Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2010, 07:34 AM

Floor Mats

Lokking to get some floor mats quickly from Walmart,Autozone,Oreilly's,Car quest. Anybody have a preference on who carries somethoing that will get me by for today? Just put in new carpet and do not feel like waiting for two weeks to get them.
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:36 AM

If you just want something to protect the new carpet then get a set of cheapies at WalMart. If you want originals check out Fusicks or Year One.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:15 PM

Went to Walmart! they will do for now
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Oldsdruid

Am I the only one who's noticed new generic floor mats are pretty daggone flimsy? I don't remember Rubbermaid, Rubber Queen, Kraco etc being as thin as the stuff you find now.

Then you're talking to a guy who has a fetish for factory original floor mats . Something about 'em I just like, no matter what car they're for. I really like Ford's transparent vinyl mats from mid 60s, that let the carpet color show thru.
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:43 AM

new generic floor mats are pretty daggone flimsy
I agree.
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:47 PM

Me too~! They sure DON'T make 'em like they used to! (Even the darn floormats anymore! UGH! SIGH! BUT I also like those early Ford ones that were clear and showed the carpet color/texture underneath!
Originally Posted by Olds64
I agree.
Old August 18th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NorTown Olds
Me too~! They sure DON'T make 'em like they used to! (Even the darn floormats anymore! UGH! SIGH! BUT I also like those early Ford ones that were clear and showed the carpet color/texture underneath!
They have the clear ones at The Wal-Mart by me. There's a sort of plain pattern and another with swooshes all over it. They have mats in two sections in the auto department because they have so many.
I had a blue '96 Boneyville and bought heavy rubber reversible Winter/Summer mats for it in the 90's at K-Mart and held on to them when I got rid of the car. I put them in the Vista and they fit and match the color perfect, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.
They almost look factory and I haven't seen anything near as nice for sale anymore, they were made in the USA, may be the reason.
They came in all colors, not just tan and gray like all you see now.
You can get the repo mats in any color you want as long as it's black. Almost all other marques except Olds have colored repo mats?? the colored mats cost more but that never stopped any Oldsmobile guys, or any car guys in general, from buying anything that I know.
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:41 AM

Of course, now-a-days car manufacturers don't install floor mats in their cars because they get stuck under the accelerator and people end up dieing.
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Oldsdruid

That seems to be peculiar to 'Yotas...

Not all transparent vinyl mats were clear. They came in red, green, blue, smoke and gold. One of my favorite ebay searches is NOS floormats.