How about E heads

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2009, 07:22 AM

How about E heads

I am wondering, after reading whats on the net, about E heads that they are pretty good. They have a not so good exhaust port but elswere no complaints. Are they worth concidering measured to edelbrock heads. I dont know what valve size it is. Please send me in the rigt direction.

My plans are:
Ported E heads
Forged speed pro pistons L2323F30
Comp Cams Magnum hydraulic 224;224 501, 501, 110 lobe sep.
Torker intake
Holley 750 Double pumper
Thornton exhaust manifolds (W30)
2,5 inch free fowing exhaust system
Old March 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM

Check the tech section. Click on tech at the top of the screen and go to the head section. This will give you good information. The E heads are availible in both small and large valve versions. The Toro's came with big valves. I went with the edelbrock heads on both of my 455's after pricing the porting, new valve seats, valves etc. I found in my area it cost nearly as much building a set of cast heads as buying the aluminum heads. Just my opinion. Where are you located? Someone close to you might have a set of C heads or large valve E heads for sale near your. They are costly to ship because of the weight.
Old March 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Check the tech section. Click on tech at the top of the screen and go to the head section. This will give you good information. The E heads are availible in both small and large valve versions. The Toro's came with big valves. I went with the edelbrock heads on both of my 455's after pricing the porting, new valve seats, valves etc. I found in my area it cost nearly as much building a set of cast heads as buying the aluminum heads. Just my opinion. Where are you located? Someone close to you might have a set of C heads or large valve E heads for sale near your. They are costly to ship because of the weight.
Hi
I forgot to say that itīs a 455 I have. I live in Sweden so the shipping is expensive from US. The car runs greate with E-heads, but as you probably know, enough isnīt enough. The best thing first is to check the valve size . Are there large valves and good valve guides maybee I port them. Whats the differens between C heads and E heads.
Old March 6th, 2009, 05:56 PM

The C heads have the best stock flow of big block heads but not enough difference from your E heads if they are large valve to make it worth the change
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
The C heads have the best stock flow of big block heads but not enough difference from your E heads if they are large valve to make it worth the change
Thank you. I have read that filling the exhaust bypass whith liquid metal is a gode move, but it seems a little complicaded. Is this nessesary if I block the passage at the gasket flange?

Regards
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:52 AM

E heads

Filling the exhaust passage has two benefits. First is of course you block heat to the manifold. Second is the increase in scavenging you get cuz you've isolated the passages as well as no longer disrupting their flow. You'll also want to weld the exhaust port on the outside to complete the process. All ports need to be isolated from one another.

Cam - IMO I'm not sure that would be the right cam for you. Given the heads you're using I would get something that favors exhaust duration over intake. You'll need the extra flow capabilities cuz you're using stock heads and exhaust manifold.
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:03 AM

If you are using stock exhaust manifolds I wouldn't worry about what heads you run, or filling the exhaust cross over. As long as you aren't running J heads you should be fine. All BBO heads flow fine for a street car. Just make sure they are in good shape.
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
If you are using stock exhaust manifolds I wouldn't worry about what heads you run, or filling the exhaust cross over. As long as you aren't running J heads you should be fine. All BBO heads flow fine for a street car. Just make sure they are in good shape.
Thank ypu all for the useful information. As I wrote before, the engine is running fine now. When I lift the heads I decide witch road iīm gona take.

I feels better to use the E-heads.

best regarss to you all.