The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Today | 09:16 AM
Running On Empty

Last home (3-story Polish raised flat built 1901) I owned/renovated (Milwaukee, WI) I found an old coffee can filled w/ used razor blades sitting on the lower wall plate beneath the medicine cabinet directly under the razor blade slot. It was filled & then some. I also found two empty pint bottles of Kessler Whiskey buried between a couple walls & a lithographed post-card dated 1920-something on the bottom of one wall. Good chance Ray & others have found interesting items I'm sure.

Stock photo from the WWW.

Old Today | 09:33 AM

Because the M 38 A 1 makes so many short trips in liw ranges to the lake and back It was building up carbon. Sea foam tank and carb works wonders

Last edited by Jamesbo; Today at 12:32 PM.
Old Today | 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
I would love to some time get a straight razor shave at the barber shop. With the hot towels and the aftershave and all that. I don't know if anyone even does that anymore. I should find out.
The barber shop I frequent uses a hot towel, a straight razor, and shaving soap(?) to scrape the back of my neck. I was surprised at that, and amazed at how smooth it came out. I suppose they did face shaves as well but I didn’t investigate that.
Old Today | 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
You have options. Obviously a 100% complete roof tear off would be superior. Order all brand new trusses and go to town.
Or