General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

high resolution wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Dan P.

Post high resolution wiring diagram

Does anyone have a source for a readable wiring diagram for a 67 Delmont? I've found several low resolution ones but the tiny text is just unreadable blurs.

Or, for my current question that I'm squinting at the diagram for right now... does the delmont have a ballast resistor or a resistive wire going to the coil? If it has the ballast resistor, where is it?

Or, even more to the point, I'm getting rid of the points and using a Pertronix ignitor III, do you NEED to run the full 12 volts to it or will the 7 volts at the coil work? I'm asking because Pertronix "RECOMMENDS" bypassing the resistor for "optimum performance". They don't say "you must"...

Still would love to have a hires wiring diagram even if the other questions are answered.

Thanks for all your help.
Dan
Old May 25th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by FSTGeek
Does anyone have a source for a readable wiring diagram for a 67 Delmont? I've found several low resolution ones but the tiny text is just unreadable blurs.
Well, the highest resolution wiring diagram you will find is in the 1967 Chassis Service Manual - the original, paper one. You can purchase used originals on ebay for about $15.

Or, for my current question that I'm squinting at the diagram for right now... does the delmont have a ballast resistor or a resistive wire going to the coil? If it has the ballast resistor, where is it?
It's a resistor wire from the bulkhead connector to the coil.
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Dan P.

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Well, the highest resolution wiring diagram you will find is in the 1967 Chassis Service Manual - the original, paper one. You can purchase used originals on ebay for about $15.

It's a resistor wire from the bulkhead connector to the coil.
Thanks Joe,
I had been using the ones available on the Web then broke down and bought the service manual on CD hoping it was higher resolution.
I guess I'll pick up the books. I much prefer holding a book in my hand anyway.

Thanks again
Dan