The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Profile pic wont friggin upload

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Profile pic wont friggin upload

no matter what I do, the profile pic wont upload.. it's well below acceptable size, someone interject plz before I throw the laptop against the wall...

thanks
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by nj_cutlass72
no matter what I do, the profile pic wont upload.. it's well below acceptable size, someone interject plz before I throw the laptop against the wall...thanks
Hey, put that laptop down.....
What option are you using to upload? 1 or 2? and what happens, does the progress bar just freeze up or what? If you use option 2 and copy the URL from your web page it doesn't matter what size the pic is because it's not hosted on the C.O. server - you're just linking it to the web page. That's how I had to install my sig pic. The C.O. server won't handle the animation so the pic is actually coming from a link to my photobucket acct.

What you can try in the meantime to see if the problem is with high resolution is go to the picture you're trying to upload and resize it with your picture editor. Choose 'Web Large" and then 'ok'. Go back and see if that works. Are you using a dial up or high speed modem?
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hey, put that laptop down.....
What option are you using to upload? 1 or 2? and what happens, does the progress bar just freeze up or what? If you use option 2 and copy the URL from your web page it doesn't matter what size the pic is because it's not hosted on the C.O. server - you're just linking it to the web page. That's how I had to install my sig pic. The C.O. server won't handle the animation so the pic is actually coming from a link to my photobucket acct.

What you can try in the meantime to see if the problem is with high resolution is go to the picture you're trying to upload and resize it with your picture editor. Choose 'Web Large" and then 'ok'. Go back and see if that works. Are you using a dial up or high speed modem?
Hey Allan,

Im using the upload feature, I guess I could upload to a webpage and link URL but I thought a pic way under size and pixels would have worked.

The weather was 40+ here on east coast so I took the cutlass for a spin, feel much better so the laptop is safe

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
car.jpg (1.5 KB, 36 views)
Old December 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by nj_cutlass72
Im using the upload feature, I guess I could upload to a webpage and link URL but I thought a pic way under size and pixels would have worked.
You're not kidding that the image was small. Usually when you upload an image the 'attached thumbnails' at the bottom of the post will open up when you clik on it. The one of your vert won't do that. Are you sure you didn't make the image waaay to small? In the process of installing pics in your post, even if the original image was a bit big, the C.O. server will convert it into a smaller more manageable image (unless you have a mega pic). Try something else as a test and see how it works. You might have something related to a corrupted file with that one pic. Just a guess, but give it a try and see if it works.

I'm glad you had a chance to drive your car today. I'm somewhat envious. The weather here was about 33° but the roads are crap with all the sand and rocks. Not taking my car out in that stuff.

The pic I'm inserting here is from 'My Pictures' and originally exists as 2048X1536 and is 896 kb in size. The server will 'modify it to fit'. The other thing you might want to to when you're in 'manage attachements' is go full screen so you can see the progress bar during the upload. You might be thinking the upload isn't happening just because there is no 'instant' reaction when you hit upload?

EDIT: I just compared our 2 posts. Yours shows an 'attached image'. Mine shows an attached thumbnail. Suggest you try going advanced, select the 'paper clip' which will open the opton for attaching larger thumbnail pics. Give that a try ok?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1787.jpg (82.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Allan R; December 30th, 2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old December 30th, 2011, 03:22 PM

ok allan big dilemma its 33 there you have a running car and cant drive it..

its 70 im still working on mine and cant drive it ,,

i think i got it worse
Old December 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Charles Ludwick
ok allan big dilemma its 33 there you have a running car and cant drive it..

its 70 im still working on mine and cant drive it ,,

i think i got it worse
Ah ha ha ha ha ha! OMG you make me laugh! Actually you do have it worse. If it was 70 here, I would be out working on mine too and trust me, it wouldn't be driveable then. I'd be pulling the cooling system and engine. Either way, I wouldn't be driving it. We both got it bad.....
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

I can whip up a sigline like mine below or others on the site and host it for you LMK.........