whats wrong with my 455

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2019 | 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by matt69olds
Why would you suggest ripping out the fuel injection, replacing the fuel lines, reinstalling a mechanical pump, installing a carb, and all the other little things that go with it, when the OP said it ran fine before cleaning the throttle body?
The first post indicates he was having performance issues prior to spraying the TB w/ cleaner.
Old August 26th, 2019 | 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by matt69olds
Why would you suggest ripping out the fuel injection, replacing the fuel lines, reinstalling a mechanical pump, installing a carb, and all the other little things that go with it, when the OP said it ran fine before cleaning the throttle body?
Originally Posted by JohnnyBs68S
The first post indicates he was having performance issues prior to spraying the TB w/ cleaner.
I think if you re-read the entire thread you'll understand why.
Old August 26th, 2019 | 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by oletrux
I think if you re-read the entire thread you'll understand why.
please share why
Old August 26th, 2019 | 11:39 AM

Here are videos of the problem, maybe someone can give helpful information

Video 1

Video 2
Old August 26th, 2019 | 01:52 PM
Running On Empty

My suggestion is you take your vehicle to an automotive service facility which specializes in classic automobiles and has knowledge regarding the conversion of a carburetor fuel system with an old-school EFI system before you blow up this engine. This is far, far out of your league. Bite the bullet, pay someone who knows what they're doing.
Old August 26th, 2019 | 02:25 PM
Running On Empty

Greg's Auto Repair is located in East Nashville, it appears they get very good reviews & it looks like it's an old-school shop - might be worth a call. Good Luck.

https://www.facebook.com/gregsauto634/

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...rtI3O7EZlpoeLd

EDIT: If you read/scroll down through their FB page, note they recently installed fuel injection on a 69 Firebird. At least this is a service facility which knows about EFI conversions.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; August 26th, 2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old August 26th, 2019 | 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Greg's Auto Repair is located in East Nashville, it appears they get very good reviews & it looks like it's an old-school shop - might be worth a call. Good Luck.

https://www.facebook.com/gregsauto634/

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...rtI3O7EZlpoeLd

EDIT: If you read/scroll down through their FB page, note they recently installed fuel injection on a 69 Firebird. At least this is a service facility which knows about EFI conversions.
i agree with your advice to the Op to take it somewhere as his knowledge is obviously limited.
HOWEVER don’t anoint someone “EFI experienced” because they post one conversion. I have over 15 years of EFI experience and training and I still learn something new all the time.

Last edited by cutlassefi; August 26th, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old August 26th, 2019 | 02:51 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
...don’t anoint someone “EFI experienced” because they post one conversion...
We both know in today's automotive industry most folks would be hard pressed to find anyone w/ knowledge of a classic engine EFI conversion; at least there's a better than none chance these guys have more than an inkling of knowledge compared to some service garages.
Old August 26th, 2019 | 11:21 PM

If it was running good than having problems at wide open throttle under load. It is probably the fuel filter. K.i.s.s.( Keep it simple stupid) over looking the simple stuff . If you did turn some of the adjustments it’s all good own up to it, and read the manual and start at factory settings.