"A" body disc brake setup value

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM

"A" body disc brake setup value

Fishing for a value. I have a set about to be for sale. Spindles, calipers, caliper brackets, FACTORY rotors with the groove, and the factory differential valve WITH the frame bracket. The master cylinder and booster were smashed so I did not get those. The backing plates are bent as well.

Parts removed from a 1972 Cutlass S

I surfed E-bay and found one set for BIN of $190 but no diff valve.

Offers??? I WILL ship them two separate boxes to save overweight charge.

John
Old April 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM

Hi John
I've sold a couple sets local for $250 but that's the complete setup including the master, booster and lines. Also if you didn't get the small "L" bracket bolted to the frame, the rubber hose from the caliper goes into it that's different on disc and drum. You might try craigslist to sell them locally since they'll fit from 1964-72 A-bodies there is a lot of demand. If the buyer doesn't have to pay a bunch for shipping they could pay more in the purchase price. I've also been told they'll fit a 67-69 Camaro, Firebird or Nova if you swap sides on the spindles, so the tie rod end is on the correct side. John
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Hi John
I've sold a couple sets local for $250 but that's the complete setup including the master, booster and lines. Also if you didn't get the small "L" bracket bolted to the frame, the rubber hose from the caliper goes into it that's different on disc and drum. You might try craigslist to sell them locally since they'll fit from 1964-72 A-bodies there is a lot of demand. If the buyer doesn't have to pay a bunch for shipping they could pay more in the purchase price. I've also been told they'll fit a 67-69 Camaro, Firebird or Nova if you swap sides on the spindles, so the tie rod end is on the correct side. John
I DID get the valve frame bracket...I left the diff valve bolted to it, and just pinched off the lines to keep cooties out of it. I did NOT get the other brackets, and that car went right to the top of the scrap pile as we drove away...DAMN...I figured I forgot something... I WOULD have pulled the master and booster, but the crushing process had already begun. Since they are recyclers and not an actual car salvage yard, they don't take us car guys into consideration whatsoever. I consider myself lucky to salvage what I could off that poor car. It HAD perfect rust free doors and fenders. I was ill when I saw it....

I would love to sell them local, but the rage over here is the Box/Donk/Bubble crap with the B body cars....

I don't want to make a killing off them, just a little more than what I paid, and some for my time to ****** them...

Thanks!

John
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

John: Give me a price and do you have any idea what the shipping would be to the Dallas area. I can get some locally but have not priced them.

Thanks

Glenn
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
John: Give me a price and do you have any idea what the shipping would be to the Dallas area. I can get some locally but have not priced them.

Thanks

Glenn
I have been advertising the whole pair for either $150 as is, or $250 with brand new bearings, seals, hoses, bendix pads, etc.... I don't care if I sell the new parts or not because I can use them on my setup whenever I get to it! I figured it would sweeten the deal if someone got everything in one box and all they had to do was rebuild them.

I figure shipping will be about $20-25 per side but I have not weighed them and would need your zip to give you an accurate cost. I charge ONLY what Fed Ex charges me at the counter. I don't pull the e-bay thing and call it "shipping and handeling" LOL.

Let me know

John
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Can the backing plates be straightened and have you measured the rotors to be sure they can be turned?

Thanks

Glenn
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Can the backing plates be straightened and have you measured the rotors to be sure they can be turned?

Thanks

Glenn
As of right now, I have NOT checked the rotors. I would be hard pressed to say that the backing plates will ever be right again. The car was sitting on the dirt with the wheels off. I mean is was about to be crushed so the guys took no care at all with it. They plates are not cracked or broken. So if you applied some heat, and some strategic hammer action, they will probably straighten. But I won't say that that will work for sure.

I will be out of town for two weeks (starting later today) and will gladly get the rotors measured and some pics when I get back.

John
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks John. I am in no hurry. The backing plates could be a problem.

Glenn

Originally Posted by Eightupman
As of right now, I have NOT checked the rotors. I would be hard pressed to say that the backing plates will ever be right again. The car was sitting on the dirt with the wheels off. I mean is was about to be crushed so the guys took no care at all with it. They plates are not cracked or broken. So if you applied some heat, and some strategic hammer action, they will probably straighten. But I won't say that that will work for sure.

I will be out of town for two weeks (starting later today) and will gladly get the rotors measured and some pics when I get back.

John
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM

www.fusick.com has repros at $90 per pair. So they are available...just pricey. I'll take a good look at them when I get back.

John
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Any update John?

Thanks

Glenn
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM

Hey... good news and bad news...

Check PM

John
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

John:

You should have received a check today or tomorrow. It was mailed on Monday.

Glenn
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Got it yesterday. It went in the bank this AM. I am going to try and get them to Fed Ex tomorrow, but monday at the latest. I'll PM you a tracking number.

John