The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2018, 05:40 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Guys:

My wife and I spent a grueling 4 hours at the Social Security Office today. Last year they hiked mine and my wife premium for Part B Medicare by $53/each and charged us $13/each for Part D. This was because of my adjusted gross income in 2016. That is $132/month. Now that I don't hit that threshold where they start increasing the premium, we went to appeal. After sitting there for over 3 hours, we were successful so I guess the time was worth it. After I changed my homeowners insurance and my cable/internet/phone service this was the last thing I had left to change. I think I am going to donate a boat next week and get rid of the storage on it. Then I have a couple of storage units to clean out and that will be about the end of my cost reductions.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:08 AM

Mawn'in

Another beautiful day, Think I might mow some

Please don't get me started on how many Good morning folks are no longer with us

Sandy, Col. , Pat [Citcap]

and how many have chosen to do other things Allan [Blue vista] Scott, John, Jeffery Adrian just to name a few.

Readying the banter between Blue vista, Sandy and col always makes my sides hurt from laughing

Enough nostalgia Day light burning

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 2nd, 2018, 05:09 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Have a few minutes so here's some updates.

The missus hasn't had her surgery yet due to each time the cutting day gets close, she gets a bad infection? under the shoulder they are going to repair. seems only superantibiotics will get rid of it. so they sent her to be tested for MRSA. Well she got the results back yesterday, It's not MRSA, but they didn't test for anything else. I'm getting really tired of the healthcare industry. So her plan is to get whatever this thing is under her arm under control and hopefully get the shoulder repaired this fall.

The MIL and my daughter are having a power struggle. Wait, they have always had that, but now the missus is tired of being in the middle, so we are booting out our mini's and bringing over the kids two nags. So we've been busy converting the corrals and adding onto the barn to accommodate big equines.

Dad's heart valve replacement wasn't textbook. His kidneys were strained and left him in the ICU for about 10 days. got him home and he was starting to show some improvement then his Afib came came real bad. That put him back in the hospital for another week. He's back home, but he's not real strong. And I'm not sure if he's gonna get back to his old self again. Really not sure how much time he has left.

My sister is showing her true self to everyone now. She's been threatening to sue my mother (the person who's home she overtook and remodeled to suit her family). She has drafted what she calls a "Family Settlement agreement" which is nothing more than a one sided list of demands that really caters only to her.

The weather hasn't been too great on the weekends for the past month or so. So working on the house has been coming real slow. But I'm still trying to plug away at it.

My Employee quit 2 Fridays ago. He said he was going to do a career change because being a mechanic was "just too stressful". So he walked with 2 cars torn apart. One being an engine job on a WRX STI that he took apart that I'm trying to puzzle back together.

Otherwise everything else is going great.

Have a Humpday.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 06:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Grilled dogs for supper last night. Added kraut, fried onjuns and other fixins. I could only eat 2. We prefer the all beef dogs and somehow they just taste better grilled than boiled.

Got the lawns done too. Plenty of work to get the dead grass out and then a good buzz cut but it's looking pretty sporty now. I have to still go through the flower beds and clean out some of the winter kill.

Jim - Sad reflections.

Glenn - Good for you! You must have the patience of Jobe to endure that 3 hour wait and bureaucratic bumbling. I hope they apply those benefits back to you immediately so you can find other means to spend it on. Hmmm, ever notice how much of the income goes to groceries?

Clint - I'm sorry to hear about the Peyton Place goings on. I know someone who is going through exactly the same thing and it's not pleasant. You sir, are a champion to step up like you are. Bummer on the employee, I'd think they could at least have finished the job they started before walking though. That's a sad reflection of some workers commitments and a reason why some employers are so skeptical.

Well the ancestry kit is sent, so I guess my ambitions for the criminal life have just been dashed.

Happy humpday. Going to the boneyard later as they have some donors I can use.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 01:32 PM

Clint, you have a lot on your plate, hope it all get taken care of, especially the health of your wife and dad. Jim, yep they cracked us up a few times. Glenn, our government at work, and if we all performed like that at our jobs, we wouldn't have one. That is one thing that I don't look forward to in retirement, is the dealing and fighting with the S.S. aspect of it. Well, my stint on first shift didn't last long, getting bumped back to 2nd starting Monday. That sucks.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Jamesbo having no rain is not a problem as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind mowing but I don't mind not mowing, either.

Clint that's an awful lot to be putting up with. What do you say after all that? I pray you get some peace now and again and it all gets good.

Dan I didn't know you had gone to first shift. Last I remember you had just switched to afternoons. Well, now you can sleep in every day.

Also don't forget Paul, the aforementioned Darrell, Bulldog, Ddbord(whom we are afraid is no more), and there was a guy in Thailand who was here and gone before I got here.

Had our quarterly shindig with the muckity's last night. Two hours of them not having a clue. The GM says, if you have an issue, all my numbers are in the directory call me. He didn't say anything about level jumping, which is a big no-no, and he also admitted to taking safety glasses home with him. So now we can call him when we have petty differences with our leads and take home anything we want. Great.

Okay time for night 2. Did I mention I'm going to Daytona this weekend? A friend of mine's daughter got married on the sly and they're having a party on Saturday. Eh, something to look forward to.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 05:29 PM

Mike, I went to 1st shift 5 weeks ago, I had been on second since 2011, prior to that, It was between 2nd & 3rd shift, which I loathe. We're getting wind whipped rain right now, blew Elsie clean of off the flat rock.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 04:31 AM

Mawn'in

Beautiful day again

I werked so hard yesterday, I may have to sneak off and hit a few *****

Clint, Sorry for all that's on your plate, LBJ once said, "sometimes ya gotta be like a mule in a dust storm and hunker down til it all blows over"

Old May 3rd, 2018, 07:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Absolutely stellar morning here with sunshine and a very pleasant 50°. It's going up to around 70 later on so I'm good with that.

Yesterday when I was cultivating the flower bed with my curved hand tool, I found (shocker!!) a wasp or hornet in the dirt about 3" down that was just waking up. At least I think it was. There was movement from it's legs. Not being a big fan of those critters I smershed it. But I was surprised to see it overwintering in the dirt. Anyone else ever run into that?

I also scored a set of alloy wheels for the Malibu. They came off a 16 Dodge Dart and look like turbine blades. The good thing is they have the right bolt pattern, wheel size, offset, and centerbore. Although the wheel is 7.5" wide instead of 7.0, the offset of 46 compensates for the 7.0/38. I have to drive to Calgary (3 hrs 1 way) to pick them up but the price was worth it. They also have TPMS sensors which I don't need so I'll sell them locally and pick up maybe $80 on the set of 4. The sensors should be good for at least another 8-10 years.

Jim - go smack whitey. It'll prolly make ya feel good. Small or Large bucket?

Also don't forget Udo (the German guy), 1A Tony, Steve. BTW, when I met up with Adrian in January he told me he had sold his 98. Probably one of the reasons he stopped dropping by.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:20 AM

Morning, so much to look through here. didn't expect a thread like this but it caught my eye. I'm still new, so gonna look around. Have a good day everyone!
Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:24 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning All:
I fooled around and never got to post yesterday. I went to my local tax office to get some trailer tags. The close one was closed for remodeling and I had to go to another one that was a little drive. I had some old trailer license that expired in 2013. I was just going to get a new set but they said it would be better to renew these. The only problem was they were in my wifes name and she was not with me. She had to send an email to the tax office authorizing me to renew them. It was not as bad as the social security office. I went for a dermatologist visit this morning. I have a little skin tag and a small growth under my right eyelid. No problem with them. They are just one of those things that comes with age. They could freeze them with liquid nitrogen but I chose to just leave them alone. The dermatologist looks like she is about 26 and is about 5'2" and cute as she can be. Her studies include MIT. She gave my head, arms and shoulders a good exam and found no issues. The storm just started here so I will be inside all day today. I don't need rain tomorrow or this weekend since we will be leaving for the NTOC Zone Show tomorrow about 1:00.
Hope all you guys have a good day. I am enjoying being on this thread and appreciate the welcome you all have given me.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:37 AM

CyrpusPlask [What ever that is]

Welcome to the asylum
Old May 3rd, 2018, 01:21 PM

Welcome Cyrus, we don't get too serious on this thread, and even once in awhile we talk about Oldsmobiles. Yesterday it was 74°, so I decided to take a drive down to Lake Michigan, which is about 2 1/2 miles away from me. I had the windows down enjoying the warmth and sunshine. Well the big lake ain't nowhere close to warming up yet, and that has an effect on the air temps, it was 56° at the lakeshore, a bit cool. Allan, I believe that there is a variety of wasp that winters in the ground, then wakes up when the weather warms up a bit. I woulda squished him too. Speaking of dermatologist, I have an appointment to see one next week, to have a look at a mole? that doubled in size overnight. I couldn't see my own doc until June, though they did offer to set me up with a P.A., I thought that this need a little more knowledge, and at an earlier date.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 02:38 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Welcome Cyrus. As previously mentioned, we don't get too serious on this thread. I have been a member of this community since 2006 but just started participating on this thread a little over a month ago when I retired. I have been warmly welcomed by the guys on here. Some days this thread is like the TV show Seinfeld in that it is about nothing. Other times we have some serious subjects. I am enjoying it. This is a great website with lots of knowledgeable folks on here. Tell us a little bit about yourself like what you do and where you live and what kind of Olds you have.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Welcome Cyrus. Like Glenn says, a little bit about you is in order. Hope you enjoy your stay.

-Yet- another gorgeous day out. Love it. Tiger and I spent some time outside this afternoon and he's plumb tuckered. It's over 80 in the house, but it doesn't feel like it. So I'll put the air on for a little while and see if I can get it down. Does feel a little stuffy now that I think about it. Funny, when I went to switch it on just now the switch was still on heat.

Dan I need to go see the skin doctor as well. Had a few trips to him a few years ago but he never found anything so I stopped going. I need to start back up, and pray he never finds anything.

I think Udo was the guy flying through Atlanta and I went to meet him a day late. Also there's about two dozen one hit wonders who have come in, posted once, never to be seen(here) again. By the way where's Koda?

LBJ- Once while walking across the White House lawn to several helicopters, his aide pulled on his arm and said, that one isn't yours. LBJ looked at him and said son, they're all mine.

Okay Night 3 awaits. Hasn't been a bad week so far, we'll see what the second half has in store.

Hope everyone has a good night.
Old May 4th, 2018, 05:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Wow! it's later than normal and not a soul to be seen. Verrrry unusual...
Old May 4th, 2018, 05:50 AM

Mawn'in

Another beautiful day

Allan, Ya know those big hornets nest? Ya can cut them down in the winter cause all the hornets are in the ground

Today is change oil day and install marker day. Vet's get them fer free so I install them for free

Old May 4th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I don't have any nests to get rid of. I was just really surprised to find that sucker in the ground. I never knew they burrowed in there for the winter. Only found that one but I'm sure if I went further down I might have found more?? Do you still do your own oil changes?

Off to Calgary today to pick up the alloy rims for the Malibu.
Old May 4th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Guys:
The morning here is rainy and overcast. The rain is supposed to stop this morning. It needs to. My wife and I are leaving about 2:00 in the 54 to go to the NTOC Zone Show about 80 miles north of here. It is being held at Tanglewood Resort up on Lake Texoma which borders Texas and Oklahoma. Last year was in a crappy hotel and I think they went a little overboard this year. The place cost about $170/ night all in. That is too much for a place to have a car show. We will be there two nights. When I booked it I wasn't retired. If I were doing it now I would book a nearby hotel that is less. I agreed to be a judge which I am not crazy about. It is always a fun event and we are looking forward to it. I will have to put the top up for my wife. If it were me I would drive all the way with the top down assuming it is not raining. The old gal does not do well in the rain. She leaks like crazy but at least I have electric wipers now. I try to avoid the rain but have been caught at shows out of town a couple times. Hence the electric wipers. I hope you guys all have a good weekend and I will talk with you on Monday morning.
Old May 4th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Ah, Friday. The week seemed long until now, it seems like it was short. How does that work? At any rate I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Oh wait yes I do. Any time I'm at the airport I consider that work. I should get overtime.

Jamesbo sometimes I have change oil week.

Hope your show is a good one Glenn. If I were organized I could have a car that I could take out and enjoy.

Not much else going on this beautiful day. I had an errand so we took in the Awful house for our supper. A little hot out, but the car was in the shade. I need to make that swamp cooler for the back of the car.

Well have a good night everyone. Hope the weekend does you all some good.
Old May 5th, 2018, 04:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Twas a good trip to Calgary yesterday. The drive took less time than I estimated but overall it's still a 7 hour drive round trip. Met with Sam who was selling the wheels and they looked as good in person as in the photos. It's a good deal. I think I'll have Costco pull the TPMS sensors out so they don't get busted. From what I read, only a few companies make these sensors but the general thinking is if they came from one brand of auto maker, they should stay with that brand. So I'll list them for sale and hopefully recover some of the gas cost for the trip. Weather for the day was nice, but breezy. The Sonata averaged a decent 35 mpg so I'm quite happy with it.

Glenn - I hope your show went ok even if you were a judge. Did the rain let up for the trip? Wow, that's an expensive hotel room I think. But I don't use hotels all that often. I hope you and the missus enjoyed it.

Jim - One thing I like about the Malibu is the Drivers Information Center has a running countdown on the oil life, just like my old 98 did. Only thing is the technology is a bit more refined. The new system also calculates oil life differently. Right now it's at about 44% and that's after 2500 miles and a cold winter. I think it factors total running time and speed into it's calculations.

Cinqo de Mayo day today, so prolly gonna head out to Mucho Burrito for their annual Burrito sale.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old May 5th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Did okay at work. Spent the first 5 hours babysitting an engineer because he couldn't sign for his work. Then I went home. Got a good 3 hours of sleep and then up and to the Awful house. Florida today and Tiger is already in jail.

Allan I would just as soon not have those tire sensors. One has gone bad on the Tigermobile and the light is on all the time. Typical Ford. If the dash wasn't such a cluster(as it were...) I'd just take the bulb out and not worry about it. We have Ford trucks at work and every one of them has that light on.

Been thinking it would be nice to have a convertible to ride around in, that is decent on gas and something I wouldn't worry about taking to work or Walmart. About the only cars around me are Miata's, Mustangs, Chrysler LeBarons. No, no, no thanks. I suppose I could put the money into my Supreme, I could buy a lot of gas for what it would take to get something else. Eh, I never think like that.

Okay off I go, into the wild blue yonder. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old May 5th, 2018, 06:56 AM

Mawn'in

Spose ta maybe rain, feels like it but they say "Maybe"

Mike, Ya need to take that Deuce and a half ta Walmart and fill it up with oil and filters, It might take several trips to change the oil in your fleet

Family on the way GTG

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old May 5th, 2018, 09:00 AM

Allan the DIC was similar on my Saturn, gave a percentage for the oil life, I never let it get down to 40% when changing every 5000 miles. Odd thing about the TPMS, when I had the Saturn did have to replace two of them over the years, and they had to reference a 2007 Malibu for the settings in order to program them, weird. They were based on the same platform (Epsilon II) so I guess that's why. I'm going to go out and get a couple of urns today to place at my grandparents, cousin, and aunt & uncle's gravesite's next weekend. They are located about 50 miles from here, in a small rural cemetery. I figure that they could use some flowers to brighten it up a bit. I'll need some that will grow all summer with minimal maintenance.
Old May 5th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi everyone,
Hmmmm, I posted earlier but somehow I guess it disappeared in the interweb netherlands. Why should that surprise me?

It's a gorgeous 70° day with blue sky and gentle breeze. I took the wheels out of the Sonata this morning and cleaned them up. They look really good for used wheels. A bit of light scratches here and there but absolutely no curb rash anywhere. One of the TPMS sensors is missing but I don't really care.

Mike - I'm with you. I can tell if a tire is going too low and I check them periodically anyway. I think the reason that companies changed over to TPMS is because most of the road warriors out there either don't know about tire maintenance or don't care. They also must not realize that improperly inflated tires can significantly affect mileage. Not all the cars I've seen use TPMS so I'm led to believe it's not legislated yet but likely will be soon, same as the backup cameras are now.

Dan - I don't think letting it go below 40% will hurt it any, but once it gets to around 15-20% it's time. I only use Pennzoil Full synthetic in the cars and it's spoda be good for up to 12k miles. I never let my oil changes go that far though. I look at oil and filters as a cheap form of insurance to keep the motor healthy. That's a nice gesture to keep their plots looking cared for and colorful. Hopefully the grounds keepers will water them periodically, unless you plan to do that on your visits?

We were gonna do the Mucho Burrito Cinqo de Mayo thing today but grilling steaks came in by a longer margin.

Have a great weekend.
Old May 5th, 2018, 03:04 PM

Allan, the TPMS is federally mandated here, my '07 Malibu Maxx was the first for me to get them. It started when a Ford Explorer with Firestone tires, pulling a U-Haul had a blow out, and somebody got killed. It was determined that the Explorer had a low tire that blew, and of course lawsuits followed, and big brother decided that all cars had to have a tire monitering system in place, which the auto makers said would add $300 to the price of a new car. For quite awhile, U Haul would not rent trailers out to anyone using an Explorer as the tow vehicle. I always try to keep an eye on my tires, and have an analog tire pressure gauge to check them.
Old May 6th, 2018, 05:08 AM

Good Morning all. Got the Vista out of storage Friday. Started easy and runs good but noticed a new noise. Turned out to be the alternator. I decided to get the bearings replaced in it but yesterday went to a swap meet at the Fowlerville fair grounds and bought a nice looking used one. I think I'll put the one I bought on and get the original one fixed up later. Yesterday (Saturday) was a great day, sunny and warm. Went to the swap meet in the morning with 2 buddies, also bought a railroad marker light and some other small items for my 56 F100. Then we ate lunch and went to the Onondaga Dragway which has quite a history here in Michigan. It used to be a 1/4 mile strip which closed down in the 70's. It reopened in 2013 as a 1/8 mile track but then was shut down due to complaints, etc. Well they finally got approval to reopen so we went. Last time I was there I was probably 12 yrs old with my dad! So it seemed kinda like hallowed ground. Anyway it was a great day.
Old May 6th, 2018, 05:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Anutter good one shaping up. I'm kinda curious to see what day my small planter will start popping up plants. It's been 8 days now so I figure another 2 or so and a lot of green should be pushing through the earth. Never know though with the temps being variable as they are.

Greg - Cool beans! What year VC? Lucky the Alt is one of the easiest things to change out. Sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon at the strip. Why the complaints? Did the area re-develop over the years and now there's housing close by?

Dan - That's interesting about the legislation. My Sonata is an 07 and has a TPMS indicator on the dash but it's not hooked up. I think the dash overlay is generic. I'd just as soon not be forced to have that feature. Wonder why it's not federally mandated in Canada.

Mike - There's 3 sensors from the wheels I got for the Malibu. They're Dodge wheels. Would one of those sensors fit the Tigermobile? Or is it even worth fixing?

I guess I'll go out and water the lawns before it gets too hot. Enjoy your Sabbath.
Old May 6th, 2018, 07:38 AM

Mawn'in

Beautimus day but spose to rain tomorrow [after golf]

Weed whacked my one tank quota then put 50 bales of pine straw. Now gotta SSS cause I got another family coming to [hopefully] make plans

Since we're on the subject, I hate all this crap on new cars, I am perfectly capable of checking air pressure I can even turn my head to see what I'm not backing into

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Olds friends
Old May 6th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow, I didn't think there was any delivery on Sunday, but apparently Amazon is writing a new book on that. My chrome locking wheel lug nuts I ordered on the 3rd will be here in 2 hours....What a shocker! hang on.. doorbell just rang.... Holy mackeral they are here!! Kudos to Amazon on their quick delivery. Hmmm the box says Amazon Prime but I didn't sign up for that. I best check to make sure they aren't putting me on their chargeable list.

Jim - I planted 2 rows of scarlet runners today I'll wait till they come up before I put up the trellis. Good job on the weed whackin. Anything else you don't like about new cars (other than they like to smersh bollards ) Take tomorrow off and go whack whitey!

Those insidious red lily beetles are back. Too dang early but they're here. I found 7 of them trying to establish a foothold in our lilies so they got smershed. 2 of em were in the 'praying' position so I figger I'd play coitus interruptus with em. No babies from those smershed bods. I think the look on their faces was something like this () just before they got smershed.
Old May 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back a little while ago from Daytona Beach. No trouble flying in or out. Less than an hour on an MD88.

Quiet in the house without Tiger. He'll have to be there tonight since the place isn't open Sundays. That gives me a chance to run around and get caught up without worrying about him either going with or being sad that he can't.

I too am not a fan of all the stuff on new cars. I never look at the back up camera, I don't trust it. The tire sensors are coming off the Tigermobile the next time the tires are dismounted. Here's another reason I don't like them. Some of the tire places around here are automatically charging $4 to "rebuild" them any time a tire is dismounted. They say it's mandatory because of some safety bull$hit. Nope. I'd be so much happier if I could get my own tire machine.

Beautiful out, gonna get a couple things done then run some errands. See you's all later.
Old May 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome back Mike! Good to hear no probs with getting there and back. Bet your mom was glad to see ya. Tiger's prolly missing you big time unless he's used to the kennel thing.

Originally Posted by slantflat
....Here's another reason I don't like them. Some of the tire places around here are automatically charging $4 to "rebuild" them any time a tire is dismounted.
Same here! Thank God they will be installing conventional air valves.
Old May 6th, 2018, 03:15 PM

Wonder why it's not federally mandated in Canada.
Allan, it's because you don't have our **** retentive congress!
They say it's mandatory because of some safety bull$hit.
Mike, unless that's a state law they're feeding you B.S., my local tire shop did not replace them until the cheap white metal valve stems corroded to the point of failure, allowing air to leak out of the tire. A very nice weekend on the west side of the state Greg, I actually got some yard work done. Working on a Gatorade after a short bike ride, still not ready for a longer ride, as this was my only second time out this year. Going back to second shift won't help that cause any.
Old May 6th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Always room for one more

I didn't go to my Mom's, I was in Daytona Beach. My friend's daughter was having a sort of post-wedding "reception" of sorts, the wedding was last month in Tennessee, yesterday was for all the people that weren't invited. Like pretty much everyone.

Tiger does well at the kennel now. He doesn't bark at everyone and goes with the attendant willingly. I'm sure he isn't thrilled about sleeping on a concrete floor, or missing treats every day. But he's no worse for wear when he comes home. And I'll sure be glad to see him.

Got my mower this evening. Might get it put together and try it out tomorrow. If I don't like this one, my only other choice is to get a couple of goats.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 7th, 2018, 02:35 AM

Mawn'in

Ok we need to make a few bets this mawn'in.

The Super model decided she needs to go to exercise class before she heads to werk. Get's up at 4:45 for a 5:30 exercise class

How long do you think this is gonna last?

Me? I've got it easy, I've got and 8:30 tee time Gonna have sum breakfast and stroll on over

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old May 7th, 2018, 05:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Spoda rain here today. Mebbe. The clouds say otherwise.

Mike - what kind of mower?

Jim - Dunno about de supermodel. Depends on how much she thinks she needs to be exorcised. Fer you - I figger 46/44

Dan - Up here they automatically build a 3.99 charge into changing tires on wheels with TPMS sensors. I don't know why unless they are replacing the air stem when they do that? Makes no sense because a new valve stem is included in the cost of the install.

Glenn - How'd the car show go?

Got a little more planting to do. I expect the seeds I put down over a week ago will start making their debut either today or tomorrow.

Enjoy your Monday.
Old May 7th, 2018, 07:35 AM

A little sore this morning, had a collision on the bike trail yesterday with a segway rider. When you are on these paved bike paths, you are supposed to let the person or persons that you are passing, know of their presence by saying "on your left" or at least "excuse me", as you approach. Well as that thing is battery operated, it is quiet, and I never knew that he was there, and wham! My right wrist is stiff and sore this morning from catching myself whilst going down. Left side where the impact occurred is a little tight also.
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Still beautiful out. I'm not complaining. Now they are saying maybe a little rain here or there, but I don't think so.

Dan that's too bad you got wrecked. I've seen a couple of those segways get stacked into things because the people on them don't know what they're doing. Hope your wrist feels better.

Jamesbo who would have thought that a Super model would need to get up at 0'dark thirty to work out. Tell her I says hey.

The mower I got is a rear drive Troy-Bilt push mower. Briggs motor, mulches, rear bags, or side discharge. Should be a good one. Now I gotta get out and use it.

Okay I need yours's help. Remember I've been looking for a car built on my birthday? I found one up home that might fit that description. It has 06C on the data plate, it's on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Oldsmo...da6pcp&vxp=mtr

If that link will work(and if it doesn't it's a 67 442 in Chicago) have a look and tell me how much of a piece of junk it is and what I should pay for it. I need to get with Clint and get the particulars on the 67s.

Well still don't have Tiger. Was at the shop with a friend of mine this morning after the Awful house, now I have a couple errands to run, then I'll get him. He will probably go to Summit with me tonight, it wouldn't be very nice to pick him up and then leave again right away.

Okay lunch is over. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Olds Friends:
The biggest news today is that it is mine and my sweet and lovely wife's 52nd wedding anniversary today. I will tell you guys that I have been very blessed to spend my life with such a wonderful woman. Of all the things I have done wrong and some of the goofy decisions I have made, the one thing that is the most important, I did perfectly. We are spending the day together, probably going to a movie this afternoon and then to a nice dinner at an old established restaurant in Dallas called Old Warsaw. I did surprise her with a cake Saturday night after the dinner and awards ceremony at the NTOC Zone Show this past weekend. I spoke with my son on Thursday night and he and his wife came up for the show Saturday and brought the cake. My wife had no idea.
The Zone Show was very nice. The Tanglewood Resort was more expensive than where we usually stay but man it was nice. Our turnout was a little light but we had some really nice cars there. I was a judge this year. We had changed the judging criteria where there are no 1st and 2nd places in each class. You compete with the judging sheet. I took a gold award and so did lots of other people. It took longer than expected and the problem is it doesn't leave much time to visit or look at all the cars. Your can see some really good pictures under the show thread which is located here:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-pictures.html. Due to the rain on Friday, we didn't go up until Saturday morning. It was about 80 miles and we pulled out of the driveway about 6:00. I did save $163 by only staying for one night.
I hope all of us have a great week.
Old May 7th, 2018, 10:11 AM

Glenn, congratulations on your anniversary, hope that you have many more. Mike, It appears to be a solid car as far as the body is concerned, but it does need work. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend, and what the price goes up to. It has "5V" on the cowl tag, so it is a legit 442. Jim, I may need some suggestions from you. The last time that I bought an urn was in 2000, when my dad passed away, an urn then cost me $35, now they are $100 apiece. Yikes, a bit of an increase. I wanted to get two urns, but $200 is getting a little pricey, any suggestions as to what people are using now a days?