Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1973 full-size front bumper

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2010 | 10:52 AM

1973 full-size front bumper

In very good, unmolested condition considering that it's 37 years old. Would fit a 1973 Delta 88, 98, or Custom Cruiser wagon. The rubber strip is nicked here and there as you can see in the photos, which is not unexpected for a used piece. But it's really not bad if you don't have anything or if what you have is considerably worse There is no rust on the outer surface and only a few scratches as I've tried to show in the latter two photos. The inner surface of the outer part of the bumper has minor surface rust here and there consistent with the age and not at all an issue. You keep this bumper dry, and it will look good, even if you do nothing to it, for another 50 years.

I've weighed this, and it comes in at 76 lbs. Figure on at least 80 with packaging. UPS Ground on something like this is in the $80 to $90 dollar range, depending on distance. I'm in southeast Ohio (zip code 45701) if you want to find your own shipping service. If you're not that far away, it might be worth just driving over and picking it up in person. $90 buys an overnight in a cheap hotel, gasoline, and a meal or two at McDonalds, and you can see it in person before you buy it. Make a little vacation out of it and see the beautiful rolling hills of southeastern Ohio AND get a nice bumper along the way. Bring the wife and kids!

I'm asking a dollar a pound for this. $75 plus the shipping mentioned above. Firm price. I've seen worse than this selling for $50 more. I'm not looking to make a fortune, but I'm not looking to give it away. But I'd like to see it go for a fair price to someone who will make good use of it. These get harder to come by every day, especially ones in this good a condition. If I don't sell it, I'll keep it and maybe find another '73 to put it on. It's that good.

If interested, send me a PM and we can exchange emails and/or phone numbers privately. Thank you.

I'm also willing to throw in, if you want them, at no additional charge except for shipping, two "energy absorbers." These are the shock absorber-like mounts that the bumper mounts to on the car. They weigh about 5 lbs each, and I'd have to ship them separately because it will be hard enough to come up with a box for the bumper, and I don't want to try to put these in with it. I'd rather put them in a separate box. Figure on about $15 to $20 to ship these.

Last edited by jaunty75; June 16th, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old December 11th, 2016 | 07:16 PM
Gearhead in training

Still available??
Old December 11th, 2016 | 07:20 PM

Not a chance. Sold it less than a month after this was posted.
Old December 11th, 2016 | 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Northern Custom Cruiser
Still available??
I have one that needs to be rechromed . Very solid . No inner support or impact strip .