1970 W-31 Again

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2019, 06:40 AM

1970 W-31 Again

Has anyone else ever sold one of their Oldsmobiles and instantly regretted it. For me it was this one. Sold it to a friend 18 years ago who drove it about a 1000 miles and stored it.I bought it back yesterday.Im not planning on doing anything with the body or interior, just a lot of mechanical work.It has 57000 original miles, 4 speed, 3.91 posi.

Old May 26th, 2019, 07:22 AM

My '70 W-30 convertible. HATED to see it go, and it was only because of a move. I still see it every now and then, and it's falling apart. Of course the new owner has joined the "I'm gonna fix it up someday" club, and will only sell it back to me at an insane price, because "you know how much these sell for at Barrett".... REALLY happy you were able to get yours back!!!
Old May 26th, 2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by frmrocket
Has anyone else ever sold one of their Oldsmobiles and instantly regretted it. For me it was this one. Sold it to a friend 18 years ago who drove it about a 1000 miles and stored it.I bought it back yesterday.Im not planning on doing anything with the body or interior, just a lot of mechanical work.It has 57000 original miles, 4 speed, 3.91 posi.

Well hopefully the repurchase didn't cost you dearly. Beautiful car. Lucky guy.
Wayne

Old May 26th, 2019, 08:32 AM

W31 repurchase

I bought and sold my W31 3 times. The first time I sold it I needed the money. A few years later while looking through Hemming after Christmas I saw it was for sale by the individual I had sold it to. We agreed on purchase price I rented trailer and brought it home. Several years later I got the bug for a Street rod and against wife and daughters wishes I sold it to a dealer in Virginia who sold it to PJs classic cars in Florida who sold it for crazy money to an individual in Georgia. A few years later I saw it listed for sale on 442.com. I contacted the owner but he wanted way too much for her. Then about a year later he contacted me and advised he had a deal I couldn't refuse. The w350 intake had rotted away and had a hole in it. Apparently, he didn't want to fix it or spend the money. I stopped by his place on my way home from Daytona bike week and checked out the vehicle. We agreed on a price and a month later I returned with trailer in tow and brought her back home to NJ once again. I located a correct intake had it cleaned up by Hibernia Auto Restorations and I installed the intake, cleaned up the engine compartment along with compounding all the scratches out from his cat and polished it up. He definitely drove the vehicle and enjoyed it. And once again I got the bug for something else and sold it again to a neighbor who still has it today. I have thought about contacting him and see if he wanted to sell it. But I haven't done so as of yet. Fortunately, each time I sold the vehicle I made a profit so it was worth it and it was fun following the vehicle around from owner to dealer to owner etc. Yes, I had fun with that vehicle and miss it. Now I currently have a 72 442 hard top coupe and a 64 Cutlass 4speed hard top coupe. Which I am really enjoying. Sorry for the long post.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 09:02 AM
Escape From The Ordinary

Great W-31! Can you add it to the registry? w31registry.com

Thanks
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:40 AM

Absolutely stunning. Can see why you wanted it back! What a great color combo too!