General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What happened to the ROP site?

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2013, 05:10 AM

Glenn, Don't sugar coat it.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Oldsdruid

James- never have, doubtful ever will. It's a character trait (some would say flaw) for which I won't apologize.

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
The only thing I have seen of Jerry Wilson is his attending Olds cars shows @ his own expense promoting the OCA and Olds.
And Jerry Wilson is supposed to be sainted for that? Like a lot of the rest of us on the BoD didn't do the EXACT same thing...

I put a lot of effort into OCA as well as a shitload of my own time and money. I never received a dime of compensation from OCA except for the trip I made to Atlanta to approve the location for the 1996 National Meet. That's how much I believed in that club.
I drove all over the ASE Zone and parts of ANE attending chapter meetings and shows, swap meets, races- with a trunk full of OCA and Oldsmobile related stuff. I was never able to get to an OCF event or to get into AL and MS, but I went everywhere else, to the point I had to get a mileage waiver from my insurance company a couple years because the individual cars were approaching their 2500 miles/year mileage limit. Gas, lodging and time do add up.

As far as the every day OCA,I'm supporting it fully and if you can't say something good about it,at least don't say negative things if you even half way care about it.
Mike, negative opinions come with the positives. If the OCA management cares about increasing and retaining their membership, they need to know what the membership is thinking. Then they need to take steps to address and eliminate the negatives. They're not doing it.

Pete- translate "qft" ; I suspect it's not complimentary. All of us know you're squarely in the Wilson-Mestad camp, probably because y'all wanted the National meet back in ANE Zone. I don't care about that; all are entitled to their own opinions and alliances.

The last OCA election was the first and only one in my whole time of membership that I did not vote. I didn't like the tone that election was taking and decided I could not support either side for control and leadership of the club. It only got worse after the election was over.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:40 AM
delete

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Crashed....some are saying for good
Its a shame they don't sell it. There is a dedicated following. There has to be some value in it.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
James- never have, doubtful ever will. It's a character trait (some would say flaw) for which I won't apologize.
Nor should you. Candidly, in this day and age, I find straight talk refreshing.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:13 AM

Pete- translate "qft" ; I suspect it's not complimentary.
It is.

qft = quoted for truth
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Oldsdruid

Ron, there's a lot of value in ROP and I'd hate to see it disappear. It's quite a bit "different" from most Olds forums and that's what makes it interesting. Joffroi on here helped the guys on Oldspower get back up and running after their last crash. Maybe he could help ROP recover, though from what I'm told the ROP system is pretty outdated.

It would just be convincing the Hunts to do it. Agreed, if they don't have the time for it anymore, sale might be a good option. They'd get a little cash for it, wouldn't have the aggravation of keeping it going, and another Olds resource would be up and running again.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:26 AM

Ron, there's a lot of value in ROP and I'd hate to see it disappear. It's quite a bit "different" from most Olds forums and that's what makes it interesting. Joffroi on here helped the guys on Oldspower get back up and running after their last crash. Maybe he could help ROP recover, though from what I'm told the ROP system is pretty outdated.

It would just be convincing the Hunts to do it. Agreed, if they don't have the time for it anymore, sale might be a good option. They'd get a little cash for it, wouldn't have the aggravation of keeping it going, and another Olds resource would be up and running again.
Like I said in my post about ROP,be patient,there are some good things to come.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Oldsdruid

Pete- sorry if I inferred anything negative.

The current OCA mess has put a lot of us on edge, especially people who have been in it a long time, want to see it continue, and want its management to do what is best to improve it and make it last. Oldsmobile itself is no more. It's not coming back. We have to have something to bring Olds enthusiasts together and not drive us apart. We cannot afford to be as splintered as the Chevrolet crowd- they have the numbers to support a dozen different clubs and factions, we don't. I have watched a couple of Chevelle clubs go thru this same control thing with end result being a group splintered off and formed yet another club. I've also seen that happen in Oldsworld when the NAOC was formed in the early 1980s.

As said, I could sense an ugly tone when campaigning started in the last election. I never thought it would degenerate into the current acrimony.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Runner

Like I said in my post about ROP,be patient,there are some good things to come.
I was glad that I was able to get the site back up for at least a little while. Its really frustrating when stuff like that happens. I really hope this means ROP is going to a new server and new board. Its a pain to transfer stuff but it would be definitely worth it in the long run.

But if the site is gone forever, I have a lonely message board on my site dying for visitors. haha

EDIT: I actually helped oldspower.com get back up and running... not realoldspower. To many sites to keep track of.

Last edited by Joffroi; April 5th, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM

I certainly hope they get the site up and running soon and recover the posts and PM's. I sold a part on there to someone and he PM'd me his address for shipping. I didn't write it down as I was out of town and read the PM on my Android phone. I got back in town and now I can't get on to get his address to ship his part. I really hope this gets resolved as I would like to ship his item ASAP.
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM
" Hoo yah "

This sucks. I was just approved last week! It took me 4 years to get on, and now the site is gone. Hope they get things up and running again.
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:29 AM

I usually don't post much on here, probably a bit more on ROP. I would hate to see it gone forever. I think this is the third crash that I can remember. The site came back each time. There is a lot of information on it, here too. Best way I can describe it is a "free-for-all". That is not meant in a bad way...
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:48 AM
One part at a time

I sure hope it comes back with archives. I would hate to lose my '67 build thread, it has all the dates of completion of various parts of the build in it.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Rip rop
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:29 PM
dcurtis61

Dear fellow OCA members
The voting to remove the OCA treasurer per bylaw 4.71 failed.
Voting results are as follows;

Position
Name
Yes
No
Vice President
Iowa
Steve Mestad
X
Secretary
Missouri
Dalene DeLong
X
Treasurer
Texas
Gene Crowdis
X
Zone Director – Atlantic NE Massachusetts
David Consoli
X
Zone Director – Atlantic NE New Jersey
Bonnie Fochi*
failed
Zone Director – Atlantic SE Florida
Pat Higgins
X
Zone Director – Atlantic SE Florida
Ken Williams
X
Zone Director – East Great Lakes
Ohio
Galen Kolesar
X
Zone Director -East Great Lakes
Michigan
Ken Nicholas
X
Zone Director – West Great Lakes Illinois
Warren Hughes
X
Zone Director – West Great Lakes Minnesota
Terry Olson
X
Zone Director – South Central
Texas
Stewart Stephenson
X
Zone Director – South Central
Texas
Rick Winn
X
Zone Director – Pacific NW
Alberta Ca
Jamie ***
X
Zone Director – Pacific NW
Washington
Erik Martinsen
X
Zone Director – Pacific SW
Arizona
Karl Sup
X
Zone Director – Pacific SW
Arizona
Joe Varley
X
Legal Advisor
Missouri
Brian McCallister
X
Chief Judge
Washington
Ed Konsmo**
abstain
Swap Meet Chair
Rhode Island
Everett Horton
X

yes
no

* Zone Director Fochi failed to cast a vote therefore it was counted as a "no" vote
** Head Judge Konsmo called the chair to ask for a secret ballot. Mr. Konsmo indicated he would vote yes (an obvious self preservation move) only in a secret ballot format because he did not want his position published. When his request was denied Mr. Konsmo abstained from the vote.

Since the board chose to ignore or dismiss the charges where we go from here is up to you the members. The board of directors should be prepared to face the consequences by ignoring the will of the members.

Now you know who the Board memebers are that voted "NO"

Dan Curtis
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM

Is this easier to read?
Attached Images
File Type: png
Recall votes 1.png (21.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png
Recall votes 2.png (22.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg
Recall votes 3.jpg (22.5 KB, 16 views)
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:34 PM

That's OK,we'll get all of them next year in the general election. I may run for ASE zone director,I ain't got nuttin to do.
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:39 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I know I'm the one who is missing out but I am still not a member of the OCA.

I was going to join once and went on line to see how.I found 2 different payment plans,sent an email to the addy listed to inquire about the 2 different rates. I never received a reply.

I've never joined because of all the negative I've read about the OCA.Also what I just mentioned about not receiving a reply.
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin
I know I'm the one who is missing out but I am still not a member of the OCA.

I was going to join once and went on line to see how.I found 2 different payment plans,sent an email to the addy listed to inquire about the 2 different rates. I never received a reply.

I've never joined because of all the negative I've read about the OCA.Also what I just mentioned about not receiving a reply.
Walter

Do not let that deter you from joining. The JWO magazine is worth the $30 alone. You can place ads for sale or wanted and there's neat stuff to buy @ times. You don't have to be involved @ all unless you want to be. I've never been involved in the politics of it til this recall and I'm a 30 year member. Go ahead and join,you won't be sorry. I'll help you with the address if need be.

Mike
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM

30 year coat order form mailed in a few weeks ago.

Dues renew in the fall; that'll be under SERIOUS consideration.

When's the next election?
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by MellowYellow
30 year coat order form mailed in a few weeks ago.

Dues renew in the fall; that'll be under SERIOUS consideration.

When's the next election?
2014 and I also ordered my 30 year jacket just recently and I will get it in Springfield. We gotta stay in so we can vote those guys out,don't let them win.
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM
dcurtis61

Heck Mike, I may run for ASE zone director even though I do not live there....LOL
Then again I may drop out all together....naw, I have met just too many friends to do that, I'll be seeing you in Springfield, Crowdis better bring the checkbook this time or there will be hell to pay!!

Dan Curtis
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by dcurtis61

Crowdis better bring the checkbook this time or there will be hell to pay!!

Dan Curtis
No worries; just ask Fochi, Higgins, Williams, Kolesar, Stephenson, Winn, Martinsen or Konsmo to dig into their wallet to cover the cost.
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:55 PM

Okay, vote is over. The MIN can unhack ROP.
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by dcurtis61
Heck Mike, I may run for ASE zone director even though I do not live there....LOL
Then again I may drop out all together....naw, I have met just too many friends to do that, I'll be seeing you in Springfield, Crowdis better bring the checkbook this time or there will be hell to pay!!

Dan Curtis

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Originally Posted by chadman
I certainly hope they get the site up and running soon and recover the posts and PM's. I sold a part on there to someone and he PM'd me his address for shipping. I didn't write it down as I was out of town and read the PM on my Android phone. I got back in town and now I can't get on to get his address to ship his part. I really hope this gets resolved as I would like to ship his item ASAP.
me too........John Low were are you? I need your address! lol

PS if it wasnt for the people on ROP my car would of never got done or into the tens.......I have met many good people over there!
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

See its just a matter of time before its up and running again!

XXXX XXXX posted to Russell Hunt
Yesterday
hey russell,did reaoldspower blow up?
Like ·

Russell Hunt: Rick is working on it.
Yesterday at 8:47pm · Like · 1

XXXX XXXXX Did you try unplugging it then plugging it back in?
10 hours ago via mobile · Like

Russell Hunt Not yet XXXX but we did try hitting the side really hard !!
2 hours ago · Like
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:02 PM
MOTORHEAD

just tried again server not found

Last edited by 11971four4two; March 27th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:40 AM

sure hope we don't lose the butt thread!
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:47 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by edzolz
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by edzolz
Fortunately ROP doesn't host pictures on their server:

Here's page 170

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Km3rUbkAqjYJ:72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D496773%26sid%3D76bdc9b951db3bf 4ab71e38e0c81aaf6+realoldspower+%22nice+Butt%22+20 13&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM

I heard pat Yancy lobbied Kolesar, Fochi, Martinson & Varley to change their votes. Why is this guy so desperate to remain involved with the leadership of the club through his buddy Crowdis? I think he is up to no good. I also saw an email with letters from Yancey and MIN letters showing it was the same printer. Didn't Consoli put a motion to ban the MIN author? Yancey is guilty
Also I heard that Fochi has not corresponded with the board or voted since October 2012 which is grounds to remove her. She had over 500 people in her zone sign up to remove gene.
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rich61star
I heard pat Yancy lobbied Kolesar, Fochi, Martinson & Varley to change their votes. Why is this guy so desperate to remain involved with the leadership of the club through his buddy Crowdis? I think he is up to no good. I also saw an email with letters from Yancey and MIN letters showing it was the same printer. Didn't Consoli put a motion to ban the MIN author? Yancey is guilty
Also I heard that Fochi has not corresponded with the board or voted since October 2012 which is grounds to remove her. She had over 500 people in her zone sign up to remove gene.
My ASE zone director Ken Williams has attend one out of the last 10-12 OCA Nationals BOD meetings I've been told by another BOD member. He voted no on the recall.pray tell me why he's still a BOD member? he sure isn't doing his job. I'm thinking about running for ASE zone director just to pi$$ em off.
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Oldsdruid

Bonnie Fochi lost her home when Sandy hit. She has more important things to worry about than a pissing contest in a car club.
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Don't know much about how Wiliiam's zone wanted him to vote. I heard he is considered a nut job on the board. He is a Yancy rump swab does whatever he tells him to do. I got an email about "Consoli coverup" in my inbox from William's buddies and it only proved that yancy is writing MIN letters. Not sure if death threats are comming from the same person but I heard Consoli shared confidential info with the board in a sealed meeting in Iowa and someone on the board used it in the next death threat. I wish Consoli would stay on to Kick Kosomo, Yancy and Crowd's butts.
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rich61star
Don't know much about how Wiliiam's zone wanted him to vote. I heard he is considered a nut job on the board. He is a Yancy rump swab does whatever he tells him to do. I got an email about "Consoli coverup" in my inbox from William's buddies and it only proved that yancy is writing MIN letters. Not sure if death threats are comming from the same person but I heard Consoli shared confidential info with the board in a sealed meeting in Iowa and someone on the board used it in the next death threat. I wish Consoli would stay on to Kick Kosomo, Yancy and Crowd's butts.
If Wilson does not run again,I say we draft Consoli,talk about poetic justice.
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:59 AM
2 '66 98's

I have been an OCA member for about 14 years and on CO for several years but feel like a complete outsider. I have read most all of the posts on this thread and searched on line but still have one question - What the hell is "ROP"???
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by bigoldscruiser
I have been an OCA member for about 14 years and on CO for several years but feel like a complete outsider. I have read most all of the posts on this thread and searched on line but still have one question - What the hell is "ROP"???
Another very popular Olds message board that is down at the moment. Realoldpower = ROP
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Oldsdruid

My ASE zone director Ken Williams has attend one out of the last 10-12 OCA Nationals BOD meetings I've been told by another BOD member. He voted no on the recall.pray tell me why he's still a BOD member? he sure isn't doing his job. I'm thinking about running for ASE zone director just to pi$$ em off.
Well, stop thinking about it and **** or get off the pot.

Biggest reason Ken is still there is because after the Childs debacle in the early 2000's no one else will step up to do it. He's wanted out for a while, but when comes time for elections, nobody wants to deal with the intrigues and the cliques and alliances, so no one will step up. He runs again to keep from putting the Zone in jeopardy with an appointed director. ASE folks know what happened the last time that happened- the appointee lived in one chapter's home city and never so much as darkened the door of one of their meetings or events, much less any other chapter's. None of the eight groups ever received so much as a phone call from the guy. But the guy who appointed him said in the 2000 BOD meeting that I hadn't done my job as a Zone director.

Like I've told you all before- this skullduggery, anonymous letter campaigns, shat-slinging etc is nothing new in the OCA board.

To all who have not been satisfied with their Zone directors' performance or vote in this mess, I challenge you to step up and RUN for a ZD slot. The nomination process is simple. If you're an OCA member in good standing, dues paid up and all, and you can get someone in your Zone to formally nominate you for the job, you're in. You may find you'll win by default, because no one else ran for the job.

In other words, put up or shut up.

As a former OCA director, I will expect no less than great things from you.

gw

Last edited by rocketraider; March 28th, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM

No ROP
Where we gonna go to get our daily dose of bickering and "end of civilization" drama?

Oh, and the occasional greatly helpful technical treatise.

I went looking for something like CO.com because of the incessant BS and minimal constructive activity at ROP.

This place seems much more friendly.

13086_ROPgone_zps51e222dc.jpg

Hell, even CO can't find a mention of it!!!

13086_ROP2_zps543abb3c.jpg

Last edited by Octania; March 28th, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: What happened to the ROP site?