66 toro turn signal switch broke! Need Pics!

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2011, 05:58 PM

66 toro turn signal switch broke! Need Pics!

I was too anxious to drive my 66 Toro, got in with my work pants on and snapped off the blinker stalk. It dangled from the column, shorting the horn until I pulled it out. I finally got a steering wheel puller, got into the column, ordered a new cam from RockAuto but now I'm stuck. I got the new cam in, the column "cuff" (the steel cylinder just behind the steering wheel) on but I don't seem to know how to attach the blinker stalk! how frustrating! If anyone has their wheel off and could snap a pic of what it looks like in working order I would be extremely greatful. I must be missing a part as I cannot get this thing to work.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
Jeff
Old July 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM

Jeff-
It's been 15 years or better since I had my 66, but if I remember correctly the end of the turn signal stalk should be flat with a hole for a screw to attach it to the turn signal cam. I think later models had the end of the stalk threaded where they screwed into the cam. If you still have the old cam check to see if the end with the screw is still attached- if the end broke off the stalk you may have to find a replacement. Hope this helps.
Russ