The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Reporting from Big D. Got talking on the phone this afternoon and lost track of time. Eh, waiting on a guy so I've got a few minutes.

Oh and said guy just walked through the door. See ya. Off to work. Two more.
Old June 28th, 2018, 05:46 AM

Mawn'in

Thunder boomers this mawn'in

Shoulda played yesterday but...............

Mike, you're braver than moi, I wouldn't fly into Dallas for nothing. I understand they sometime abandon the tower because of wind sheers

Allan, It's 100 yeards to my next door neighbor and I like it fine

Speaking of eating. I'm enjoying the last of a smoked Boston Butt

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 28th, 2018, 05:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

What to do, what to do. Might have to do what Jim does best or second best... and that isn't weed whackin
Old June 28th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I tried something interesting today on my coveralls. I haven't cleaned them in about a year so they were pretty grimy and oil soaked. I sprayed them liberally with ZEP Citrus Greaser, let them soak for a few minutes and then fired up my Karcher pressure washer. I used the green nozzle and cranked the pressure up to about 1500 psi then washed those suckers as they lay on the driveway. I'm so impressed at how clean they turned out. Better than when I put them in the washing machine. I put them over a couple deck chair frames to dry and, Voila!

Stopped in at Casa Depot to see about some more mulch to put under my Junipers. I got the same smoking deal I got last time. 65% off because the bags had been opened and lost a bit of product. Still, for $1.25 for 42 Liters of cedar mulch, that's a great deal. I already put the mulch into the juniper bed (4 junipers) and it topped up the fill level to just an inch below the frame. Found out that when we got home, the cashier had forgotten to charge us for the flowers we bought too. So all told it cost me a whopping $9.85 tax in for my loot. Normally Scotts premium cedar mulch goes for $4.27/bag up here.

Lot of small things got done today and I'm feeling beat. Just finished supper, grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in a nice lemony sauce. My Mrs bought it at the store when we were shopping today. Mebbe watch a footyball game shortly if I don't fall asleep first.

Hey Jim, Y'all notice there's bin a failure ta post from sum of our compadres???

Mike - the changeover time draws near? You getting excited?
Old June 28th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone, it's 0023. Hit the ground running, as they say, when I got to work and just now caught a break. I'm supposed to be entering paperwork.

Just couldn't get going this afternoon and lollygagged around and left late for work. Jamesbo Big D=Delta. Like where I am now. Lots of rain in the area and there's still planes going in and out. Usually at this time the place is a ghost town. My sister is flying through and has been delayed for hours. I went to see her for a few minutes, it's about the only time I see her anymore.

Yes this is my penultimate day of work. I'm excited but I don't say much because everyone is unhappy and I don't want to seem like I'm rubbing it in their faces. The new shop may not be any better but at least it won't be what I'm doing now. The work isn't bad, but the management is horrible.

Okay back to work. Hope I do better tomorrow afternoon getting going. Tiger doesn't seem to mind either way. Although he seemed to know I needed to get going so he started biting my toes. Good dog.

Good night everyone.
Old June 28th, 2018, 10:28 PM

Hey Jim, Y'all notice there's bin a failure ta post from sum of our compadres???
Does that count as a post?
Old June 29th, 2018, 02:47 AM

Mawn'in

I think the nasty weather has blown out

Speaking of post, In the unlikely event Joe P would join this thread, he'd be way over 30,000 post

Well today, I get to start over doing what I did on Tuesday [mow weed whack] Gotta keep things pretty. It's kinda like painting stadium seats, by the time you get around it's time to do it again. I'm not so sure I like the job security

Got a funeral tomorrow so not headed norte til later in the day

Old June 29th, 2018, 05:02 AM
Some call me, Tim

Happy Friday, all!
Old June 29th, 2018, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

How nice~we got a small rain early this morning. Everything is still wet and the skies are overcast. Temp is hovering around 55° and supposedly there's rain on the way for tonight.

Jim - Ya need ta hire a kid to do the weed whackin and painting so y'all can develop the supervisory role better.

Dan - Yup

I tried some seed and topsoil on the strips along the driveway that seemed to die off over the winter. I think it's the calcium chloride that falls off the cars from the roads in winter. I think the only way to get that area back is to cut in some new sod, so off to Lowes in awhile to get some. Have a good Friday.
Old June 29th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Yesterday was out third 100 degree day this summer. Only supposed to be 98 today. I worked on the 54 in the garage yesterday with my big wall mounted fan and the two ceiling fans going. It was bearable. I finished the installation of the electric fan controller in the Olds. I have it set to come on at 190 degrees automatically. I added a relay to the manual override where it will come on automatically when the AC is turned on and I have a toggle switch where I can turn it on. I will probably adjust the auto feature where it comes on at 180. I am still waiting on the six blade fan from Summit. Seems they are taking their time getting it here. I am going to be working in the garage today. It is a mess and I have to get it straightened up.
Hope all you guys have a good weekend. I have a car show I am going to tomorrow. It will be hot as hell but it is one of my favorite shows. Parking is on main street and you have to get there early to get on the shady side of the street. It is part of the Wylie Bluegrass Festival and I have always done well there. This will be my fourth year there and I always place. The first year I was the Mayors Choice. It is well attended and has a lot of nice spectators. A couple years ago I had a spectacular looking young lady pose by my car but before I could get my phone out she was gone.
Have a good day guys.
Old June 29th, 2018, 09:57 AM

Well, gonna cut the grass, and then gather stuff to take up north tomorrow. I'll start on some ribs later today. Jim, I had an uncle who worked for a painting contractor back in the day, and they painted Ford's River Rouge plant. They started on one end of the plant, and by the time they made it around it back to the the start, it was time re paint it all over again.
Old June 29th, 2018, 10:07 AM

Allan, you're pretty good at decoding cowl tags, were the Canadian built cars the same as for deciphering the paint as U.S. built cars? There's someone asking for a decode, but the paint that he has found on the car doesn't match up to the tag completely. If you have any input, it might be of help here: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...g-vin-tag.html
Old June 29th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan - Let me guess. They painted the building black... and that was just fine with Ford. No new fangled colors.

Glenn - It sounds like your garage is sort of like a convection oven. Good luck at the show, I hope you do well. I bet they sell plenty of cold drinks there on a day like that.
Old June 29th, 2018, 01:12 PM

Allan, You seem to handle neighbors well. How 'bout sum advice

Behind the far corner of the cemetery is a horse barn rented out to a witch from an out of town landlord.

She piles horse manure up around pine trees that eventually die. Last night one of the many dead ones fell across my fence and into the cemetery [it has an 85' buffer from the fence so not very far]

This mawn'in I went up to see her and she wasn't around so I left my card with a very polite young lady and axed her to have her call me. Haven't hear squat

The city says, "It's a private matter" and won't do anything

I know from a few friends [hay sales and equipment repair] she doesn't pay her bills and is a giant PITA

I'm trying to locate the land owner/landlord [maybe Monday before that happens]

There are at least 6 dead trees that will eventually fall, [Hopefully at least one will crush and few horses but with my luck, I'm going to have to cut them up and haul them off. I can chain the larger pieces to my tractor and snake them out.

I'm seriously considering returning the recent fallen dead tree to her [driveway to be exact]

Do you think returning a dead tree to block her drive will get the point across confused:
Old June 29th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Been running late all week, and tonight is no exception. I had to go to the Credit Union and the person I was talking to is so sweet, and tells me her life story every minute of it. I was there three hours. I didn't want to go today but figured I might as well, since I'm not going to have Mondays off anymore. Eh, business is attended to and I'm home, if not for just a little while.

Not sure what tonight will entail. Some leads will say, oh it's your last day just go on. Some leads will say, oh it's your last day I'm going to put the screws to you. It could go either way. The important thing is, IT'S MY LAST DAY!! My new gig might not be better but it will be different.

Jamesbo I think the tree on the drive would be lost on her. She'd be looking around thinking, where'd that come from? Now, if it were accompanied by some of the aforementioned manure...

Okay gonna quick get ready and head out. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old June 30th, 2018, 12:52 AM
Always room for one more

Ah, a quarter to four. I got to work tonight and my name wasn't on the sign in sheet. I was listed as "other, last day." So I penciled my name in so I was sure to get paid. The lead came out and said, I didn't know you were going to be here tonight. I should have said, okay I'll leave, but instead I said I'd ride with my buddy. Well, after that the lead was afraid to let me go, finally saying, go ahead but don't let anyone see you. I don't know why, no managers on Friday night. Eh, I'm done with that place.

So I'll sleep a little while then get up and call the trailer place up in Ohio. This is the place that was supposed to call me when they got the trailer that I wanted in and then never called. We'll see how I do this time. Unbelievably, this is still a better deal buying this trailer and going to get it in Ohio than anything I can get around here.

Well Tiger is now full of energy, so we'll see how easy it is to get to bed. He's already been sleeping all night, he's ready to go.

Catch up with everyone later on.
Old June 30th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Slept like a log last night. First time in a long while so I guess I really needed it. My back still feels a little stiff but I think I can safely say the worst is over and things will get back to normal shortly.

What a beautimus morning! Clear blue sky, gentle breeze and 45°. I'm watering the back yard even though the forecast is for rain later. I'd hate to see the beautiful green grass start to look brown. Far as I know my grass is the healthiest and greenest in the cul de sac. I guess for me that's one of the nice things about retirement. Better than any fairway on a golf course and no divets

Jim - I hear ya. The sad truth of de matter is they're right. It's a private matter betwixt you and the renter/property owner. What's on their side is theirs but anything that falls on your side belongs to you. I spose ya could just push de dead fall over onto their property and be done with it. But what I'm hearing is the witch is causing de trees to die and potential deadfall. Mebbe the one recourse y'all have would be to complain to the city about the proximity she's piling the manure to your property and cemetary. They might side with you and order her to move it. Neighbors like that though aren't likely to care 2 hoots and won't comply anyway. I'm so sorry you have that problem; and I'm not sure blocking her driveway with the dead tree to make a point will do anything either. Wait for the phone call, or try again to speak to her. Take a spare broom in case she's home and if she's nasty, tell her that's a peace offering - a new ride.

Mike - Congratulations! Last shift done and done. Must feel good. It's hard to believe a trailer place wouldn't want to sell a trailer. We have about 6 custom trailer shops around this city and they would kill for your business and deliver you a top notch trailer in less than a month.

Dan - That 68 PNT code is a bit perplexing. The last letter is the kicker. I think it could be wheel color, but it's really unusual to have the wheel color different from the lower body on the 442 with dog dish hub caps. The yellow it's sporting now really doesn't suit that car IMO. Have a safe trip north.

Glenn - Have a great time at the car show. I hope you get some good pictures.

Looks like Adrian is about finished moving to his new digs. I can only imagine how much fun that was especially since he was working shifts at the same time. Good thing he has mates down under who will lend a hand.

Might head out to Costco later today after the missus wakes and sees how nice it is outside. She hates going out in the wind and the past few days were purty windy. Oh! Surprise surprise, it's a long weekend here and the gas prices have gone down a few cents a liter I'm sure they'll whallop us with a huge price spike shortly. It usually works like that.
Old June 30th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Oil is not friendly to driving here in Canada
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning All:
Mike, congrats on finishing up. I hope the new gig goes well. It is hard to imagine you have to go to Ohio to get a deal on a trailer. Atlanta is not a small town with one dealer.
Jim, bad neighbors are a pain and as unfortunately there is little you can do. The problem is make worse by the fact that the neighbor is a renter. We have a pretty nice neighborhood. There is a house two down from us that is so grown up you can barely see the house. I refer to the owner as the crazy *** old hippy woman. She was a lawyer but I don't think she practices anymore. She never put trash cans out and you never see the lights on in the house. Several years ago I called the city and told them I thought she was dead inside the house. I got a lot of action but no results. They sent three police cars, a firetruck and an ambulance. She wouldn't answer the door until they were about to enter. Thankfully I don't live next door to the goofy b.
Allan, I will get some pictures from the car show. I wish I had half your weather. We had hardly any rain I the month of June and this is the time of year that everything starts to burn up. I do get tired of it. Our lake level is dropping daily. It was 78 when I got up this morning but the high of 99 is in the forecast. It is really too hot for a car show but I am going because this is one of my favorite shows. I am taking my 10x10 canopy in case I am unable to get on the shady side of the street.
Have a good day guys.
Old June 30th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Funny, last night at work I felt like everything was normal. Today, strangely, I feel unemployed. I will really feel like I'm done with that department on Tuesday night, when I'm home and not getting ready to leave as it gets dark.

Slept too late to call the trailer place. It isn't that we don't have trailers in Atlanta, they are just priced way above the ones I like in Ohio. I'll call them Monday.

Glenn hope you enjoy the car show, and get a shady spot. Last time I had a car at the show(Summit cruise in) my car became the leaning post for the guys friends that parked next to me.

Plan on finishing up the fuel pump project I started last week. The cruddy AC brackets are going back on because I don't have a sand blaster and nothing I have will clean them. I'll worry about them next time they are off. It isn't like I could eat off the rest of the engine compartment.

So have a good afternoon and weekend everyone.
Old June 30th, 2018, 11:37 AM

Welp, Had a late funeral today so not going norte. Batching it sooooooooooo it's shrimp Lafayette tonite

HOT HOT HOT Some times I think preachers jes like to hear themselves talk

Mike, What's your new job? BTW NEVER buy a Hooper trailer [just south of you.]They're a real POS. I used to have a Donzi that came with one and the tongue was welded back on 4 times before I trashed it.

Old June 30th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - is that your water taxi??
Old June 30th, 2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Jim - is that your water taxi??
Was sold it and bought "Das Boat" 19' Whaler with a Honda 90. [ file pic not mine]The lake I'm on now doesn't allow any boat with a head and/or gallley
Old June 30th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I have a patch of lawn that seems to need some help. It wants to turn green but it's got that ugly brown under the green if you know what I mean. Worst part is it's on about a 3% slope which isn't the greatest for moisture retention. This mawnin I decided to see if I could help it along (it's not a big secion - only about 12'x20' that's a problem). I have a 3 prong manual aerator. Looks like this:

I started out by trying to stomp it into the turf. Man that turf was tuff! Musta been dried right out under the surface cuz it only had 1/2" plugs coming out. I went over the whole area though which took a fair bit of time. Now I know how Stompin Tom Connors felt after a gig. Then I watered the area for a good 1/2 hour using my hand sprayer so I could focus on the dry area. Next I went at the secion again with the aerator and this time I was able to get the tines in a good 3" and healthy sized cores coming out. Since it appeared to be doing so well, I watered again and used the 'shower' setting. I walked the whole thing and spent sizable time and water getting those holes filled and the ground saturated. I guess the proof will be in the next few days if that section starts showing improvement.

I made a quick trip to Costco and was lucky enough to get out with only spending a Franklin. I was surprised that with our long weekend the store had a lot of people. Lineups at the cash weren't bad though. One of my evil indulgences when I go to Costco is I always get some of their fries. They taste so good. The ones today were even better as they were fresh out of the hot oil.

It tried to rain on the way home. Mebbe I'll wash the Sonata and coat the windshield with some Rain-X. That stuff works incredibly well. Football is on in about an hour so it'll be a nice evening. Very pleasant 72° and a nice breeze so all the windows are open.
Old June 30th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I'll be in the Wheel and Brake shop. Not sure exactly what I'll be doing, running some machine probably. There are grunts who do the heavy and dirty stuff.

I don't think I've heard of a Hooper trailer. They must be on par with Big Tex. The trailer I'm going to get is a Top Hat. The place can't keep them in stock. A friend of mine has one and he loves it.

So I went to get a fuel filter and an oil filter for the Cutlass. The oil filter that's called out for the 350 is some little thing that doesn't look like it even comes close. I guess I'll have to go to NAPA and pay 18 bucks for a Wix. Purolator must be run by a bunch of kooks these days. Why they think this will work is anybody's guess. Years ago they messed with the Corvair oil filter by putting the gasket on the outer edge of the canister. To say it didn't work was an understatement. We were all mad because it was one of the last companies that made that filter. So we all complained and Purolator said okay we just won't make them at all. WTF.

I decided before I put the fuel pump on I should paint the bolt that holds it to the engine. So now I'm on hold while the paint dries. No I'm not watching it. Got a couple little things going in the house, it's beautiful out so I can stay out until sundown.
Old June 30th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike,
Before you go pay through the nose at NAPA, check RockAuto. A WIX filter for your car is only around $4.00. Fuel filter (AC Delco) is only around a buck. Air filter around $6.50. If you're not in a hurry, you can save a bundle getting it from RA. Don't forget there's a dicount code you can apply too. The most current one (copy/paste) is 8589565121199826 Just plug that in the box that says 'How did you hear about us' and it's good for an automatic 5% discount on parts.
Old June 30th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Always room for one more

Okay Allan I'll check it out.

Got the fuel pump on but the new rubber lines are fighting me. Seems the line I bought, even though it's the same ID, is larger OD and my spring clips won't fit over it and the nipple. And then it started raining so I was done. I don't think it matters to me if I actually finish a project, I just like the tinkering. Now, if I do finish that's gravy.

I'm thinking Seinfeld reruns on DVD tonight.
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:59 PM

A long hot day. Made up to my niece's place, but it was too warm for me @ 92°, probably the humidity more than anything. I did a couple of racks of baby back ribs, and they turned out good. My great niece was there with her first born, an 8 month old, and a cute bugger. He never fussed once even in the heat. Kept him in the shade of course, and the women had a small tub of water to splash around in to help keep him cool. Allan, that is strange on that paint code, and I agree, the wheels with the poverty caps are painted the body color. Canadian codes throw me a bit as the info is a little different than the U.S. ones.
Old July 1st, 2018, 03:21 AM

Mawn'in

Still hot in de sunny south

So the other day, I axed a CO member if I could see a pic of a part he had fer sale [rare and expensive] He sends me a PM ax'in me if I was interested. I said "No, all my cars are 69's and it not for my cars, I'd jes like to have a pic" So, He says, " Google it, you'll find plenty of pics" Today his add has been deleted I'm saying he doesn't own it, maybe knows where one is and wants to make a fast buck. ; which is fine by me]Whatcha think

I really don't give a rats a$$, I jes found it curious

The Net gets down right weird sum times. I get e-mails every day from my website from goofballs asking me what's the lowest price I'll take for a cemetery lot Er, the price on the website. Now adays, I don't even reply. Kinda reminds me of when I used to raise cows. Alot of folks thinks it fun to stand out in the middle of a pasture and haggle of the price, NOT me, If I want it I buy it and if I don't, I don't

Like my grandpa used to say, " Sometimes if ya get a bargain, ya get syphilis "

Old July 1st, 2018, 06:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Today is Canada Day up here. You get Independence Day on the 4th. So far a very quiet start to the day. Nice and cool at 48° and nice 5 mph breeze. Spoda rain later, just in time for the fireworks. Not a big deal for me because I don't stay up that late. It doesn't get dark till after 10:00 pm but I'm sure there will be the brave ones who can't miss the sights and will brave the weather.

Jim - was that by any chance an OEM overflow reservoir? Yup, the net is not immune to tire kickers and low ballers. I sell some stuff on the net here. Post the ad with ALL the information and pricing. I also specify that if the ad is there the item is still for sale. Most popular question? Is it still for sale, then crickets chirping after a brief 'yes' reply. It is what it is. Your Grandpa sounds like he had some interesting experiences in life

Dan - Mmmmm, baby back ribs. I thought I smelled something nice wafting on the breeze. 94° is just crazy. I wouldn't be outside in that weather. I wonder how Glenn even survives in TX. It sounds like a good visit with your niece and baby.

Mike - So when does your first shift start at the new gig. I hope it works out for ya. The old job sounded like it was getting to you. At least you won't have to be climbing on top of airplanes to do inspections. I saw a snippet on a show called "How it's Made" and they were showing how aircraft tires were manufactured. Those tires are amazingly tough. I guess they have to be to hold the weight and also the force of acceleration on landing.

Have a good Sunday everybody.
Old July 1st, 2018, 08:54 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone, for the next few minutes.

I really should re-evaluate my Awful house stance. Going there is what gets me going in the morning. Today I got up around 6 for the dog and then went back to bed, until 1030! This just won't do. At the very least I need to find something else to get my sorry butt out the door on my days off.

I sure hope I can get my 4 day fuel pump job done today. Actually in elapsed time it's been over a week. Looks like the skies will open up at any minute, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

New job tomorrow, 6am . Short of the intensely bright shirt I'll be wearing, I don't think it will feel like work, just something different I'm doing on my last day off.

Today is my best friend's birthday. He's a little more than a week younger than me, and all the time growing up that really bugged him. I figured at this point he'd think it was better, but when he called me last week he still made mention. Eh, that extra week or so could have been attributed to different water.

Okay better do something. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old July 1st, 2018, 09:35 AM
Always room for one more

I think I solved my door dinge problem at work.

Old July 1st, 2018, 11:37 AM

Jim, it takes all sorts. We had a guy on C.O. a few years back that would post pics of cars that were for sale to see what kind of bites that he could get on them, except the cars weren't his. He would see them for sale, and would try to see if anyone on this site would make an offer, then he would buy the car to flip to the interested buyer. He was called out on that. Not sure if he is still on here or not. 'Nuther warm one here, not going to do much outside. I'll water the grass later when the sun is a bit lower in the sky.
Old July 1st, 2018, 02:14 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Guys:
Mike, good luck on the fuel pump and the new job. No door dings with the dune buggy. It looks like it has a Corvair engine.
Jim, I guess I would have never thought of trying to bargain on cemetery plot. I am curious if that part might have been an overflow tank for a 72 Cutlass that was priced somewhat on the high side. Sounds like Allan saw the same ad.

Well the car show yesterday was very hot but a good show. I took third place in the convertible class behind a very nice 72 442 convertible and a 66 Super Sport convertible. I have beat both of these cars before so you never know. The judging was by the participants. The guy with the Super Sport bought the car new and has done a frame off restoration. He is a nice guy. I don't know the guy with the 442 but it is a very nice car. It was so dang hot I am not sure I will do it again next year. I have done the show for 5 years and always placed including Mayor's Choice the first year. It is just too hot to be much fun.

I am taking the day off today and staying in the AC. I will probably go get something for dinner later and put it on the grill. Heck I may not even have to light it. Have a good rest of the day guys.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 01:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I even beat Jamesbo up when he has to go to da big city. This might take some getting used to, starting the day when I usually end it.

Didn't do squat yesterday. Sat and did a lot of nothing. It rained off and on all day. Then of course I couldn't get to sleep early when I needed to, so I should be in great shape today.

Ordered some oil filters from Rock Auto. I initially wanted 6, but they were still going to be almost $5 apiece, so I got 12 which made them 3.99. I should be set for awhile. Also ordered some new uniforms, called my buddy, called on that Saturn wagon that's 900. Nope. Hm. So I guess I got something done.

Okay wish me luck. Lots of firsts for me after 24 years. First time in a shop. First time working regular dayshift. First time not touching an airplane.

Have a good day everyone.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 02:35 AM

Mawn'in

Hot but tis Monday so guess what?

Mike, Break a leg.

BTW, I'm gonna keep sum Benadryl on had here and in the mountains. It's spose to be the best thing to give your dog IF he get's bitten by a poisonous snake.

Old July 2nd, 2018, 06:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

It was mostly quiet yesterday although somewhat breezy. I also didn't do a whole lot except trim the yard and give the grass a haircut.

Jim - I guess 45/43 . Benadryl for snake bite? How's dat spoda werk? Wouldn't it be easier jess ta kill mr no shoulders in de first place? I hates snakes. Hope Red or Tiger don't get bit.

Mike - Hopefully the new gig worked out well. Hahaha, you sound like you're stocking up on parts that prolly won't get used for years. Sounds like me. I also do the bulk buys for discounts. You looking at an SW for 900? What was wrong with it? Might have made a good Tigermobile.

Glenn - I'm glad to hear the car show turned out well. Congrats on the place, but it sounds like you'd have liked a better than 3rd place. I'd die in that heat. We have an 'All Olds' show coming up in 3 weeks. Only Oldsmobiles are allowed to enter and usually there are between 50-75 of them. Only drawback is it's held about 125 miles away. Most of the time the weather cooperates and the event gets nice blue skies and warm temps. Oh, that ad I saw for the reservoir? That was just crazy - just the tank with nothing else for huge $$$? I can get an NOS OEM complete from one of the guys on this site for $300. Sometimes I wonder if pricing is too far out of line in some of these restorations. BTW it wasn't the overflow, it was the W27 axle.

Hahahaha, having said that I listed a Kidder XK/1 Water Ski on the net. I included a padded carry case, medium size water ski gloves, and a 'cheater' in the sale and asked $85.00 That's pretty reasonable considering it's a competition ski and shows like new. A few inquiries, but like selling a used car - plenty of tire kickers. So I changed my strategy. I upped the price to $100 and deleted the 'cheater' and gloves from the ad. Now even more people seem to be interested. Go figure.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 08:28 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Mike, good luck today on the new gig. I bet it don't take long until it will seem pretty normal.
Allan, I was fine with the third place finish. Getting a plaque is not that big a deal for me. The 72 442 should be the first place car since it was probably a high dollar frame off restoration. The 66 Super Sport is probably a nicer car but not as flashy as my Olds and not as old. I have talked with the owner at other shows and he is really a nice guy. Do you spend the night when you attend the show that is 125 miles away. That is a long way to drive for a car show. The price of those W27 rear ends is insane.

Well it is going to be 100 here again today. The lake behind me is drying up and everything will start to turn brown due to the heat and lack of rain. This is the time of year it really starts to wear on me. I have lived in Texas since 1979 and have always loved Texas. My tolerance of the heat is a lot less than it used to be. I have to take my wife to the doctor at 1:30 so I won't get much done today. She has a nerve issue like you had Allan that is giving her a fit and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Gotta take care of that sweet woman.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 10:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I just got in from doing an oil change on the Malibu. Holy Hell, whoever put the oil drain plug in and tightened the filter housing cap must have thought the tighter the better. I dang near had to use a breaker bar to get those loose. No call for that kind of insanity. When they tightened down the oil filter cap, I'm sure they came close to stripping the threads, and it's only hard plastic. They didn't bother changing the O ring, as the filter shows no O ring was provided. I always change O rings when I do filters. The old filter coming out looked like it had been crushed in a press, it was so badly twisted. I wonder how it even had filtration. Anywho, the new one is in, and it's topped off with Pennzoil full synthetic 5W30. Lucky that Pennzoil sells their jug in 5L size as that's exactly how much a full change takes. After that it was just a quick matter of resetting the DIC to show 100% Oil Life.

Glenn - When I go to the shows, there is an option to stay overnight and also join in a banquet. I haven't done that though. Usually a 125 mile trip one way is only a couple hours and easy to handle, especially on the Queeny2 where the speed limit is ignored all day long. Look after that sweet bride of yours, if she had what I had she's not enjoying life much. You pampering her will make her feel special and hopefully help with her getting better quickly. Did she go to the show with you yesterday? Those 72 442's (especially the W30's and U codes) are highly underrated IMO. Everyone says the 70/71 are peak but in all honesty the 72 is exactly the same as 71 if it has the 455. Sort of like the big deal with the 70/71 442 vs the 70/71 SX.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 11:58 AM

46/44 not happy

I don't believe Snoppy likes Texas heat