Broken fuel line

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
Jim if remember correctly the ac compressor does not run that close to the area i belive they sit close to the valve cover. Ah yeas the steel line barb is my fault should have been steel line , barb fittings,. My fault on that one. That little comma always throws ya off dont it ? I wanna see if i can find a product call a steel line barb. That proves how you pick my post apart becasue most people would probably see it for what it was worth but now you are on a war path and any little thing you can use you use. It's like an argument with my fiance anything she can use she will try to . Also fwiw he could get a better fit notice how i used a 45 degree elbow at the pump .
Your punctuation and spelling throw me off because they are unclear, like so many of your posts. You get mad when I "assume" yet you want us to read your mind. So, let me get this right. You use a fitting, then a piece of hose with clamps, then a steel line, then another hose with clamps, then another fitting? If that is the case then why are there only fittings and hose and no steel line in your pic? BS Also, in regards to the a/c, you are discounting the large bracket that blocks most of the space.

BTW, your fuel set up would NOT pass TECH at our track. Also, clean job on the trans cooling lines. Nice!
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I have line up on the carb and behind the pump feed line. It passes tech at both local tracks. gets the job done. The trans lines are the originals routed out of heats way. they look close to teh headers but stay cool enough. I never said my stuff was fancy it gets the job done and it has for many years with out flaw. Now im finally decided to get a little fancy. It might look ugly but it has ran faster than guys who have spent much more than me so win win for this guy. I dont have alot of extra money to spend., so cheap and functional is the key here. I work on high end cars all day for snobby customers so i know how to do things down to a tee but i have more fun this way and kind of throwing that whole olds is more expensive thing out the window.

Last edited by coppercutlass; May 23rd, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:16 PM

I have some old tupperware bowls with lids that look like that.
That's too funny! I remember that Tupperware.
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
That's too funny! I remember that Tupperware.
See a resemblance?
I think it is a cool look myself.

Old May 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM

Wow! I looked at this post because I could not imagine how there could be 2 pages of posts on a broken fuel line. Now I understand.
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Who'd a thunk it huh!
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM

I have a brandy new metal prebent one with the correct flare fittings on the end. OEM GM. Part number 22506485 for 307 V8.

$16.00 shipped.
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM

Wow, first we had 50+ posts on how to fill a empty cooling system, now 40+ posts on replacing a fuel line, what's next?, 50 or so posts on how to change out an air filter?...........It's amusing to say the least.........
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 1970-W30
Wow, first we had 50+ posts on how to fill a empty cooling system, now 40+ posts on replacing a fuel line, what's next?, 50 or so posts on how to change out an air filter?...........It's amusing to say the least.........
I can be an argumentative PITA, but I will continue to dispute bad advice. Installing a rubber fuel hose on a stock 307 is a bad idea, nobody can claim otherwise considering the stock steel line is available for $20. If my "arguing" keeps somebody from having an under hood fire, then it is worth it. IMHO.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM

It's a holiday weekend. Im not gonna bother explaining something.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/cap...ml?sort=3&o=17

Is that rubber fuel line I see in jims car that's for sale ? I wonder if he has had fire yet. Can you say troll. and he has ac. and zip ties
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM

That line does look a bit too close to that AC belt...
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:24 PM

I guess it's do as I say not as I do. I guess he did a bad job on his own car per his standards of what he said. I find this ironic among other things I would call it hypocritical.
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:20 AM

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/cap...ml?sort=3&o=17

Is that rubber fuel line I see in jims car that's for sale ? I wonder if he has had fire yet. Can you say troll. and he has ac. and zip ties
No Fuc*wad, that is a steel line, covered in the heat sleeve to prevent vapor lock. Very short pieces of hose used for connection purposes only. You are a hack and a Moron.
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:24 AM

I guess it's do as I say not as I do. I guess he did a bad job on his own car per his standards of what he said. I find this ironic among other things I would call it hypocritical.
You can continue to try and make me look stupid, but it isn't going to work. I am much smarter than you and have many more years experience. That is a 3/8" steel line, I would NEVER run a rubber hose, much less attach it to a steel bracket. Oops, remove foot friom big, fat mouth..........................
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
That line does look a bit too close to that AC belt...
It isn't as close as it looks, due to the angle. And again, it is a steel line secured to the bracket, so it isn't going anywhere.
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:03 AM

Really jim because I see a hose clamp there. attached to the carburetor feed line. Also last I remember those fuel filters like the one you have have barbs on the end. regardless you used rubber hose .I think you should practice what you preach. Im wating for that carb fire. You can call me a hack and whatever you want but I have had no issue with my stuff . For someone against rubber fuel line I think I should see none under there.

I would NEVER run a rubber hose, much less attach it to a steel bracket. Oops, remove foot friom big, fat mouth..........................

This make no sense because you did run rubber hose to the feed line. Here is what also does not make sense. If you made those fuel lines out of 3/8 steel line then whoul wouldn't you try to route is much tighter . You call me a hack yet you use one of the elcheapo dual feedlines and rubber lines give me crap and say how it's unsafe and could cause an underhood fire. for someone who used that as argument I think its hypocritical . Im just worried one of those hose clamps can come loose and you might have an engine fire or maybe even the hose can crack and split .Insert sarcasm here. You can have all the experience you want jim that's not my point . My point is you are a troll you should practice what you preach I know I do and im honest about it and share pics even if I kow other people will give me greif but guess what it's real first hand experience. I don't tell people to no use rubber fuel line then use it for " connection purposes" on my car.

Last edited by coppercutlass; June 4th, 2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:29 AM

I bought a cheap flare kit from NAPA years ago. The fuel line in the pic below took me 20 minutes to bend, flare and install before work one day last week. It's cheap and easy. In tight areas like this I use a piece of tie wire to mock up the bends required. It gets you close enough almost every time.

Old June 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM

Really jim because I see a hose clamp there. attached to the carburetor feed line. Also last I remember those fuel filters like the one you have have barbs on the end. regardless you used rubber hose .I think you should practice what you preach. Im wating for that carb fire. You can call me a hack and whatever you want but I have had no issue with my stuff . For someone against rubber fuel line I think I should see none under there.

I would NEVER run a rubber hose, much less attach it to a steel bracket. Oops, remove foot friom big, fat mouth..........................

This make no sense because you did run rubber hose to the feed line. Here is what also does not make sense. If you made those fuel lines out of 3/8 steel line then whoul wouldn't you try to route is much tighter . You call me a hack yet you use one of the elcheapo dual feedlines and rubber lines give me crap and say how it's unsafe and could cause an underhood fire. for someone who used that as argument I think its hypocritical . Im just worried one of those hose clamps can come loose and you might have an engine fire or maybe even the hose can crack and split .Insert sarcasm here. You can have all the experience you want jim that's not my point . My point is you are a troll you should practice what you preach I know I do and im honest about it and share pics even if I kow other people will give me greif but guess what it's real first hand experience. I don't tell people to no use rubber fuel line then use it for " connection purposes" on my car.
You are a complete idiot. Rubber feed lines are used, why???? Because an engine MOVES, dumb-fvck. Solid lines would crack. I never said short pieces of rubber hose were not OK, never. The clamps aren't the issue, it is the rubber rubbing up against something or moving. I promise you, that line on my car ain't going anywhere.

You camm me a "troll" then purposely make posts knowing that you will continue a thread was was dead? You started it now, I have a LOT of time and will be reading every post you make quite thoroughly.........
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM

So you are telling me your carb and fuel pump move so you cannot do a solid line. Wow. I understand tank to pump feed line but pump to carb having movement. I never heard that one. I also wil say my line ain't going anywhere been running the same hoses for years no issue.
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:30 AM

So you are telling me your carb and fuel pump move so you cannot do a solid line. Wow. I understand tank to pump feed line but pump to carb having movement. I never heard that one. I also wil say my line ain't going anywhere been running the same hoses for years no issue.

You are so fvcking ignorant that it is scary. Yes, the ENGINE (fuel pump does bolt to the engine) moves on the motor mounts as it torques up in relation to the fuel line which is fixed on the frame. Have you EVER seen a car with a SOLID fuel line running from the line to the pump?
Keep talking dipsh1t, the hole keeps getting deeper.
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:34 AM

What a dumb-a$$. LOL Yes, the engine moves on the mounts, that is why there is a flexible hose between the line and pump. I said FEED line, I never said the line between the pump and carb moves. You are making stuff up, obviously arguing for it's sake. Definition of a troll. But, keep talking, every time you post you look even more ignorant, if that is possible.
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:38 AM

What. I'm talking about your rubber splices from your fuel pump to carb here. That's what I been talking about the whole time. I did say. Carb feed line earlier. So what's your excuse on not making that line solid. You are obviously not reading that carefully. Because I explaine the tank to pump being flexible and that's understandable. But why does you pump to carb need rubber. Seems like you hacked it . I never said anything about your tank to pump line I can't even see it.
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:44 AM

I know the engine will flex on the mounts but I'm talking specifically pump to carb nothing else. It seems you are trying so hard to avoid why you hacked you lines with unsafe rubber hoses. In you attempts you fail. You wnet on about how unsafe rubber was etc etc. Now I call you out on your own car and sections are fine just like the op could have used a small section to fix his leak . I'm done here.You obviously have shown your true colors . If you where fine with small sections then a small section to fix a leak would be fine with you since you are fine with small sections. This whole thing here was about rubber lines not being safe even for a repair. You are just trying to prove you weren't arguing for the sake of arguing now that I called you out. Kinda pathetic.

Last edited by coppercutlass; June 4th, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM

I know the engine will flex on the mounts but I'm talking specifically pump to carb nothing else. It seems you are trying so hard to avoid why you hacked you lines with unsafe rubber hoses. In you attempts you fail. You wnet on about how unsafe rubber was etc etc. Now I call you out on your own car and sections are fine just like the op could have used a small section to fix his leak . I'm done here.You obviously have shown your true colors . If you where fine with small sections then a small section to fix a leak would be fine with you since you are fine with small sections. This whole thing here was about rubber lines not being safe even for a repair. You are just trying to prove you weren't arguing for the sake of arguing now that I called you out. Kinda pathetic.
This statement is completely disingenuous, and everybody knows it. Read post #8 on this thread. I just stated that IN THIS APPLICATION, when a stock steel line was available for $20, that steel is a much better and safer choice. The line from the pump to the carb should be steel. I never said no rubber hose should ever be used, it is neccessary to use short pieces for connections. There is a barb on the dual feed line, the only way to connect it is with a hose. I NEVER said clamps were a problem. You dredged this old thread up to do what you always do, you get offended when anyone disagrees with you. All you ended up doing is looking stupid.
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM

No I don't get offended but you obviously had something to prove by name calling. I won't copy and paste the post you edited. Again just like you gave me crap because it seemed like I suggested something when in reality I didn't. I did the same you have done on many of my past post's. Kinda ticks ya off right when people do that right.
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:28 PM

Any further arguments, trolling, name calling, etc. will be addressed with infractions.
No further warnings will be made. End it now please.