So let us make a list of hard to find or rare parts for toronados!!

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by ToroToro
Sending units and socks for 1969 toronado gas tanks. Also the gas flap at the trunk. Repros are made for 66-68 but not 69.
You can still get the fuel tank sock from GM, actually. I used to have the part number, but I can't seem to find it... If you need one though, I've got an extra one laying around too.
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM

Sock offer

Wow, thanks for the information on the sock. I'll be glad to just buy your spare to save me digging around on part numbers and dealing with my local GM dealership parts department.

I just thought of another couple of parts someone should make. The T-handle to open the hood, and the paint to restore the very lightly wrinkled black background on the gauge cluster. Ohhh, let's not forget the back deck pieces that crack from the sun or the unique oil pan that everyone bought up in the old days to use for boat racing because of the large capacity. That brings to mind the dip stick which is totally unique as well due to the oil pan :-)

Send me a PM with your email if you want to sell it.
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ToroToro
Wow, thanks for the information on the sock. I'll be glad to just buy your spare to save me digging around on part numbers and dealing with my local GM dealership parts department.

I just thought of another couple of parts someone should make. The T-handle to open the hood, and the paint to restore the very lightly wrinkled black background on the gauge cluster. Ohhh, let's not forget the back deck pieces that crack from the sun or the unique oil pan that everyone bought up in the old days to use for boat racing because of the large capacity. That brings to mind the dip stick which is totally unique as well due to the oil pan :-)

Send me a PM with your email if you want to sell it.
PM sent.

As for the T-handle... There are a couple ideas here for how you can repair/replace it. (There's a link to a second page lower on the page as well) http://www.breznick.com/toronado/t-handle/index.htm

Back to the oil pan... I thought the Toro's oil pans had LESS oil than their counterparts. Because the pan had to be notched in order to allow the drive axle to pass beneath it. I know I've seen someone who took a normal 425/455 oil pan, and pinched hole in each side of it, adding a gasket, so the axle actually goes THROUGH the oil pan, just so they could get extra capacity out of it.
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

Outer door handles for the 1971-1978 cars are pretty elusive.

These also fit the 1971-1973 Buick Riviera.

I have an NOS one that I am selling on eBay.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...or-handle.html
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twilight Fenrir
PM sent.

As for the T-handle... There are a couple ideas here for how you can repair/replace it. (There's a link to a second page lower on the page as well) http://www.breznick.com/toronado/t-handle/index.htm

Back to the oil pan... I thought the Toro's oil pans had LESS oil than their counterparts. Because the pan had to be notched in order to allow the drive axle to pass beneath it. I know I've seen someone who took a normal 425/455 oil pan, and pinched hole in each side of it, adding a gasket, so the axle actually goes THROUGH the oil pan, just so they could get extra capacity out of it.
Clever idea on the t=handle, but I guess that you would have to call it a "circle handle" . I have thought of doing the same thing with the back half of a t-handled Allen driver I have.

I can understand why you might think that the axle hump in the oil pan would reduce the capacity, but GM over compensated by increasing it to 5 quarts. The finny thing is that it was still a bad oil pan design for racing for several other reasons. Here is a link that breaks it down.
http://www.supercarsunlimited.com/in...ns/oilpans.htm

The dude that made his own sounds a little crazy. Clever, but crazy. Hell, I can't even get my oil pans but to leak with just the one big gasket, much less two little circular one added with a vibrating axle shaft housing going through....
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:59 AM

I have a set of 70 E haeds toro K intake and manifolds with heat sheild and oil pan if some one needs them . I have them in the for sale section .
priced at 250 . Does that seem fair or am I off? Heads will need to be
gone over engine has been sitting for some dont know much about it I got it to play with the block . Thanks
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Curtis White
Unbroken Tail light lens and exspenive when you can find them. Guide 39SAE 68
I don't think the 67 had Disk brakes even as an option. But the 68 did nad they are hard to find.
67 and 68 Toro had disc brake option using the 4 piston caliper set up from Kelsey Hayes then in 69 changed caliper and rotor design...and correct, rotors are kind of hard to find but calipers and pads are still plentiful. Some folks out there are taking rotors from something else and redrilling them to fit and charging an arm and a leg for them. My 67 Toro has the disc brake option.
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by oldsmobilia
67 and 68 Toro had disc brake option using the 4 piston caliper set up from Kelsey Hayes then in 69 changed caliper and rotor design...and correct, rotors are kind of hard to find but calipers and pads are still plentiful. Some folks out there are taking rotors from something else and redrilling them to fit and charging an arm and a leg for them. My 67 Toro has the disc brake option.
I actually just found a place that supposedly sells brand new rotors for the '67-'68 Toronado's.

While I was poking about the catalog for http://www.usapartssupply.com/olds.php , I found it specifies that '67-'68 Toronado front brake rotors are available... I know these are one of the least common parts, so I thought I would mention it in case anyone needed some... Looks like they run about $300. Not sure weather that is each, or a pair... I'm guessing each...

Part # is S5.810A
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM
"I reckon so!"

How about floor mats?

Also, How do the floor mats on a 66-67 on the drivers side that is attached to the floor come off?? I am trying to remove one and can not figure out how it is attached??
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by RATCHETMASTER
How about floor mats?

Also, How do the floor mats on a 66-67 on the drivers side that is attached to the floor come off?? I am trying to remove one and can not figure out how it is attached??
I don't remember how it was attached, but here's pictures of the floor brackets on a 1966. I'm hoping this may give you some clues. They're skewed at an angle with the ends closest to the gas pedal more to the left. The pictures with the carpet still on it you can see the outline of the floormat. These were the hard rubber type compound with metal inside. John

Drivers side
P1010249.jpg

Pass side
P1010248.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010253.jpg

P1010254.jpg
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
"I reckon so!"

Thanks John. That does at least give me an idea. Maybe I will just take my sawsall and see if I can cut out the floor and then figure out how to detach it afterwards!! lol

Tim
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:43 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by Curtis White
Unbroken Tail light lens and exspenive when you can find them. Guide 39SAE 68
I don't think the 67 had Disk brakes even as an option. But the 68 did nad they are hard to find.
Yeah - the lens AND the plastic reflector-thing holding the bulbs under them. For my 68 of course...

It's kind of art to keep the old stuff in a piece and illuminated.
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:11 AM

How about front wheel bearings for 68 Toronado?

Are they the same for drum or disc brakes?

Earlier they were very hard to find - now there is an offer on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Wheel-...sories&vxp=mtr

Are they good?
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM

Location: from Wisc, then Texas, then Kansas, now back to Texas,
I need a turn signal switch for my '67, the complete switch, (contacs are bad ), has to be for a column with telecope and tilt. it's different from others cause of where the 4-ways button is located. Would the one from a Riveaira (?) be the same, as I think Year One or OPG makes one for the Riv
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluecab
Bumpers!
Notched rear bumper for a 1968 W-34!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by toro68
Notched rear bumper for a 1968 W-34!
It would be a lot of work, but is the shape right to cut out the notches from a 66-67 core bumper, weld them in a 1968 and have it replated? I've got a couple bent but solid 66-67 bumpers if you wanted to give it a try.

John
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
It would be a lot of work, but is the shape right to cut out the notches from a 66-67 core bumper, weld them in a 1968 and have it replated? I've got a couple bent but solid 66-67 bumpers if you wanted to give it a try.

John
Don't suppose you've got a good pair of the fender-fin bumper pieces for the front end do you? Both of mine are ruined...
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM

I'm guessing you mean the chrome trim that fits against the fender and curves its way down between the fender and bumper? Sorry, I've had good ones in the past but none at this time. Odds are your a long way from Southern Oregon... but I know of a 1967 Toro for sale that's a driver. $700. I'm not going to look at it because if I do I'll probably drag it home and the driveway is already full

John

Don't suppose you've got a good pair of the fender-fin bumper pieces for the front end do you? Both of mine are ruined...
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:37 PM

I'm guessing you mean the chrome trim that fits against the fender and curves its way down between the fender and bumper? Sorry, I've had good ones in the past but none at this time. Odds are your a long way from Southern Oregon... but I know of a 1967 Toro for sale that's a driver. $700. I'm not going to look at it because if I do I'll probably drag it home and the driveway is already full

John
Nope, I'm looking for the part of the bumper itself... The two end-pieces. Should have specified it's a '66, but you seem to have grasped that :P
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:41 PM

Nope, I'm looking for the part of the bumper itself... The two end-pieces. Should have specified it's a '66, but you seem to have grasped that :P
Sorry, no good ones at this time. Yes, it seems like most of these "ears" got wacked at sometime! Did you see this one yet?

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...rting-out.html
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM

Sorry, no good ones at this time. Yes, it seems like most of these "ears" got wacked at sometime! Did you see this one yet?

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...rting-out.html
Naw, I've been too enamored with my new truck to do any Oldsmobile part shopping lately :P I'll give it a check though and see if he's got one, thanks for the link!

Really, my entire front bumper needs replacing, but you only notice the damage to the center portion if you look closely at it. The 'horns' as I call them, are visible from a distance, big lines of rust where the chrome was scratched completely through.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by drop top olds
I know where a complete 68 Tornado is. I was thinking about getting it for the motor. If there is enough interest in other parts I might get the entire car. The interior looks to be complete. There is some minor body damage to the drivers front quarter and the hood (creased). It is a southern car so shouldn't too rusty....

Let me know what to look for...
Steve
Hi there I am after the rear tail lamp lenses if you could help thanks johney
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Justin

I know where there is a 1972 I was thinking of getting it I am only intersted in the 455 it has if there is interest in the parts I might go and grab it ?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM

Hi there I need 68 parts I've newly completed the whole car I'm missing the rear tail light lenses so that's all I need at the moment thanks again johney