Very little snow though. Just a few more months....
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM
CQR

Good evening.

Well the new guy did ok today. He's from R.I. so he talks funny. I guess we'll have to get used to that.

Mike, Thank you sir. That would be neat to get a car Thats exactly the same age as you. When I was a young know-nothing punk I owned a 71 442(I think a clone) that may have fit that bill for me, but I never checked into things like that back then. If you are looking for a project there is a 70 w-30 on e-bay here locally, I would be more than happy to go do a look over for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...item1c22b7370f

Sandy and Rob, I like your bird/feeder pics. We don't ever get any Cardinals here. such pretty birds. It's good to have some birds around again. They are slowing coming back. The west nile sure killed a lot of them off. There were a few years we'd have a couple Robins, a few Mourning doves, and a few black caps and that would be it for the year One year we threw away a lot of generic Pheasants. they were laying dead all over. I never liked Magpies much but they sure musta ate a lot of skeeters.

Ken, Glad you're likin the new glass. I carry full class on my insurance and pick up a new windshield at least every other year. There is a lot of gravel hauling and they do use some sand around here, so if we're lucky we'll get more than a year out of the windshield.

Homer, Sounds like we traded places with you. I still have snow in the backyard from November. That's not natural , I'd be happy to switch back. It would be nice to care the car for a spin.

Wishing you all a great night.
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Afternoon everybody, it is finally raining here. Been very hot for the last couple of weeks so it is nice for a change

The last week has been quite busy for me. Went for a drive to see my grandparents and straight back to work when I got home

The car went really well with the drive down to see them. Took about 3 hours each way as they had road work on the range so nice and slow up on the way there and slow down on the way back. Car got to just over 205 going up the range there but dropped back to 180 within a mile coming back down again so I think it is safe to say the heat problem is well and truly fixed The day was also close to 95 The timing curve needs a little adjustment but other then that I am happy with the who thing.

Clint the weather here is very humid and also we have dry heat too. Best of both worlds lol. Out bush it depends on where you go, some places have the sand with dunes and others have the dirt but there is scattered brush in both if there is a creek, river or even underground water. If a big storm comes along the you will get some stuff greening up for a few days then they are burnt again by that lovely bright circle in the sky. It takes more then a single storm to get some green back into your yard, like a week of rain.

I am liking the pics of your back yard there Sandy I'll swap ya hehehe

Happy belated Birthday Ken, hope you had a good one

I like your style Rob when it comes to fixing your pest problems. Fry them first and if that don't work make them a slide from the roof

Have a great day everyone

Adrian