The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

First time-go easy

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2009, 05:46 PM

First time-go easy

Learned about the site from my brother who I will allow to confirm or deny my existence. We were having a conversation about the 02 Alero I "bought" by marrying my wife. Love them both. Unfortunately one has been nothing but problems, but luckily it's the car. I was told this could be a great resource for help on the road to repairing it.

As an introduction I would like to say that I love the hobby, enjoy the community that it develops, and hope it survives beyond any of us. I do not currently own any of the pinnacle era classics such as a 71 442 that I've always wanted ever since I had the hot wheel, but still have my fingers crossed for "someday." I have many more "wants" than funds, as I'm sure is the case with most of us here. I can say that my current project- far too many years in the making- is melding an 81 wagon with an el camino. I pray that I will complete it within my lifetime.

With that said, to all: Hello and Thank-you

Jed
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM

Welcome I'm two days new myself. So whats wrong with the Alero?
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM

welcome to both of you. i am only a few months old myself. let us know what you are having trouble with and we will see if we can help.
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:36 PM

welcome to co guys
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Thanks jensen, When my dad bought his brand new '70 Toro GT. On the showroom floor of Lindale Olds in Bloomington Minnesota or I guess it was Richfield was a rallye 350, a Toro up on it's side with mirrors on the floor so you could see underneath it and a four door 98. Just a memory of a nine year old kid.
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome and offers of help. I was gonna wait til I could post to the "Alero" specific site and not tie-up the intro area with my problems-which at the moment seem numerous. Again, thanks and appreciate it.
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by oldsguard
Learned about the site from my brother who I will allow to confirm or deny my existence. We were having a conversation about the 02 Alero I "bought" by marrying my wife. Love them both. Unfortunately one has been nothing but problems, but luckily it's the car. I was told this could be a great resource for help on the road to repairing it.

As an introduction I would like to say that I love the hobby, enjoy the community that it develops, and hope it survives beyond any of us. I do not currently own any of the pinnacle era classics such as a 71 442 that I've always wanted ever since I had the hot wheel, but still have my fingers crossed for "someday." I have many more "wants" than funds, as I'm sure is the case with most of us here. I can say that my current project- far too many years in the making- is melding an 81 wagon with an el camino. I pray that I will complete it within my lifetime.

With that said, to all: Hello and Thank-you

Jed

I'll confirm it...I'm just not sure it will get you any where Welcome. There are a great group of guys here with A LOT of knowledge. Good to see you Bro.
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:47 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

Are ya'll the only tow brothers who are members?

You can post here and one of the smarter mods can move your thread to the Aero site.
Old June 25th, 2009, 05:35 AM

Welcom. We look forward to seeing pics. Even though it is an 02 Alero it is still an Olds.
Old June 25th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Captain of my ship

Cool hot wheels

Ok this is the first member in the posts I have read who mentioned collecting hot wheels. Hopefully that was as a kid as I had quite a set of cars myself many , many moons ago I remember saving up so I could buy more and more track , I had so much I used to have my start point on the porch roof and if I am not mistaken had 6 loops before the end. I think I am dating myself here a little.
Welcome to the site by the way and I hope the guys can help you out with your Alero. Your other project sounds interesting , would that be an 81 front and El Camino back? What drivetrain are you going with?
Good luck with both cars
Old June 25th, 2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Ok this is the first member in the posts I have read who mentioned collecting hot wheels. Hopefully that was as a kid as I had quite a set of cars myself many , many moons ago I remember saving up so I could buy more and more track , I had so much I used to have my start point on the porch roof and if I am not mistaken had 6 loops before the end. I think I am dating myself here a little.
Welcome to the site by the way and I hope the guys can help you out with your Alero. Your other project sounds interesting , would that be an 81 front and El Camino back? What drivetrain are you going with?
Good luck with both cars
Since we're dating oursleves. We had a 24 hour Lemans in a dorm room in college with "Slot cars" that eventually overloaded something that turned the ole dorm black.
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Since we're dating oursleves. We had a 24 hour Lemans in a dorm room in college with "Slot cars" that eventually overloaded something that turned the ole dorm black.
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Angry

When I was twelve I thought "I'm not a kid anymore" and gave all of my hotwheels, matchbox away to an unworthy kid. They could've been my retirement. I had em all.
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:03 PM

All those different toys could have probably paid for a few more rides...hot wheels and matchbox and gi joe and transformers etc. But c'mon you wouldn't have sold them. They'd be up on a shelf in the shop next to the classic service station signs. At least that's what I have planned for the ones still hiding in a box when I organize the garage/shop a bit more.
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:09 PM

As far as the wagon/camino hybrid. It's really in the awkward stage, as I should take some pics to more easily show it, but it's camino roof placed into the wagon making it a two door. It utilizes the camino a and b-pillars with the wing window. The drive train has yet to be determined. Don't know if I want an easy daily driver type 350-700R4, which I have the requisite motor and trans already, or a stump pulling torque machine would be a lot more fun, but would require some purchases/finds and I would have to mod a rear end to keep under it then.
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM

I'm only 48 so they would've been on display and still waiting for my retirement. Now I collect 1/18 scale diecast. I should've stuck with hotwheels they don't need as much space. Then about two years ago I got real stupid and started collecting vintage stereo gear. Talk about a space problem. I've come to senses and sold most of that off, just keeping a few choice pieces. I've always been a collector of one thing or another.