H/O at Dallas AutoRama

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2020, 03:53 PM

H/O at Dallas AutoRama

A bucket list thing for me, my '69 H/O was entered in the Dallas AutoRama last weekend (02/14-16), along with 5 other Oldsmobiles from the North Texas Olds Club.
I've attended the show many times over the years as a spectator but never had a car worthy of being in such an event.
The gentleman who restored the car was kind enough to trailer it to the show facility for move-in on the 13th. Detailing took some time as I hadn't done much since the H/OCA event at Indy last July.
Fellow CO and NTOC member Joe Munoz worked the NTOC display area Sunday and provided me with helpful tips for engine compartment improvements.
During restoration, the car was painted single-stage. I believe it showed very well in the indoor setting. An attendee who's the owner of a local high-end detail company was very complementary of it as well.
After the event Sunday evening I VERY cautiously drove the H/O "home" to its storage unit. Inspecting it the next morning in sunlight revealed no scratches, etc.
I've tried to convey this before, but I'm so thankful to the CO members who helped me during the resto project - without which this bucket list thing would still be unfulfilled.

Old February 21st, 2020, 06:17 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Tom, the car looked great. Joe really does know his stuff and it is worthwhile listening to him. I am glad you got it home okay and sorry I could not trailer it for you. Great visiting with you. Great car.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 03:10 PM
Olds Fanatic

Tom,
The car looks great!! Glad you were able to display her so proudly!
Old February 22nd, 2020, 04:26 PM

Beautiful car! Next weekend is the Detroit Autorama, this will be the 42nd show I've attended, some awesome rides are displayed to say the least. I think the Ridler award is sought after by the world's greatest/most famous car builder's for some reason. Probably because it's the Motor City?
Old February 24th, 2020, 07:09 AM

Good for you...I never get tired of looking at those 69 H/O cars. Definitely a "type A" personality to them.

tc