Parts identification

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2020, 08:27 PM

Intake Manifold Parts identification

Hello all, got elbow deep in some work today and got this thing done ! So, hopefully I can get some timely advice on exactly what I’m working with so I can replace em and put it all back together right. So I’ve removed my intake, after MANY a vacuum lines, and I’ve got 4 parts: two I wonder if I can simply plug off or if I need, and two valves (I assume?).

-Here I’m assuming rearward most is the heater valve? I could be wrong and its my first time doing this, but thats what I’ve been lead ot believe. Now the one towards my index finger is the other I need help in identifying? It has a vacuum line and an electrical plug attached to it that was attached to a line running behind the block along the firewall.

-Here the plug to the left is a 3 hose connector used to house vacuum lines running from the carburetor if I remember correctly; I DO have more photos if needed. But the same goes for the plug to the right, housed a vacuum line off the carb.

My plans are to clean it (currently soaking on a blanket COVERED in Easy Off, prime and paint it, then reattach to the block with a dejetted Edelbrock, so Im sure I should have a much cleaner engine bay. Any and all help is appreciated, thank you for entertaining my sillyness !

Last edited by EsoWuhn; April 6th, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old April 5th, 2020, 08:38 PM

Your right about the one closest to the firewall is the heater valve. Sorry, I'm not familiar with your vintage of car. Please add what year/displacement of engine your working on.
John
Old April 5th, 2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Your right about the one closest to the firewall is the heater valve. Sorry, I'm not familiar with your vintage of car. Please add what year/displacement of engine your working on.
John

Thanks 2Blu, I just broke that btw, lol. Im working on a 1980 Delta 88, 350 motor. 77-80 block for specifics...
Old April 5th, 2020, 09:18 PM

Also might I add the one vacuum port in the rear, as well as the odd EGR-like port opposite the EGR Valve. Would I have to get another EGR block off plate and block that too as well ? Thank you again gents !

Old April 6th, 2020, 08:49 AM

Th

is is a close view of that sensor located on the rear passenger side of the intake. Also, looking for a new heater valve I see that the one available is threaded. Would it make a difference buying a threaded one and clamping my heater hose to the threads ? Thanks...
Old April 6th, 2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by EsoWuhn
as well as the odd EGR-like port opposite the EGR Valve. Would I have to get another EGR block off plate and block that too as well ?
That is the heater for the choke. If you are not using a QuadraJet with the hot air choke, then you can simply remove that metal tube and leave the plate in place. If you are using a QJet with the hot air choke, you need the short tube that connects to the choke housing.
Old April 8th, 2020, 01:46 PM

Figured I’d post photos of the semi finished product. Know I’ll be confused hooking the carb back up, as I’m deleting my cruise control, but i think i’ll make it through.

Before:

After:

Old April 8th, 2020, 07:02 PM

Wow! That cleaned up nice. Love that model Of Delta, I spent a lot of my teen years riding shotgun in one of those.
Old April 24th, 2020, 01:09 PM

all hooked up. No leaks, but was a pain to fiddle with the tv cable. On the plus side, i never thought a th250c could shift so effortlessly.

strange thing is i had to pull a heater valve for a 79 350, because the one for the 80 had a 5/8 fitting instead of the 3/4. Timed it to 20* and set the carb as well, runs a heck of a lot better than it did before.
Old April 24th, 2020, 03:51 PM

Good job!!
Old April 24th, 2020, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Good job!!

preciate ya !