General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Holiday coupe

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2016, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
And to prolong the life of this thread a little more, I just purchased the 67 D88 Holiday Coupe that was listed in the Cars for Sale section of the site. I drive out to pick it up this weekend. I have not been well-versed on the full size cars from that vintage so I've been doing some research. I was not previously aware of the taillight or grille differences among the Delmont, D88, and D88 Customs in 1967. Interesting that the upper/lower taillight treatment on the 67 D88 Custom mirrors that of the 67 Supreme as compared to lesser Cutlii that year that only got the upper taillights (as was the case with the lesser D88s).
Another interesting tidbit among the 67 Delta family is that the D88 Custom Holiday Coupe was the only Delta available with bucket seats (which were standard equipment) in 1967. This also mirrors the 67 Cutlass line, were Supremes were the only Cutlii models available with buckets (and apparently why all 67 442s were based on the Supreme). D88 Custom Holiday Sedans got the Strato bench seat (optional in the Custom Holiday Coupe). All Delmonts and D88 more-doors got the regular bench only, and the D88 Holiday Coupe got the sport bench (fold down arm rest) as the only seating choice.
Exactly, it took me some researching to find the differences in the models and Interiors. My mother owned a brand-new 67 Delta custom holiday Coupe just as you described, bucket seat center console the rear speaker was in the top center of the back seat as I recall.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 08:55 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Aqua67
Exactly, it took me some researching to find the differences in the models and Interiors. My mother owned a brand-new 67 Delta custom holiday Coupe just as you described, bucket seat center console the rear speaker was in the top center of the back seat as I recall.

The dealership brochures and Saleman's SPECS booklet are available here
Old August 23rd, 2016, 01:16 PM

My '66 Holiday Coupe.

Old August 23rd, 2016, 01:18 PM
Phantom Phixer

And to prolong the life of this thread a little more, I just purchased the 67 D88 Holiday Coupe that was listed in the Cars for Sale section of the site. I drive out to pick it up this weekend. I have not been well-versed on the full size cars from that vintage so I've been doing some research. I was not previously aware of the taillight or grille differences among the Delmont, D88, and D88 Customs in 1967. Interesting that the upper/lower taillight treatment on the 67 D88 Custom mirrors that of the 67 Supreme as compared to lesser Cutlii that year that only got the upper taillights (as was the case with the lesser D88s).
Welcome to the "Darkside" Joe , why not post some pics on this thread when you get it ;

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...s-unite-4.html

Charlie
Old August 23rd, 2016, 02:14 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Charlie Jones
Welcome to the "Darkside" Joe , why not post some pics on this thread when you get it ;

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...s-unite-4.html

Charlie
I'm doing the run from DC to ChiTown later this week to get it. Will post photos as they become available. I'm planning on making this my daily driver (at least for three seasons of the year).
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:50 AM

Old August 24th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Oldsdruid

That was a $5000 car in 1967!

Looks like your car originally had a black vinyl roof. It looks great with painted white roof, but I bet that aqua w/ black vinyl was a stunner. I've always said the 67-68 GM B-body 4-door HT were some of the few cars that really wore a vinyl roof well.

Thread can keep going for my part, if the pics keep coming! That 66 Delta is a looker too. You tend to forget just how well these cars were styled until you see a really nice one.