General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

1967 442 build sheet

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM

1967 442 build sheet

Could someone please tell me all areas I should look for a build sheet in a 1967 442? And, would it designate the W-30 option if found? Thanks
Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM

From what I understand a Lansing car will NOT have a build sheet. The only way to document a 67 W car is with window sticker. The trim tag will tell you that it is not a W car but wont verify that it is. Looking a car over, those in the know can almost get you there by looking at what is on the car but it will be not 100%. I think all 67 W cars were Lansing cars.

Last edited by Oldsmaniac; March 23rd, 2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: more info
Old March 23rd, 2012, 07:59 PM

Thanks so much for your help. I bought this car 25 years ago because I loved the way they look. Now, because of its rarity, I believe it would be a shame to do anything to ruin the chance of verifying its authenticity. As I said in my intro, it is missing the motor & tranny, but all else appears to be untouched. It has factory stamped ram air holes in core support, horn extension wire on right side, heavy duty wide engine ground strap, copper vent tube in trunk, battery cable runs through left side of frame, Q5 rearend, manual steering & brakes, tick tock tac, column shift with bucket seats, red plastic inner fender wells. I will try to get some pictures on here within the next week. Thanks again for your input. Any information you give me is greatly appreciated!
Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:51 PM

You might find the broadcast card under the rear seat, but I'm not sure if the 66-67 W30's had "W30" on the broadcast card, can't hurt to look.
Old March 24th, 2012, 06:05 AM

I learned a little from others here because of my 67 Trac Pac project I am working on. Someone had suggested that perhaps my car was a W and the front sheetmetal replaced.... but I am sure it is not. Post your trim tag on firewall and it will tell you if the production date was in the "window" that the cars were produced. With all that's on your car I would say it prob is a factory car. Too bad the auto? trans is gone as the W cars had a special coded trans. The cylinder heads are the AIR California emission style heads too. Yes we all want pictures and tell us your plans for engine, trans and resto! You may want to look for axle housing stamp, 2 letters to see what rear gears you have. All W cars came with the Pontiac style 10 bolt rear cover and 355, 390, or 433 gears with posi. Just to be clear the battery vent tube had a piece of copper inserted into the rubber hose where it went thru the sheetmetal in the trunk to keep the rubber hose from possibly collapsing.

Last edited by Oldsmaniac; March 24th, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: more info
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
You might find the broadcast card under the rear seat, but I'm not sure if the 66-67 W30's had "W30" on the broadcast card, can't hurt to look.
No. No sense in a wild goose chase there. Up until '68, there were no Broadcast Cards as such, just much smaller tags that had even more limited information on them. The info on the tags was pretty much the same as was on the body cowl tag. There was nothing body specific to the '67 W30.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1965 body seat tag.jpg (15.5 KB, 62 views)
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Thanks to all for the info. I've never done anything like this through the internet before so I am learning as I go. Amazing the info you all have & it's nice to read about other's cars and lucky finds like the '67 Trac Pac . Don't know why my location isn't showing, but I am in Ohio. Thanks again.
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:02 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by GCW67W-30
Thanks so much for your help. I bought this car 25 years ago because I loved the way they look. Now, because of its rarity, I believe it would be a shame to do anything to ruin the chance of verifying its authenticity. As I said in my intro, it is missing the motor & tranny, but all else appears to be untouched. It has factory stamped ram air holes in core support, horn extension wire on right side, heavy duty wide engine ground strap, copper vent tube in trunk, battery cable runs through left side of frame, Q5 rearend, manual steering & brakes, tick tock tac, column shift with bucket seats, red plastic inner fender wells. I will try to get some pictures on here within the next week. Thanks again for your input. Any information you give me is greatly appreciated!

I have viewed Glenns car on at least 2 occassions. His description is quite accurate! As far as I can tell, and from what i know, the car APPEARS to be a real factory W30 car. went over the car with "my fine-tooth comb" and believe it to be real. As Glen stated, the original engine and trans are gone.
Thats my "2-cents worth"!
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chesrown 67 OAI
I have viewed Glenns car on at least 2 occassions. His description is quite accurate! As far as I can tell, and from what i know, the car APPEARS to be a real factory W30 car. went over the car with "my fine-tooth comb" and believe it to be real. As Glen stated, the original engine and trans are gone.
Thats my "2-cents worth"!
Cool, I thought you may have looked at that car since it is in OHIO. I would think it would be kinda rare to have the original engine and trans after all this time. I guess most of these saw track duty rather than just wax and polish sitting in the garage!

Glenn we are all interested in seeing and watching the build/resto!
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the support and encouragement. I do appreciate it!
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM

build sheet

I found mine behind the rear seat - but my car, which I just got, still has the original everything - except paint -