General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What happened to the ROP site?

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by Rich61star
Don't know much about how Wiliiam's zone wanted him to vote.
Only one ASE chapter supported the recall. The rest either did not support it or, as I had requested them to do, stayed neutral.

Yeah, Kenny can be a loose cannon, but he has often been the one to hold some of the others' schemes in check.

Mike, think about your comment re Bonnie next time a tornado tears B-ham a new *******.
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM

If you abstain from the vote by choice or circumstance, is the % required reflect the total number that actually voted or the total number of potential votes? I would hope it is the former but the bylaws seem to say its the latter. Meaning abtain or non votes dont affect the voting percent.

I also think the bylaws should be updated to not allow a voting member to cast a vote if the motion is against them.
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM

Does anyone know why Consoli was singled out by Kosomo, Crowdis and Yancy? I heard he has been asking questions about finances for 2 years and Yancy has been smearing him since day 1. Why did this guy not stay and fight? Why did he try to rmeove the tresurer and then leave the board. Seems to me the Texans beat him.
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
I bet OCA took it down. Just kidding guys.
Ah so you're the culprit of this "What happened to the ROP site?" thread becoming the dual purpose "ROP / OCA: which acronym sucks more" thread . Hopefully, the issues with both get resolved some day .
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:22 AM

I was the 8th member to join it .........13 yrs ago? Since I love Oldsmobiles especially fast ones, that's the place for me. I have made quite a few friends from ROP land. Have learned a bunch also.

A few years ago I and a few others put on a race in Byron, IL. for 2 yeaars. When we contacted the OCA they promised one thing and didn't come thru with anything. I did have some choice words with a couple higher ups. Needless to say I could care less about the OCA. So all that is like politics to me .
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 380 Racer
I was the 8th member to join it .........13 yrs ago? Since I love Oldsmobiles especially fast ones, that's the place for me. I have made quite a few friends from ROP land. Have learned a bunch also.

A few years ago I and a few others put on a race in Byron, IL. for 2 yeaars. When we contacted the OCA they promised one thing and didn't come thru with anything. I did have some choice words with a couple higher ups. Needless to say I could care less about the OCA. So all that is like politics to me .
It's about time you quit blaming the OCA and look in the mirror @ the real blame. You turned down the money because the stipulation was only OCA members could win it. The OCA was going to send a representative to write the checks and not give you the money. You took the possible winnings out of the winners hands,not the OCA. John Kleedorfer was the OCA board member talking to you about this and he's still around if you want to keep the lie up.

Last edited by 66-3X2 442; March 28th, 2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:51 PM
dcurtis61

[QUOTE=Also I heard that Fochi has not corresponded with the board or voted since October 2012 which is grounds to remove her. She had over 500 people in her zone sign up to remove gene.[/QUOTE]

I do know she was very busy with the hurricane clean up, but she still could have taken a moment to vote on this very seriuos matter

Dan Curtis
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
It's about time you quit blaming the OCA and look in the mirror @ the real blame. You turned down the money because the stipulation was only OCA members could win it. The OCA was going to send a representative to write the checks and not give you the money. You took the possible winnings out of the winners hands,not the OCA. John Kleedorfer was the OCA board member talking to you about this and he's still around if you want to keep the lie up.

If only OCA member's could win it that would be idiotic and I would of told them to stick it also.....and Iam a OCA member,well at least i was.......10% OCA member's 90% bracket racers.....the smart thing to do would of been sponsor the race and OCA members get a bonus or whatever and maybe get a few new member's signed up.........my .02.....water under the bridge now tho....
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by dcurtis61
I do know she was very busy with the hurricane clean up, but she still could have taken a moment to vote on this very seriuos matter

Dan Curtis
AGREED!!!!!

The hurricane was end of October, that was FIVE MONTHS AGO. I sincerely doubt that she is still off the grid with regards to communication at this point.

If she is too busy or too involved with the process of rebuilding her life and her house then she's too busy to continue holding the position and should resign.

Board members who have attended only one in ten Nationals?

Seems to be a common problem among car club boards; too much deadwood.
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:08 PM

I have to hand it to Chris Witt! this is the BEST April fools prank ever!!!! Now Chris, please put ROP back up, ok?

Old March 28th, 2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by BIGJERR
If only OCA member's could win it that would be idiotic and I would of told them to stick it also.....and Iam a OCA member,well at least i was.......10% OCA member's 90% bracket racers.....the smart thing to do would of been sponsor the race and OCA members get a bonus or whatever and maybe get a few new member's signed up.........my .02.....water under the bridge now tho....
The way the race money was passed by the board was,you had to be an OCA member to get OCA money,plain and simple and no other choice. It was a way to get more members. Why would the OCA put money up for a race with nothing to gain if an OCA member didn't win. The way they were looking @ it is,it's just like NHRA contingency prizes,you have to use the product in order to get their money. That's a pretty neat concept,you buy from me and I'll pay you to win,if it's good enough for NHRA,it's good enough for the OCA.
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:33 PM
MOTORHEAD

politics

Why is all this oca political bullshit on this site in a thread about ROP???
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1971four4two
That's just the nature of message boards.
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM

This was sent anonymously.
Look like she did not vote on purpose.

--- On Tue, 3/26/13, Pat Yanceywrote:

Subject: Recall failed
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cc: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 10:33 PM

Congratulations,

It looks like we prevailed. I am glad I was able to sway Galen and hold off Bonnie from voting. I am very disappointed in Joe and Ed. Joe was going support you and Ed tried todistance himself at the last minute. Guess he is worried Wilson is going to replacehim. With Consoli gone no one will dareask any questions or challenge us soon. I knew he would fold when the letters starting going after his family.

David had a real good chance of being one of us only if hefeel in line like he was supposed to do he could have saved himself a lot ofgrief. I get calls from all overthanking us for crushing him. I kind of feel sorry for him. He never had achance. Looks like Jerry can't do mucheither. We have just enough vote toblock most anything he tries to pull.

I am very sorry the attention was drawn to you. That was not supposed t be the way it was togo down. Hang in there we are on our wayback to the good old days.

Pat
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:52 PM

YOU should get YOUR stories straight. THEY would not send anybody to our race. THEY wanted US to sign up to the OCA anyone that wanted to race for THEIR money. THEY wanted us to verify the winners were OCA MEMBERS, mail them all the credentials, then THEY would mail out checks to the winners how many weeks later?

The OCA couldn't even show up let alone pay out anything. THEY missed a great opportunity to sign up new members. So before YOU start accusing me, YOU had better get YOUR SHYT STRAIGHT!!!

What a worthless organization.

Last edited by 380 Racer; March 28th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:34 PM

It's back

http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/index.php?...f514e79a5fc1ce

At least it worked for me at 7:34 EST
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
One part at a time

Originally Posted by allyolds68
It's back

http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/index.php?...f514e79a5fc1ce

At least it worked for me at 7:34 EST
Yeah!! Me too!

And to all you ROP haters, you know who you are!
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by allyolds68
It's back
Guess they crawled behind it and plugged it back into the wall.

- Eric
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:56 PM
delete

Back up for now at least
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM

Now I can't log in. It says my account is inactive.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 67 442
yeah!! Me too!

And :d to all you rop haters, you know who you are!

x2 :d
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Just plain NUTS!

ROP is up and running again.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Olds_71_442
Now I can't log in. It says my account is inactive.

I'm going to guess the roll back date was earlier than the day you were activated.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:23 PM

This either or mentality when it comes to message boards is really frustrating. There's a place for all of them and if you don't like a particular site,do go there. The only two boards I belong to are CO & ROP and they are for the most part two different boards. There are others out there but what's the use?, it's hard enough to keep up with one much less two or more. I posted it would be back and it is but there are some changes in the works. How soon,I can't say but it will be upgraded to better software in the future and should be more user friendly.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:28 PM

YOU should get YOUR stories straight. THEY would not send anybody to our race. THEY wanted US to sign up to the OCA anyone that wanted to race for THEIR money. THEY wanted us to verify the winners were OCA MEMBERS, mail them all the credentials, then THEY would mail out checks to the winners how many weeks later?

The OCA couldn't even show up let alone pay out anything. THEY missed a great opportunity to sign up new members. So before YOU start accusing me, YOU had better get YOUR SHYT STRAIGHT!!!

What a worthless organization.
I tell you what Nick,I called John and he told me the best thing to do is have a face to face meeting in Springfield about what happened. This is not a threat,so don't take it that way,it's just to clear the air and get a resolution to the problem that you,me and John have with what happened. If you can make it,that should be the end of it.
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by 1971four4two
It was a hot topic on ROP and when it went down, the crap unfortunately washed over here.
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM

First off......I never cared whether we had all that cash in our hands. What we did want was a rep to come and "work" a registration table & sign up new members, verify current racing members and whatever other hoops required to jump thru. You didn't even try.

I decided to wash my hands of the OCA and will not attend anything dealing with it. Springfield will be a no-show for me. I stick closer to home in my "Golden Years".
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM

First off......I never cared whether we had all that cash in our hands. What we did want was a rep to come and "work" a registration table & sign up new members, verify current racing members and whatever other hoops required to jump thru. You didn't even try.

I decided to wash my hands of the OCA and will not attend anything dealing with it. Springfield will be a no-show for me. I stick closer to home in my "Golden Years".
Hey,they're having a race and maybe you can win some of that OCA $$$$$. Seriously,I don't want any problems with you over something I wasn't a part of,just repeating what I was told and should have kept my thoughts to myself. Good Luck with the Golden years,I'm headed there myself.
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:16 PM
" Hoo yah "

I was glad to see the site was up and running, but sad to see I was locked out after years of trying to get on. I emailed Russell, so hopefully I will be able to log into the site soon
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by 815Cutlass1972
I was glad to see the site was up and running, but sad to see I was locked out after years of trying to get on. I emailed Russell, so hopefully I will be able to log into the site soon
Don't hold your breath. I emailed him like 10 times over a period of months to reactivate my account ( updated my email address then 'poof', I couldn't login anymore ) and I never recieved a reply. Yeah, I'm sure the guy's busy and all, but if he's not going to take the time to reactivate or approve new accounts, then he needs to get somebody to do it for him.
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM

All this OCA chit, is TOO much drama. Cripes, I wouldn't pay to be a part of that chit. You guys can't handle a "club", it's gotten away from ya....sheesh.
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Boldsmobile
I'm going to guess the roll back date was earlier than the day you were activated.
That's what I was thinking, too. I wonder if I'll have to email Russell again?
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rich61star
This was sent anonymously.
Look like she did not vote on purpose.

--- On Tue, 3/26/13, Pat Yanceywrote:

Subject: Recall failed
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cc: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 10:33 PM

Congratulations,

It looks like we prevailed. I am glad I was able to sway Galen and hold off Bonnie from voting. I am very disappointed in Joe and Ed. Joe was going support you and Ed tried todistance himself at the last minute. Guess he is worried Wilson is going to replacehim. With Consoli gone no one will dareask any questions or challenge us soon. I knew he would fold when the letters starting going after his family.

David had a real good chance of being one of us only if hefeel in line like he was supposed to do he could have saved himself a lot ofgrief. I get calls from all overthanking us for crushing him. I kind of feel sorry for him. He never had achance. Looks like Jerry can't do mucheither. We have just enough vote toblock most anything he tries to pull.

I am very sorry the attention was drawn to you. That was not supposed t be the way it was togo down. Hang in there we are on our wayback to the good old days.

Pat
It would seem that the person that sent this "anonymous" email may
have written it, also, and is just trying to keep the fires burning. A
real shame.
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM

Aron, the use of grammar limits who it may have been sent to. It's hard to imagine the recepient sharing it unless they have a friend who violated implied confidentiality.

I stand by what I say, the good old ads are gone. Regardless of what side of the issue you are on.

Hope you and Juju are well. Finally got the garage built. I squeezed it in between paying for braces and paying or college.
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:12 PM

Pete: Glad you got the double wide built. Just finished a 2 car carport on the front of the detached two car garage. Got spots for 6 cars plus a huge
driveway,and only 4 cars (3 Oldsmobiles, 1 Jeep); time to go shopping? Surely the boys not ready for college!!! I know Pat Yancey has his Master's Degree, and has taught at HS, College, and GM Tech schools prior to his retirement. He would never push "SEND" on an email with the grammar/punctuation errors as shown.
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
I know Pat Yancey has his Master's Degree, and has taught at HS, College, and GM Tech schools prior to his retirement. He would never push "SEND" on an email with the grammar/punctuation errors as shown.
I also doubt very seriously the authenticity of that email. I have seen some of Yancy's writings and that's not his I don't believe. It is also a very low blow and uncalled for. The making up of fake emails is just wrong. As much as I do not like some of the things Yancy has done,he should be judged on his actions,not something made up. I bet you thought you wouldn't hear that from me but fair is fair. Whoever did that needs to be ashamed of themselves.
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:59 PM

I also doubt very seriously the authenticity of that email.....
X2

Particularly since the OP didn't exist until yesterday....
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:04 PM

I'm definitely NOT a Yancey fan but after reading the email, I too doubt its authenticity.
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
Pete: Glad you got the double wide built. Just finished a 2 car carport on the front of the detached two car garage. Got spots for 6 cars plus a huge
driveway,and only 4 cars (3 Oldsmobiles, 1 Jeep); time to go shopping? Surely the boys not ready for college!!! I know Pat Yancey has his Master's Degree, and has taught at HS, College, and GM Tech schools prior to his retirement. He would never push "SEND" on an email with the grammar/punctuation errors as shown.
Oldsmobiles are like LED flashlights, you can never have enough ! You better fill that place up.

My oldest will be in college this fall. My youngest gets his license in May. He will be driving the 94 Convertible. We just put dual exhaust on it last week. I'm going to teach him how to replace the intake gaskets next.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I never even heard of Yancy until yesterday, and I don't even know what the conflicts are here or who's on what side, but that email looks competely bogus to me.

Y'all have a bunch of crazy people driving this train.

- Eric

Quick Reply: What happened to the ROP site?