General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

dayco belts and part numbers

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

dayco belts and part numbers

Ok guys I need some help. If anyone here works in a parts store or knows how to cross reference the part # to get the same style v belts but diffrength length thay would be awesome. Im having issues tossing belts at high rpms all the belts I get are thick and I think that has something to do with the way they sit in the pulley groves. I found an old dayco belt but it's too long by a few inches. It's the thinnest belt out of the bunch compared to the duralast/ gator back, and the napa one. Im curious to see if anyone here can help with this. I do have the part number but for now lets see who can help me lol.
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM

I HAD a Dayco Buyers guide, I will look to see if I can find it. It gives sizes of belts and hoses.
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

If you are using regular belts, then thickness is NOT your problem.

Which belt are you throwing, and can you post pictures of your setup?

Are you certain that you have the P/S bracket spacers right?

- Eric
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM

I figured it out. I need non ac h20 pump and non ac pulleys. The odd thing is even with the ac alt. Set up and the ac pump and pulleys I was throwing them at high rpms. I only run the alt. And h20 pump that's it I have manual steering.
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Now that sounds right. Sometimes you can't see a slight offset difference unless you look from just the right angle, but it'll be enough to cause a problem like you're having.

- Eric
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Yeah but even way back with stock pulleys I had horrible luck and I would throw belts left and right. I then went to underdrive pulleys from china., very nice, true and straight and viola problem gone. Then once I upped the hp and things started running hotter water pump and fan speed at idle where an issue., which is why I finally went to the stock set up with the fan clutch and what not now I gotta sort it out. I am a believer now that a stock set up is the way to go though. I used to have a flexlite fan with a spacer and I cant believe how much hp it eats up the engine not only revs faster but holy crap I have never hit 2nd gear so hard in my life with an auto. The car originally came with the flex a crap set up.