The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Introductions

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Posted One phot but it is not showing up. Just have the buyers remorse a little not knowing if I got a fair deal.
Old May 25th, 2010, 01:37 PM

Next I just want to get the car running well and go threw it fixing things like the brakes and getting the wiring all connected back again. The past owner disconnected alot of wires for what reason I do not know.
Old May 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM

Brake pads

Does anybody know the best Brand or type of pads to use on front drum Brakes. I really want to install Disc but I think that will be down the road a little.
Old March 31st, 2012, 06:24 AM

Howdy everybody! First things first... My name is Steve, and I am the proud owner of a 1979 Cutlass S , and a 1983 H/O. The S is a project, getting a 1969 Ram Rod 350, and maybe even converted to a stick shift... The '83 is just that, a H/O....
I have loved Oldsmmobiles since I was young, and have owned several. I look forward to meeting some of you, and having great times in our Rocket cars!
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM

Intro from Erk in Portland OR

Hello fellow "Oldsmobilers"

I've been an Oldsmobile enthusiast since the purchase of my '73 Delta 88 Royale 2dr hdtp in September of 1995. It had 57K miles and I became it's second and last owner. It sports original honey beige paint, newer brown vinyl top, custom interior, the original 350 worked over by Larson & King aka Portland Engine Rebuilders, now .030 over speed pro forged pistons, engle cam, balanced internals, MSD/HEI, edelbrock intake, hooker super-comps -- re worked suspension, One inch trim coil springs -- That's enough for now as I could go on and on about my Delta -- Chassis dyno'd at 230 rwhp and 290 ft lbs -- not to bad for an engine that started with 150 net hp -- Peace Out Erik
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN6985.jpg (106.6 KB, 6 views)
DSCN2798.jpg (105.7 KB, 7 views)
DSCN7119.jpg (89.8 KB, 7 views)
DSCN5333.jpg (58.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by delta7388; March 31st, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:02 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by newowner
Does anybody know the best Brand or type of pads to use on front drum Brakes. I really want to install Disc but I think that will be down the road a little.
First I want to welcome you to CO. I think that for stock brake parts Wagner makes good stuff. They have a line of semi-metallic pads and shoes called Thermoquiet. If your car has drum brakes then the actual part is called a 'shoe' not a pad.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM

Hello, long time viewer, first time poster. Been working on my 49
model 76 2 door fastback. Pretty decent shape, it's almost a driver now. Not going over the top on this one, just something to have fun with. Was dad's car, been in storage for the last 25 years or so, just finally decided to give the old girl some attention, get her back on the road where she belongs! Gave it a good tune up and carb rebuild, purrs like a kitty! Big flathead six is just too cool! After finishing some wiring and minor radiator and water pump issues, we should be on the streets. Can't wait!
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM

Newbie with a big project

Hey guys I think this is where im supposed to put this, my name is Grant. I have a 70 Cutlass SX with a 455. I started a frame off about a year ago, its finally picking up some steam. So far I have blasted and powder coated the frame, blasted and primed the body and panels, I got a Strange S60 rear end with 3.73 gears, Hotchkiss TVS, and just got the Wilwood Dynalite Pro brakes front and rear ordered they should be here in a week or so. Its not going to be as original as many of your beautiful cars but im planning on making her pretty fast so i wanted to update everything a little. I have saved my self a lot of time reading on this site, thought id introduce myself and say hello and thanks

Grant
Dallas tx