The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hi All!

Old September 11th, 2018, 01:33 PM

Hi All!

I've been a fan of Oldsmobile Cutlass' since the 70s. During my 70s high school days, I had some buddies who had them (one was a '71 Cutlass, another had a '72 Cutlass Supreme and a third friend had a '69 442 convertible) and I fell in love with all of the cars. I had a '72 Cutlass Supreme convertible about 10 years ago but, sadly, I let it get away. I've started researching the market again and I'm looking to fill my empty garage bay with a '70, '71 or '72 in the near future. I'm learning a lot that I didn't know by reading the forum. Thanks for the insights!
Old September 11th, 2018, 01:54 PM

Welcome aboard
Old September 11th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome. Are you looking at CL or other websites? One of our members maintains a site that deals specifically with Oldsmobile for sale Check out Oldsmobile Central.com You might find something you'd like.
Old September 11th, 2018, 04:09 PM

Welcome. Where in Arizona are you? The local Olds Club may be able to help you locate a car - sometimes folks sell one in order to get a different one.

If you're in the Phoenix area, head over to The Scottsdale Pavilions on the 4th Saturday of any month at 5pm and there will be a buncha Oldsmobiles in the last row for the monthly Club meeting, along with a couple hundred other cars.
https://azoldsclub.com/
Old September 11th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Good luck in your search... Some member here may even have what you are searching for...
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:48 AM

You Guys are Great!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I wish that I had found this site several months ago when I started on my quest for another Cutlass (I could've avoided a lot of internet scammers and I wouldn't have logged so many air and road miles chasing cars that weren't what they were represented to be). Then again, if I had found the site sooner, I might never have had the "opportunity" to come across so many people like the "dentist" who's currently living in Italy who had a pristine '72 442 for sale here in the States at a bargain price which could have been mine if only I'd wired the funds to his designated "escrow agent." ;-)

I'm looking forward to attending the Olds Club meeting in Phoenix later this month. It sounds like an adrenaline boost just waiting to happen when I see all of the cars lined up in a row!