The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2017, 04:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Happy whacking Jamesbo.

Allan, race went ok. Sounds like the wife has transmission problems, so, I'll have to toss in the spare motor until I can get hers torn apart. hoping it's only a bent shift fork. Didn't you recently put a tensioner on the car?

Mike, they were all Bronco players back in the 70's. Hope the finger is feeling better.

London, glad you had a good time.

Hope John is doing well.

Have a day all.
Old September 18th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

44/45

Tis the first day back to curling.

Brian - Thanks

Clint - No sir. It was an idler pulley last time
Old September 18th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful out. Just got back from the Awful house and a couple errands. Think I'll try to move some stuff around the yard today.

Finger is doing okay, thanks Clint. It stopped bleeding but that's about it. Boy do I hate wearing bandaids.

I just read that my last name loosely means literate man, and/or secretary for a small religious order. Hm.

Well gotta make today count, it's the last day off. Won't have much time next weekend, I'm headed to Reno to dust cars.

Have a good Monday everyone.
Old September 18th, 2017, 02:27 PM
golden rocket

Something a little different, to bad no interior or engine shots.

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...272636851.html

have a good one y'all
Old September 19th, 2017, 04:22 AM

Mawn'in

Beautiful day down ere

Allan, I played like a goat yesterday 49/44

Mike, Hope the pinkie get's better so you can eat your waffles with out any help

Got to head to the big city to the dentist Joy of Joys

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 19th, 2017, 04:59 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Havin lunch with Bio mom today.

Mornings are getting chilly-er. The hills had their first sizeable snow last week. Not ready for the change.

Have a day all.
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:18 AM

Good day. Whoa, was home before 04pm. Cant believe my eyes!
Got new pair-doors to basement, yeah. Lousy end-week coming on working-scene. Shame, had all ingredients for Super salary.

CQR - Monday Morning it was 0'c/32F outside here, winters definitetly coming

Okay, have a tuesday everyone. I think im gonna own this "free day" to beer, sauna & darts.
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

We're socked in here with rain. It's been coming down pretty steady for awhile and the weather dufus on the news said that there's sleet in the mix for areas immediately around us. Spoda be wet all day so I guess it's officially mushroom season. They seem to like this kind of weather and cool temperatures.

25 years ago today the missus and I said I do. Hard to believe how fast the time has gone by.

Jim - Sorry to hear that. Looks like ya picked it up on the back nine.

Clint - The mountains here also got some significant snow as well. It's colder there with temps at -3C. How's the porch progressing? Haven't seen any pics of it lately.

Jouni - Sometimes you need those days when it's time for home life. Btw, I did what you're planning, to retire early. I did it at 55 but honestly if I could go back I'd probably not spend the ridiculous hours I did at work, and spend more time with my family. You won't understand this till after the fact unfortunately, and I appreciate it's different for everyone.

Golden - Sorry but that is one butt ugly wagon. The Impala dash and emblem just confuse the issue. If I had a car like that I'd want to sell it too.

John - Hope all is well with you and you survived the storms. I remember you having a lake before when there was flooding so I can imagine how it might be again. Did you get the SF fender liners installed? It would be a shame if it got flooded.

Enjoy your Toosday
Old September 19th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - friend if yours?
Old September 19th, 2017, 11:18 AM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by Allan R
We're socked in here with rain. It's been coming down pretty steady for awhile and the weather dufus on the news said that there's sleet in the mix for areas immediately around us. Spoda be wet all day so I guess it's officially mushroom season. They seem to like this kind of weather and cool temperatures.

25 years ago today the missus and I said I do. Hard to believe how fast the time has gone by.

Jim - Sorry to hear that. Looks like ya picked it up on the back nine.

Clint - The mountains here also got some significant snow as well. It's colder there with temps at -3C. How's the porch progressing? Haven't seen any pics of it lately.

Jouni - Sometimes you need those days when it's time for home life. Btw, I did what you're planning, to retire early. I did it at 55 but honestly if I could go back I'd probably not spend the ridiculous hours I did at work, and spend more time with my family. You won't understand this till after the fact unfortunately, and I appreciate it's different for everyone.

Golden - Sorry but that is one butt ugly wagon. The Impala dash and emblem just confuse the issue. If I had a car like that I'd want to sell it too.

John - Hope all is well with you and you survived the storms. I remember you having a lake before when there was flooding so I can imagine how it might be again. Did you get the SF fender liners installed? It would be a shame if it got flooded.

Enjoy your Toosday
Old September 19th, 2017, 12:19 PM

Allan, Congrats but I got cha beat [If you add my 3 together]
Old September 19th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day out. Lots of people burning. I guess no one knows the burn ban isn't lifted until October 1. I'm sure they'd all have the excuse, have to get rid of hurricane debris.

Jamesbo thanks the digit is well on its way to being better. I hate when I do things like that. I was thinking as I was gassing up the chain saw, gee I should really go find some gloves.

Clint I was talking with my friend in Denver last night. He said I should still come out to visit, it hasn't started snowing yet. How was lunch? What do your folks think about you seeing the bio family?

Four Oldsmobiles at the Summit cruise in last night. A 67 442, a 67 Cutlass 4 door hardtop, a 71 Cutlass convertible and a 69 Cutlass. I don't think I've seen that many Oldsmobiles all at one time there ever. Sadly, the 67 Cutlass had a SBC in it, which had a fresh paint job and they were rather proud of it. It was a Supreme so it would have been a V8 originally.

Time again to head to work. No idea what's in store. I heard that there wasn't enough work over the weekend so the mechanics were out waxing the outside of the planes. Doesn't sound like fun. Hope things pick up, not sure I'd cotton to a job like that. Although, that job is usually done by people who make less than half of what I do. Hm.

Okay have a good evening everyone.
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Morning all - I think.

So, another day, another airport. I'm waiting in the Emirates lounge for the first leg back to Londonistan. First to Dubai then home. Singapore must be the cleanest place I've ever seen. My wife and myself were having a game of spot the litter over our ten mile taxi journey to the airport, it finished 0-0. Also no graffiti, which is the one thing I hate. I thought the yanks were good at customer service but these guys are in a different league, and best of all, they are genuinely surprised when you tip them!

Mike, waxing planes? That sounds like fun - not!

Allan, congratulations to you and your better half on your 25th . Makes a nice change when a couple stick it out for long haul. I'm on year 26 and I wouldn't change a thing, well maybe her spending habits!

Can't believe some of you guys are talking about snow, what happened to the summer?

Jouni, Allan's right, you have to get a good balance between home and work. Once you are rich in your home life the rest will follow. It's taken me 30 years to get a comfortable lifestyle and there were lots of bits at home that I missed and that I do regret.
Old September 19th, 2017, 10:29 PM

Good Morning everyone.

How am i still here? I need to leave to work at 2pm.

LondonCutlass - If i remember right, they have strict laws against trashing. May be wrong. About summer - there never was one at Finland this year..

Allan R - Congratulations to you and your wife!

Okay, have a gooood.. humpday? everyone
Old September 20th, 2017, 04:27 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

London, trust me, I'm not encouraging it. I'm not even ready for autumn yet. If I could make global warming really happen, I'd be right on it.

Inline, would you be up to having all of our cold weather hang out with you this year? That would be a real help.

Mike, thats true, only up in the high country. We are starting to get colder nights, but I'm still leaving the windows open at night. there is still time. Lunch was very nice. I'd rather have spent the rest of the afternoon just chatting with her. My parents seem ok with it all. I don't really advertise to them the time spent with the bio fam. It's really only been 3 times since I met them.

Allan, It's coming along slowly. He has the roof decking covered with underlayment now so if we do get considerable moisture is won't warp the decking. Still have a long way to go.

Have a day all.
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:26 AM

Mawn'in

Must be cut grass day

Clint, I'll bet cha got a thousand questions

London, I've never known a sho nuff jet setter. Glaf you're enjoying tour travels

Mike, Good thing it's better, next time do it on the job and scream Workman's comp

have a great day Olds friends
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:12 AM

Allan, congratulations on your anniversary. Gonna get hot and humid here over the next 5-6 days, with the dew point @ around 70%, and the temps @ 90°, too warm for me, I would rather have some early fall temps in the 70's. London, glad to hear that the vacation went well, and Inline is right about the strict laws in Singapore. A U.S. teen was caned there about 10 years ago for graffiti. Served him right. Foreign country, abide by their laws.
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful here. Got up a little early and went to have my ears lowered.

Jamesbo I get my hands cut up enough at work, no one would notice.

Yesterday when I was out with Tiger he ran like a goof down to the lake, and I followed behind. Except I almost stepped on Mr. No Shoulders. How Tiger missed him is anybody's guess but I'm glad he did. This was a black snake about 6 feet long. He wasn't going to budge for me. So I stepped over him and he stayed there. Though when it was time to go in we went back up to the house on the other side of the yard.

There was no waxing of planes last night. I think that might have been a Saturday fluke. Why we'd do that instead of the company that gets paid for it I don't know. Our management has some strange ideas sometimes.

Hump Day. It kind of is for me, but Hump Day for me is actually the time I'm sleeping between getting home in the morning and going to work tomorrow night.

Well I guess I'll get at it. Hope everyone is well.
Old September 20th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Humpday Close

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes. I passed them along to my Missus.

Wet and cold here today. More wet and cold tomorrow with snow and freezing rain forecast in the morning.

Clint - The place is shaping up really nicely. Are you pouring more concrete in that porch area? I see it's still framed in. Hopefully your weather holds out better than ours. We should see a return to normal sometime early next week. That will be the cue to put the silver lady under wraps again and restore the garage to a parking stall for the Saturn. Sometimes I think it would be far better to just sell it and get a better newer car. The boy seems to be attached to it now though. Funny thing, since I replaced the brake calipers back in 2015 the brakes have been perfect. They used to only last about 12k km at a time before I had to replace the pads and rotors. Now they've gone close to 30K km and they're perfect with no pulsation or fade whatsoever. Go figure. The Saturn dealers couldn't figure this out when the car was new and it went through 3 sets of rotors in the first 3 years (warranty) of ownership. After warranty it's gone through 4 more sets of rotors and pads till 2015. I remember mentioning that to Mike and he said his never tanked like that. I think the problem is solved now. Still waiting on RA to deliver the belt tensioner.

Jouni - You will find that balance you're looking for. For a young man you seem to have defined goals. But remember that the means to an end sometimes requires changes in the path. Also have some flexibility to keep the goal realistic and in balance with your life and the lives of your family. I've found that goals set today change with time, needs and the situation. Right now your career path is defined. It may change though based on any number of life events. Your determination tells me you'll succeed and you'll make the right choices. In the meantime we all want to hear more about your latest exploits and the dream sauna that has a beer fridge in it!

Jim - That was funny. How many years do you have accumulated between the 3 of them? I guess I'm also lucky because I only have to support one wife. BTW, I didn't know you developed that entire subdivision. Good job sir! Did you make any decisions on the generator yet?

London - Yes sir, you are to be congratulated too! 26 years is a wonderful achievement and it sounds like you found the perfect woman to stand by you.

Dan - Sometimes I wonder where political boundaries and laws should be. Most of the ones I see here in Canada make me ill. I know we're not spoda talk about it on the forum but sometimes I wonder where the values and morales of social fabric have gone. Oh wait, the social fabric is torn to shreds and the morals are like BR flavor of the day. K, nuff

Today was fun. Drive through the sleet to Costco and fill BBQ tanks. Then drive home through rainstorm with some other goodies. I can never seem to get out of that place without feeling like I've been robbed.
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:09 PM

Good Morning.

Another "late" start to work. Tomorrow is big question?
Happy our house repairs for this year are almost done, big bill came from them this year. But, it was well worth it. Better to repair something every year imo.

CQR - Sure i can take it all, no problem. Longer vacation for me the longer the winter is

Okay- need to go to work, have a hood thursday everyone. I have a feeling this is going to be sauna-day
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:21 AM

Mawn'in

Headed norte to take my bud to te dentist. I went on Tuesday but his is a little further

Allan, Before I was a poor cemetery owner/operator, I built a few things. I'm really wasn''t a big time developer, just here and there IMHO high quality

I'm gonna start off with one well house generator that the neighbors have agreed to pitch in on, kinda makes it less painful to te ole wallet

Mike, the 1st person never gets bit, it's always the 2nd Lucky for you it was only a black racer

Clint, this is none of my business but whatcha talk about?

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 21st, 2017, 05:25 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Just got back from getting groceries. 5:00 a.m. is the best time to shop. No lines, no muss, no fuss. And the shelves are freshly stocked.

Inline, I'll be sure to send the request to Ma nature and see if we can't get that worked out.

Allan, Yes, he was waiting to get a lot of the framing done before the slab and step. Why? I'm not sure, but he's been doing this far longer than I have. We don't have the snow here yet We are still having highs in the 80's but up in da hills is a different story.

Mike, waxing a plane??? And I thought doing the pickup was bad.

Jamesbo.
Clint, this is none of my business but whatcha talk about?
Which part?

Well its starting to get light enough out. I have to go and prove to chicken little that her sky really is falling. She's a sweet little chicken, but she's blind and isn't doing so well. her talons are too long, and she isn't getting good nutrition so her eggs are a mess. We're sure the weather change is not going to be easy on her.

Have a day all.
Old September 21st, 2017, 06:13 AM

Clint, Wit your new found parents
Old September 21st, 2017, 06:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tis the day of Thor so off to visit wit de boys. Still wet and cold. Thank god it's still above freezing or there would be chaos out there with freezing rain. With wind it feels like it's -4 out. Time to break out a coat.
Old September 21st, 2017, 07:08 AM

Afternoon. What a day. Started Super late, 09am, and was at home almost an hour before salary payment ended! Woah

CQR - Its officially a deal now

Due to Allan's request, sauna is warming up currently, beer is cold and wife is hot

Have a day
Old September 21st, 2017, 11:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Inline
sauna is warming up currently, beer is cold and wife is hot
Life is good! A perfect Trifecta. Jouni - just in case you don't know what that means?
Trifecta - (noun) a run of three wins or grand events
In this situation I'd call it 3 wins
Old September 21st, 2017, 11:39 AM
CQR

Jamesbo,

Still very early in the relationship. hitting back and forth about what is going in our lives in the here and now, and also trying to hit on some key events of the past almost 50 years.

It's a different experience. Knowing there is blood relation yet they are in essence complete strangers with completely different lives and ways of living. In the future it will be nice to sit down with her and start to go thru some photo albums of my youth. Hopefully this winter after Ma and Pa get completely moved in I'll have a little more time. Luckily she is still young enough I have less worries of her expiring before we get to that. I don't have that luxury with my parents as they have exceeded the average lifespan.
Old September 21st, 2017, 12:41 PM

Home again, back to work today.
At least the weather has been kind to me, it's sunnyish in the 70s.

Baby sitting till Monday for my Grandson as his mum has gone to Croatia for a wedding, only trouble is that he won't sleep in his own bed at my place, so he's taken my place and I'm in the spare room.
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out. Slept fairly well today. Don't know why I'm still so tired. Tiger is not tired. He is full of energy and I find it hard to keep up with him today.

Welcome back London. There's no place like home.

Clint there's a company that has a dozen or so people come out to clean the planes. They actually get quite dirty. They use some stuff that is like liquid Maguires and slather it on the plane with mop heads on long poles, then when it dries they get new mop heads and wipe it off. Just like a car, except the car isn't 8 feet off the ground.

Jamesbo I've heard we have copperheads in the neighborhood and an errant rattler, but I've never seen them. I have seen a fake copperhead. Same markings but round eyes. I still don't get too close to them.

Okay time to get to night 3. Must be that third piece of meatloaf that's dragging me down. I'll perk up once I get to work. It's the adrenalin that gets going, sort of a defense mechanism. Gotta keep my guard up against the management.

Okay have a good evening everyone. One more.
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:04 PM

Well, we set a record high yesterday of 90°, 5° above the old one set in 1908. They are forecasting 90° for tomorrow but, next Friday's high is only supposed to be 60°, heck of a difference. Saturday the Saturn is gone, the time bomb is being replaced by a '17 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Last edited by 1969w3155; September 21st, 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 06:38 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning
Yesterday was an adventure. We finally nailed down the backsplash tile and grout color. Problem is the tile won't be available till late in October. The flooring will be walnut in a nice mid tone, bill will be out in a few hours to get the measurements for the entire main floor and cost it out. They can probably get it installed by early October.

Dan - That sounds like a sweet upgrade. Did you get the extended model? I looked at the Santa Fe earlier this year and it's a very nice vehicle. I'm still partial to sedans, but I'm not wild about the lack of interior colors for the Sonata and the trim finish inside.

Where is everyone today? Really unusual to be the first post this late in the day.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:38 AM

Evening.

Well, Allan - im at home Straight from work to sauna, now relaxing with quality Cocgnac.. Dad is going to visit later.

Tomorrow friends are visiting to help me push my Cutlass to garage. Then we heat sauna, eat well and drink few beers.. Sunday evening i need to head to hotel to another side of Finland, to be on game on monday Morning. Last week for mad weeks at work. Then the time-line on hmmm..... regional? orders hit, when all those pavement works need to be done. Sorry, hard to describe with my Limited base of words. But after that its starts to get quiet slowly. Maybe just 8hr days with few longer days for the rest of season.

1969w3155 - I find it hard to even dream about such temps at late september.. Today it was 46F ( 8c), windy and rained. And its just our typical weather at september.

Im forever mad for LondonCutlass about busting the bubble of bad Great Britain weather, no matter how good weather we have, he always have better, and when sky is falling down here, in GB it shines and its 20c

Okay, whats up everyone else?

Last edited by Inline; September 22nd, 2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:20 AM

Allan, it's a Santa Fe Sport, the five passenger model. What I do like, that goes with the awd, is that it has a button on the dash to engage the locking rear differential, which will come in handy when a bout of lake effect snow hits us. Inline, we usually don't get this warm in September, it is generally in the mid 70's, with much lower humidity. Don't worry about your english keyboard skills, we understand what you're trying to convey. You're pretty good at it.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Woohoo!
While the flooring and tile areas were being measured the package from rock auto arrived. That's pretty good service considering it was only sent on Monday afternoon and had to cross borders. They originally said it wouldn't arrive till the 28th.

Dan - Sounds like a girl question, what color?

Jouni - Work slow downs in seasonal work are unavoidable. Grab the work while you can. I'm guessing the company pays your hotel while you're away? Don't worry about GB weather, they have their ups and downs too. Yesterday we only got to 5 here and today isn't much better. Next week though it looks like we might make it to the 15-17 mark.

Think I may run the Saturn a bit to warm it up. I'll let it cool down a bit and then tackle the belt tensioner. When everything is really cold the bolts don't turn so easy.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Last night for awhile. Next Wednesday seems like eons from now.

Tiger wanted to go to the Awful house as an end of the week treat. I don't know why that place doesn't just close between 2 and 9 in the afternoon. They can't make enough money to pay the light bill. Now, the middle of the night on the weekends when the bars let out...

Dan I hate that the Saturn is going away. I know it's been a money pit for you. I will probably end up with my Mom's Aura. I'm trying my best to get her into something new and I'll probably end up buying it myself and then swapping with her. I've been thinking about a lease but don't know much about them.

Jamesbo must have gotten stuck at the dentist.

Actually had a decent night at work last night. Hope tonight is the same. My buddy will be there tonight, we only work one night a week together so we'll probably work together. What usually happens is I get let out a little early, but end up staying to help him with whatever he's creating drama about. Eh, that's fine.

Okay time for it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:04 PM

Allan, it's silver. Mike, I think that the Aura XE has fewer problems than the XR. The 1st generation of the 3.6L in mine I found out likes to consume oil, and mine just got an appetite for it, my mechanic asked when I changed it last, and I replied "two months ago", to which he said, "you were down 1 1/2 quarts", not good, as the timing set uses engine oil for lubrication, low oil, and the timing set is at risk..another known issue for the first generation of this motor. The timing cover is leaking, the trans is acting up, and all of the idiot lights are showing their splendor on the dash. I just need to make that 35 mile trip tomorrow (Sat.) to the dealership, and I'm done with it.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 06:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Well at least there's no rain in the forecast today. Not very warm though. Looks like the next door dufus is moving. He's been loading a lot of personal stuff into his girlfriends mini van over the past couple weeks. And he finally cut his weeds after a 2 month grow cycle. I would love to see a for sale sign go up. I don't think anyone could be a worse neighbor, with the exception of hells angels.

Dan - If I was in that situation I'd do the same thing. Interesting that in the wreckers there are fewer and fewer of that model available for parts too. Did you get the 2.0 T in your new car or the base 2.4? I like the sparkling silver better than the titanium silver. They're on sale up here for around 5500 off msrp right now. Enjoy your new ride!

Jim - I guess your ol buddy must have said "set a spell"? I hope he's doing well and you enjoy your visit.

Jouni - So the cutlass is now in its winter storage? I hope you made them push before they started drinking beer...

London - I Was just thinking that you are one lucky guy. Keep up the good work.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 06:40 AM

Allan, just the base 4 popper, I call it the Blue Collar Edition. A buddy of mine got one with the turbo, it's loaded, leather, premium sound, etc. Uncle Mahle helps foot the bill on that one, as it is his company car.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:17 AM

Mawn'in

Back from the no service hills

Local school was spose to have a car wash today so I thought I get sum dust off the 442 drop top, I guess it got canceled because of beautiful weather,

I'll jes do it myself

Enjoy your weekend Olds friends
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome back Jim. You'll do a better job on the car anyway.