The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2017, 04:44 AM

Mawn'in

Wonder how our ole Good morning thread pal Jeffery is doing down in Miami

Mike, I hate it when it gets chili

I want a few more months of heat

Scot, Be careful out there, there's no telling where this storm is gonna hit

Anyone else see the news where a Frigg'in Tiger was shot in someones back yard while attacking their dog. WTF keeps a tiger as a pet. I thought coyotes were bad

Anyway GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 7th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tis Thors day, so that means......

Busy day shaping up. Granite install today. So I also need to do plumbing for new sinks and faucets. This house wasn't built with shutoff valves under the sinks so today they get installed. One more to do thing wiped from the list.

Clint - Makes perfect sense. Did you decide on the gable? The 90 also drains better to each side instead of spilling off the front.

Later crocodiles.
Old September 7th, 2017, 09:39 AM

Allan, a question for ya, as you seem to be knowledgeable in a few areas. On a dishwasher, is it the heating elements that do all of the heating for the dishwasher, and/or does the temperature of the tap water coming in play a part, I.E. does the tap water also need to be at a high temperature.
Old September 7th, 2017, 11:12 AM

FWIW, It's a great place to help bread rise [w/o the water of course]
Old September 7th, 2017, 11:40 AM
CQR

Dan, The heating elements will do it, but its more cost effective to already supply hot water to the dishwasher. and when you move this is helpful.

ZzkQIoo.jpg
Old September 7th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well it's just after 1:00 and waiting on the installers. They called and said somewhere around 3:00 pm. In the meantime I bought a PEX cutter for $12.00 from the hardware store and rented a PEX crimper from Home Depot. It's like the tool rental program at autozone. It'll cost all of $18.00 for the day (tax in) compared to $75.00 to buy. I only need to compress 20 collars and call it good. I did the upper bathrooms already and it only took about 10 minutes each. Took more time to empty all the stuff the wife stores there than the installation of the shutoff valves. That cutter works better than a hot knife through soft butter. The crimper is a bit awkward in tight space but easily manageable.

I'm waiting till the install to do the kitchen and lower bathroom because I need to also install 1/4" adapters so the faucets will connect to the PEX. Easier to do all at once.

Dan - What Clint said for the most part. If you look at the dishwasher takeoff you'll see its hooked up to the hot water line, and should have a shutoff valve on that tee. I've found that our dishwasher (LG) doesn't care whether we run hot water first. There's a sensor inside the washer that activates the water heater to a preset value. Running hot water first just means the heater doesn't run as long, if at all depending on what your hot water tank is set for.

Clint - Nope. When I move the old stuff stays and we get all new appliances. Costs more but safer in the long run IMO. Hahahahaha, good one. Cute dishwasher.

Just chilling right now with a strawberry smoothie watching a PVRd episode of Last Man Standing. Love Tim Allen sit coms.
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out. Hope it keeps up but I'm afraid we're going to be getting remnants of Irma here pretty quick. Bless those people who get the full force.

Helped some engineers last night. Engineers. They were less than half my age and were all bunged up with taking a mirror assembly apart and redrawing it so they could make another one just like it. They weighed every piece, made drawings and took pictures. I pretty much gave them a bag of tools and sat back. It was the easiest gig I've had in awhile.

Jamesbo when was Jeffrey on the list? I've read the entire Good Morning thread and don't remember him.

Okay time to get moving. One more and it's the weekend. Have a good evening everyone.
Old September 7th, 2017, 05:40 PM

Mike, Jeffery was from Miami and I met him at the BPO caddy show in Marietta,
We tried to get Sandy to drive down but she said it was too far. Then we convinced her Ohio was closer to Hotlanta than Miami.
I'll have to look back for his user name. Having a senior moment.

If I remember right he lost his job and had a hard time. Might have had to sell his Olds.

Super friendly nice guy, I bought one of those Olds electronic gismo boxes from him

Edit, I still had my 69 H/O so it was before 9/4/10 I guess he was with us before my dear friend Pat [Cittcap] dumped the original Good morning Thread by mistake
Old September 7th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, was Jeffrey the guy who had a custom cruiser, 98, and a Toronado? If it is I believe I know who you mean.
Old September 7th, 2017, 09:00 PM

Clint & Allan, thanks for the info. I have my water heater turned up pretty high, and would like to turn it down a bit, so I was curious as to how the dishwasher's temp. played into it. If I have a faucet running hot water, I literally cannot hold my hand under it for three seconds..it's F*#@ing hot! So, I may turn the water heater down a bit. Jamesbo, not making any bread, so that won't play into it.
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:36 AM

Mawn'in

A good bit cooler today

Allan, I can't remember what Olds Jeffery drove. I only saw it once. I jes remember he was very nice

BTW How's the kitchen coming. Hope your installers aren't like my friend who told his girlfriend, "Sure let's get married, You pick the date and I'll pick the year"

John, Don't know where you are but the hurricane may be headed both ways [to the swamp and the mountains

Last time we had hurricane winds in Atlanta [wish I could remember the name] I lost one white pine and 16 oaks, What a mess. Most of the trees were up rooted from constant wind and constant rain.

There seems to be a trend of people having funerals at dust. I like the idea but hate missing Jeopardy

Headed norte, Hope the Florida exodus doesn't screw up traffic

Old September 8th, 2017, 07:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,

Yesterday was quite hot here. Got up to 90 which is uncharacteristic for us. Usually were around 72. Needless to,say plenty of kids running around in swim trunks after school let out at noon. I have no idea why schools let out at noon on Thursday. That's just encouraging them to not work at learning for the short time they're in class nowadays anyway.

The installers finally got here close to 4:00. Took till 6:30 to get all the pieces installed. While they were doing the bathroom I replumbed the water supply and discharge hose from the dishwasher. The original supply line was flexible copper and it had a very bad crimp in it. I replaced it with flexible SS braided flex line, and also installed a new 1/4 turn ball shutoff valve. Only took 15 minutes and likely saved a $200.00 plumbers fee.

So now all the sinks have shutoff valves, which is handy since both the kitchen and bathroom drains have to be completely re plumbed for the new fixtures. I'll head out to Home Depot shortly to get all the ABS parts I need to do the work. Measure 3x and dry fit before glue. Probably a few hours for me to remove the old and re fit the new stuff.

Jim - Step one almost complete. Next is the backsplash, then flooring. Yesterday put a $2100 dent in my wallet.

Dan - I turned my HW tank down too because the water was too hot. When it's coming out like it was just boiled that's too hot. It also increases your gas bill keeping it that hot.

Jouni - Our roads have been using a mix of shredded rubber in the asphalt now for a few years. It seems to last longer and is less prone to cracking/heaving in our colder climate. Does Finland also use that stuff?

Time to get mobile.
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:54 AM

Evening. Back at home for a while, monday to travel again. Now we have as much work as we dare to do. Id do more, but my working mate is old and grumpy He was really mad today since he was at home somewhere around 7pm. Just came off from sauna.
Now beeeeerrrr. Well, already drinked few
Quess ive got "in" to the Company now, for few going weeks, its been okay if i go to home with working car ( over 50 miles per way), if i need something, just ask, and now they asked do i want to spend a weekend with my wife at waterpark+hotel at this weekend for companys expense. Kindly refused, own home wons hotels when i just spend half a week again at hotels.

Plenty of posts came while i was away.

Allan R - Hmm, hard to say, since there are literally tens of different mixtures they use on roads ( and those are just ones that i happen to know), but i quess its same as our "recycled AC mass". Then theres one "equivalent", which is really different, to it, which is really elastic and wears really slowly.

Anyways, have a good weekend everyone!!

Last edited by Inline; September 8th, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful here. Didn't sleep too well today so got up a little later than I wanted to. But we did go fill up the car and run a couple errands. Strange, gas is staying right at 2.75. Some stations fluctuate a penny up or down, but that must be some state cap. Hard telling where it will go once the hurricane actually hits Florida.

So my Mom calls me this afternoon and said she doesn't think I should come down this weekend. The traffic will be terrible and I won't be able to get home. I looked at the latest model and it doesn't show Pensacola being affected really at all. I told her I'd look at the weather over night and let her know what I decide. Heck I'm already ready to go. I have friends on the east coast that will be staying through. They don't seem to think it will be any big deal. I pray they are right.

So, finally made it to Friday. Last night I had three planes and they were all pigs. I kept thinking how long it was taking me to do only three planes, but when I was done it wasn't even 3. There wasn't any other work and when everyone got their paperwork done we all left.

Okay it's getting that time again. Tiger wants to go out then it's off to work. He won't be happy about being in jail this weekend but I surely can't take him with. My sister will be there as well(left out of Jacksonville today) and she will have her cat. Tiger isn't a fan of cats...

Have a good evening everyone.
Old September 8th, 2017, 04:37 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Mawnin' Folks

TGIF Praying for those of us in the path of Hurricane Irma I just wonder where or when Irma slows down enough to just sit and stall while flooding inland after landfall. I just hope it hits and veers ENE outta dodge... Alberto I believe flooded our area by doing so in '94.

Mike I hope your Mom and my In-Laws on the Panhandle fare well. Good thing for them is they can go NW into Alabama in relatively short notice if need be.

Traffic is a nightmare here. Our local idiots that cannot drive, have seemed to have taken the road today. More wrecks I've saw today than in a years time. And I drive. I drive typically 200-300 miles a day so I see a lot. Me tinks people with Bibb, Peach and Macon County plates should drive perpetually with the hazards on. That way we see you and realize you may slam on brakes and turn at the drop of a hat. As you can tell I've had a day for sure. So mad I gotta sit on my hands to keep from giving folks the GA High Sign The visiting Floridians aren't the best drivers, but at least they do not know their surroundings and will use their blinkas

Jamesbo you think the mass exodus is bad... Jest wait until the all clear signal is given

Whelp have a great Friday evening all
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:04 PM

Well, I know somebody in Fort Meyers, a retired Sheriff, and brother to one of my best friends, hope that he and his wife got out of harms way. My best bud and his wife have a place in Cape Coral along a canal, hopefully it doesn't get flooded or worse. I'll talk to him Sunday when we head to the Gilmore for another car show. I do have cousins around Winter Haven, but have not sen them since I was a kid. I have an Aunt that I keep in touch with up here to keep me informed on them. Looks like Jose' will track N.E. in the Atlantic away from the U.S., I would hate to see back to back Hurricanes hit Fla. or the S.E. U.S.
Old September 9th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Wish me luck, I'm going in. Imagine my surprise when I saw the weather this morning and they said the storm was moving west. The map still shows Pensacola in the clear but I don't expect that to last. If there's any inkling that we'll be in the path we're getting out. Scot I hope your inlaws do okay. May God have mercy on us all.

Did well last night, home by 4. My buddy had a couple problem planes and he was running around like a mad man. I helped him best I could, but we were saddled with some woman on the phone who insisted that the parts she ordered for us weren't wrong. We told her we had them in hand and there was no way they were going to fit. Eh, the people flying a desk should actually come out and see what an airplane looks like some time.

Well have a good weekend everyone. The Good Lord willing and the Creek don't rise(or the gulf) I'll be home Monday. Tiger is in jail. I might report in while I'm there.

See ya's.
Old September 9th, 2017, 10:44 AM

I'm stealing dis from Scot, but wait intil the all clar is given, Then your gonna see a south bound traffic jamb like never before

Mike, I read [on the net so it's gotta be true] the storm is carrying sharks [and of course other sundry fish] I'd ya like ta have a Mako come thru your plate glass window.

From the little bit I know Marco Island would be a good place to not be

Allan, Nice work, next time I have a septic tanks problem, you'll be my 1st call
GTG

Old September 9th, 2017, 11:59 AM

Evening.

Visited my little-sister today. They got their first child at really young age. Bought them an TV.

GAOldsman - Oh yeah, talk about traffic nightmares.. You see one drip of water here, and all hell is loose. WTF is wrong on people? Drip of water dont mean you need to drive 15mph under limit. Just today i totally lost my nerves driving highway 60mph when limit is 75mph

Okay, heated sauna today, heated fireplace today; great day after all.
Have a good saturday evening guys, and all the best to your states under fear of hurricanes.
Old September 9th, 2017, 11:24 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Cloudy & rainy sunday. Maybe ill heat a sauna today?

Have a good day everyone.
Old September 9th, 2017, 11:51 PM

Morning all

Cloudy but dry here in the UK.
So, today I'm off to Singapore, glad I'm flying East and not West, some of you must be having a real hard time with the weather. My prayers go out to all of you affected. My wife's cousin is Cuban and lives in the north near Varadero which I gather took a real battering. Another good friend has/had a small hotel in the British Virgin Islands, all that's left is the foundations of the building but at least they are safe.

Time to pack my suitcase and head for the motor racing, should be good as they are expecting a wet race. If you watch on TV I will be right near the start finish line with my flag wrapped around me!

Be safe.
Old September 10th, 2017, 05:04 AM

Nice here for the time being. Spose to get nasty Monday nite/Tuesday morning.

I lost 16 Oak trees when Opal came thru in 95. Hope it's not as bad

Guess we'll jes have ta wait and see

London, Believe it or not, I've been to Varadero and had lunch at the ole DuPont Mansion. Most beautiful beach I've ever seen.

Have a great day Olds friends and stay safe
Old September 10th, 2017, 05:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin,
Had some much needed rain here last night but it could have been more. Strange how nature seems to be twisted with all the rain, hurricanes, heat and fires going on.

London - Safe travels. Enjoy the race.

Jouni - Sounds like they're getting ready for winter. When it rains here, no one slows down except when it's absolutely pouring.

Scot -I think the secret would be to find a job where ya didn't have to drive so much. Stay safe out there.

Jim - Never been to Cuba, and likely won't ever go there. My sister was there and wasn't very impressed with the food or cleanliness.

Today is going to be a relax day. Pulled the last of the beans and Swiss chard for dinner yesterday. Now we're hostage to market prices.
Old September 10th, 2017, 09:50 AM

Allan, how can you never want to go to Cuba, it's a fantastic, diverse, beautiful island and your sister must have been eating at the wrong place because the food there is wonderful. My wife's claim to fame is that she had lunch with a newspaper crew and Fidel Castro.
Jim, Varadero is indeed on a fabulous beach, however in my opinion the best beach is on Bounty Island which is off the coast of Dominican Republic, and the beaches in the Maldives are pretty good.

Jouni, when does it start to snow in Finland and how do you work when it does?
Old September 10th, 2017, 10:06 AM

London,

Ropa Vieja [dirty clothes] is one of my favorite dishes
Old September 10th, 2017, 11:59 AM

LondonCutlass - It starts usually snow at the end of November - during December.
And we dont work much after it. Ill have a 3 to 5 months winter vacation when winter sets in

Soo... Youre at Singapore GP at next weekend. Need to look hard to spot you.

Our "national treasure", Plymouth VIP who attended to DragWeek 2017, broke his exhaust valve during test-runs. Hope they get it together before monday!!!!
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:26 PM
golden rocket

thoughts and prayers for all in the paths, be safe.

There are a lot of car collectors in the Naples Fla. area, some with high dollar cars, think like Dusenberg, Auburn, Cord, V-12 and V-16 Cadillacs and Lincolns. I seriously doubt they keep them in their home garage, but you never can tell. Wonder what the storm will do to the hobby?
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

London - no particular desire to go there I guess. I'm not keen on the Dominican Republic either after being in Puerto plata for 2'weeks. Maybe Punta Cana or Jamaica.... I've always wanted to visit the US Virgin Islands but hear that's not a cheap tourist destination. Funny we were talking about Europe the other day and my thoughts drifted towards Scotland. That's where my great grand dad emigrated to Canada from. Must be where I get my interest in curling from. Speaking of which, Brad Gushue just won the Pintys GSOC Tour Challenge in Regina today! This could be a really good year for him.

Jouni - I kind of figured you'd have down time in the cold. Pretty hard to pave in freezing temps. Do you have a heated garage to work in?

Golden - Interesting thought. JMO but I think the high value collections down there take the potential for natural disaster into account when building the storage vaults. But no doubt there will be hobbyists like us who will lose out and a number of great cars will drown or be wrecked by the forces that are. Honestly, if I was down there I'd be more concerned about my family well being than my cars. Yes, I'd miss them but there are always more opportunities awaiting. Hopefully your rowboat won't be needed to escape in.

Grilled dogs and smokies for lunch. Fresh baked buns and delish fried onjuns to go with the relish, kraut, mustard and ketchup. No horseradish. 'Twas a veritable feast, we could have fed Scot's cast of Spartacus, except my sons tapeworm had its appetite back today.
The wind here has been howling at 40+ mph all morning. At least it's giving any bugs their excercise dying into it.

Gas is finally starting to come down a bit. Now it's only .95/L. That's still a bit pricy but compared to other regions paying $1.45/L I don't feel so bad. My corporate card allows me to buy at .90/L. Anyone else remember when you could FILL your tank for $5.00 or less from close to empty??

Well GTG, the women's final is coming up shortly and promises to be another great curling match.
Old September 10th, 2017, 03:50 PM

Calm before the storm.

Since I didn't want my green maters to end up at Allan's house I decided to pick sum and fry dem up
Old September 10th, 2017, 04:09 PM
golden rocket

Alan R, my apologies if it seemed I was disrespectful or callous in my comment about car collectors in the Naples Florida area. Naturally their first concern would be for their families and loved ones. Mainly it was a somewhat generic comment in regards to the hobby and the sometimes difficult search for parts, especially Oldsmobile, or other orphan makes. I have seen ads in Hemmings from a place in Tampa that has, what appears to be just Olds parts. Having done business over the phone in getting parts, just what effect the storm would have.
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

So far so good. Nice trip down yesterday, beautiful weather, and it was nice today. A little overcast. It's getting a little breezy now so I brought all the outside stuff in. We're supposed to get a lot of rain starting tomorrow morning. Still doesn't look like Pensacola will get very much of the hurricane. I'm glad of that.

For now my plan is to leave in the morning to go home. If we wake up to serious weather I won't, we'll see. If it's too serious we're all leaving. Haven't heard from my friends on the east coast but things weren't as bad over there as originally thought. That doesn't mean it wasn't bad.

London have a great time. Don't spit on the ground. A buddy of mine went to Cuba last year and loved it. I think what he like, though, was the old cars running around and the -clever- ways of keeping them going.

Haven't heard any reports of flying sharks Jamesbo. I wonder if the Harvey people are mad that Irma has stolen their thunder, as it were. Still 6 weeks to go for the hurricane season.

Okay gonna go relax. Been a nice visit with my Mom and we got all our chores done today. Have a good evening everyone.
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday close

Golden - No, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I understood your comment, and maybe I need to revisit my language skills and proof read a bit better. Sometimes what gets typed can be misinterpreted so many ways. So, IMO you're still golden

Jim - Whuuuut? I'd share my maters witchu bud.... (insert sad face here) They look delish BTW. Want some golden squash in trade?? Ooops, I ate em.

London - I just got off the phone with a buddy who lives in Vietnam. He left Canada about 20 years ago and bought a hotel. He says he's living the dream. From what he described to me, a vacation to Vietnam would be incredibly rewarding and very inexpensive. As for the culture change? He said the people there are very respectful. Something to think about, although I'm not really a big fan of the heat and humidity. Oh, he also reassured me that his area doesn't have snakes, but does have AC everywhere.

Just finalized the last member of my 2017/18 Curling team. Welcome aboard Daryl. Looking forward to a healthy competitive season. It's going to be busy as this will take up 4 days of my week, and possibly 5 if I spare for another team. Today Brad Gushue and Val Sweeting stood in the Champions circle as they won the mens and womens GSOC Tour Challenge. So stoked and encouraged watching their strategy and shot making.
Old September 11th, 2017, 02:30 AM

Mawn'in

hahahaha Vietnam doesn't have snakes

And there's no coal in new Castle

Well, the wind is coming outa the SE and it raining a might. I guess what's left of Irma is on its way

The whole state is under a storm warning. Only thing I'm worried about is my oak trees

Ya know with all the weather news no one said anything about today being 9/11 anniversary

I saw a funny FB post from a friend that said, she's been preparing for the storm for so long, she's starting to eat her emergency food.

Hope ta see y'all tomorrow

Old September 11th, 2017, 04:25 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Hope all my southern friends are faring ok.

Spent all weekend moving. Mom got into her place on Saturday, then on Sunday I took the skidder (Bobcat for Jamesbo) up to dads to level his lower garage floor. Then we moved more bookshelves into his place. that way he can start unboxing stuff. Still have a lot of stuff to move for both of them, Mom is gunna have to really get rid of a lot of stuff. She just doesn't have the room. Going from a 2400 sq.ft. to 700. I'm sure dad will try to put all his stuff in the new place, but Im not sure it will all fit either. I just hope the floor doesn't collapse.

Have a day all.
Old September 11th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawning
News just in, Newcastle runs out of coal. Miners being retrained to pipe lemmings.

Yes, sad day in history is being overshadowed by news of the Hurricanes. Thoughts and prayers for the families who lost their loved ones at the World Trade Center in 2001. Some of us will never forget.

Jim - Yep, I know that they got em. I just hate em. Even meheeko. One day we were at the beach a baby boa (5') slithered past heading for a swim in the Caribbean. Some stupid tourists picked it up and walked it to the mangroves where they threw it in. I guess I don't have to figger out whutchu smacked whitey today ifn it's raining. Beeuteeful morning here, clear and no rain. Spoda get to almost 80 later. Good day to cut de lawns.
BTW, our news here did report on the 9/11 attack but it's now only a 15 second mention. Spoda be some moments of silence and a light tribute tonight.

Clint - That's a pretty significant downsize for your mom and dad. They don't live together?? If we had to downsize I don't know where we'd put stuff. Makes me grateful for what we have.
Old September 11th, 2017, 07:10 AM

Allan, I was gonna see how far I could hit a 7 iron with a 40 mph tail wind but I had a brief flash of sanity
Old September 11th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yep, don't forget that ya gotta come back into that same 40mph wind on another fairway, and then there's the 40 mph crosswinds on the 90° fairways...
I prolly would have said 51/52 in those conditions. Good choice sir!😉
Old September 11th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Made it home safe this afternoon. In a strange twist of irony, I left Florida, where the hurricane was, where it was beautiful out, and came home to wind and rain and trees down and power out. Scot if your inlaws are anywhere near my Mom they are fine. Sun was out all weekend, cloudy this morning and when I talked to Mom this afternoon, she said it tried to rain but then the sun came out again.

So I was about 5 miles from home and I came upon a tree that had fallen across the road. Everyone was turning around and I pulled up to the tree to study. I had taken my black truck to Mom's and I thought, hm, in four wheel drive I could go across this guy's yard and around the tree and down his driveway. Just then an old pickup drove up to the tree and turned around and backed up to it. I thought, this guy has a chain. So I got out and jumped over the tree and this guy gets out with a crutch and missing a leg. He gives me a big hook like a tow truck would have and I hooked it to the tree, and he grabs a come along and hooks it to the truck and the chain on the hook, then gets in the truck and floors it and drags the tree to the side. At this point my truck is now in the middle of the road so I move it to the side and get back out and the guy is trying to get into the tree to retrieve the hook. I said, I'll get that and grabbed it and threw everything into the back of his truck. I shook his hand and said thanks and he said be careful there's a tree down here and here and there's a cop by the barber shop not letting people turn. Luckily I turn before the barber shop anyway.

After I got home I unloaded and then went to get Tiger, only to see that the place closed early. The one girl's car was there so I drove around back and sure enough she was out with a dog and I said, how about giving me Tiger and I'll come back and settle up in the morning. She said sure so now Tiger is home with me and not spending an extra night in jail. I'm grateful for that.

Oddly enough with all the trees I have at my house nothing has come down and everything seems to be okay. I haven't been to the shop, it could be a completely different story over there. The wind is supposed to die down later this evening and the rain taper off. Really this isn't any worse than any other summer storm we'd have.

Guess we'll settle in for the night. Hope everyone is doing well and had a good start to the week.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:59 PM

Mike, good to see that all was well with your mom.
Old September 12th, 2017, 01:42 AM

Mawn'in

O dark thirty I'll take a look around come sun upThere's alot of debris in the yard but I didn't hear anything crash. If all the barn/shed roofs are ok, I'm good to go

I never lost power but many of my neighbors did

Like Mike said, I've seen alot worst during spring thunder storms. The wind would blow pretty good, the lie down, then blow again. Opal [when I lost 16 oak trees] was a steady wind bellowing all nite.

In a weak moment, I let sum people from Miami stay in my lake/mountain house. They're bitching about finding some mildew in the guest cabin. I think I'll let them go back to Miami and see if there's any dampness down there. Geeze Louise No good deed goes unpunished

Allan, I hate the slimy SOBs too. [Mr. no shoulders} Growing up in the south ya kinda learn to have a healthy respect for them. I've stepped on exactly 2. One copperhead when I was a kid barefoot walking around [that didn't bite me] and one rattlesnake, when I was quail hunting. Shot him twice but every corn cob I stepped on the rest of the day felt just like him

My mildewy mountain guest cabin has some natural [dead] objects d'art. I'll take a pic of a 6" rattler, I killed down around Thomasville, Shot him twice after I ran over him 4 times

Clint, Glad you were able to help the folks out, Give them a daily hug, I lost my mom when I was 20

Anyone got a 12 y.o. kid I can borry The Super model punched the wrong button on the TV remote and I can't figger out how to undo it. Course, now she;s sleeping away

I was fix'in to tee off when the 1st plane hit the tower and everyone thought it was some kind of accident, but by the time I got checked in the 2nd one hit and all hell broke loose. You'll never convince me that those sorry POS knew those towers would fall. I hope their "virgins" give them the clap and they're pi$$ing razor blades for eternity

GTG