The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to Oldsmobile and hit the Jackpot

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2023, 07:04 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by BEYRES
This is the worst spot/hole. Talking with Stephen, at some point someone installed a vinyl top. All documents and tags Stephen and I reviewed shows from factory it did not have one. Well, unfortunately, that top seems to have caused the most damage. Ate a hole in it and the roof is pretty rough. Quarters are a bit beat up. And there is just a few bad spots in only the drivers side floor pan
Until that time Eustis...

Old June 8th, 2023, 04:51 AM
Bfg

Convertible conversion
Old June 8th, 2023, 07:52 AM

Hmmm... I have a hunch this might be the Llama pen W30 from this thread... Best wishes with the car!

Llama Pen W30
Old June 8th, 2023, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 4+4+2=10
Hmmm... I have a hunch this might be the Llama pen W30 from this thread... Best wishes with the car!

Llama Pen W30
I would bet thats the same car…
Old June 8th, 2023, 09:23 AM

OMFG!! 😳😳😳 I have Frosty the Llama's car! There was a little story I heard when I grabbed this car but never heard of the Llama pen. 🤣🤣🤣 that is 100% the car. Hands down. Now my goal is to get her running again and I will get a custom license that says "FROSTY" she is rough, but I still think it's worth saving, and again only way a normal guy like me can get a car like this is to steal it from a Llama 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I honestly think that is a pretty cool story!
Old June 8th, 2023, 10:19 AM

You guys crack me up! I did not know that @4+4+2=10 blue words were a link.....until after reading your post @BEYRES I literally Googled "Frosty The Llama's Car"----thinking maybe I'd come across a good read about about your W30 being some wicked drag car from back in the day (you know, those goofy names--this could've been one of those names!). Guess how disappointed I was when a bunch of cartoon characters showed up on that search. Then I went back and clicked on the link provided.

Now I get it And that is a funny story!
Old June 8th, 2023, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BEYRES
OMFG!! 😳😳😳 I have Frosty the Llama's car! There was a little story I heard when I grabbed this car but never heard of the Llama pen. 🤣🤣🤣 that is 100% the car. Hands down. Now my goal is to get her running again and I will get a custom license that says "FROSTY" she is rough, but I still think it's worth saving, and again only way a normal guy like me can get a car like this is to steal it from a Llama 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I honestly think that is a pretty cool story!
Did you purchase this directly from Max 442? Sometime back he mentioned in a private message to me that he had a roof / sail panel from a donor car. He is from Hays KS and it would be worth the drive to buy that from him if he still has it.
Old June 8th, 2023, 01:30 PM

More on the broadcast card(s) in this thread. My money is on this car being a legit w30.

More info here.
Old June 8th, 2023, 02:14 PM

I did not purchase directly from Max 442. I have since sent him a message on here regarding this car. He sold it to a restoration company that planned on restoring and putting it up for auction. Well they stored it inside as well, and they just couldn't get to it. They put it up for sale and I jumped on it. Now I'm a little nervous knowing I'm the 3rd person to buy with intentions of restoring having it stored inside. 😳 I have those broadcast cards, and the original dealer warranty paperwork, and original protecto plate card, as well as the sail panels. I didn't get the story of the Llama pen. I promise all of you, if I get this car restored the picture of "Frosty the llama" will go on a story board to put out and I will get the plate "FROSTY" because I think the story is hilarious. Also I have been in contact with Stephen Minore working to authenticate this car. Thank you for the info on this. This site has been great.
Old June 8th, 2023, 02:31 PM

Good...glad you have the extras. This will be a big task and hopefully you will be able to do some/most of this yourself to help minimize costs. Plenty of help round here for the asking. Don't be shy and welcome aboard!

tc
Old June 8th, 2023, 06:00 PM

Focus on getting it running first.. see what demons need overcome in that arena. If you have decent mechanical knowledge and some time you can do a lot yourself..then start looking at which areas of the body you are comfortable taking on. You may have to hire some help on some areas. Remember you wanted the car and knew it was a project..Owning a nice driver is in my opinion more fun than owning a full blown resto. So unless you’re the person that wants to do a full blown resto don’t get caught up in that..Many folks are very very talented and doing detailed resto work is their dream..nothing wrong with that..just know what you want along with your capabilities and have fun with the car..Don’t let it become an albatross around your neck per se..
As the saying goes, the way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time..😊
Old June 13th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Escape From The Ordinary

Very cool W-30! Congrats on the score.