General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Tamraz

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2010, 09:03 AM

Tamraz

Anyone have a bad experience with Tamraz Auto Parts? I need a Pitman arm and a detent cable.
Old August 7th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

My only experience with them was buying an interior about 17 years ago. No problems. I haven't heard of any problems with them. You might want to take a look at Fusick's also. They are strictly Oldsmobile and have been around a long time. Great guys.
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Gary

I have used them. I bought all of my sheet metal from them. I had a one problem with one of the outer wheel well housings being the wrong one(for a Chevelle), I should have paid closer attention to it because I welded it on and when I trield putting the quarter panel on it would not fit of course. I called them and they would not send me the corrrect one without buying a new one but they agreed to ship without shipping. I was ok with that. I also bought my front brake conversion kit from them. I either use them or the Parts Place
Old August 7th, 2010, 09:29 PM

Tamraz is good. I have been out there a few times to pick stuff up, legitimate operation and the parts guys know their stuff.
Old August 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM

bad experience with tamraz

I had a very bad experience with Tamraz. They sold me a left and a right fender for my 70 chevelle. When I opened the box the left fender had been repaired on the inside lower area with a body hammer, and the right one was wavey probably from being stamped incorrectly. When I spoke to them about solving the problem and getting good fenders, they had none and did not know they would receive any. I tried to get better customer satisfaction and asked for a manager. He said he could do nothing but maybe give a discount on my next order. The fender cost me 350 to get strait and the other also needed some work. The people at Tamaraz treated me very bad and lost me as a customer. I started a thread on the racingjunk.com forum. (please read it) Go to racingjunk.com than forum than look down the list for "bad experience with Tamraz" there is 5 pages of talk, some of which is good info. I highly reccommend that you DO NOT use them, they are tough to deal with when you have problems. Also a guy for the forum sent me a PM about Tamraz negative feedback on Ebay. Also another guy had a problem and they threatened him and told him not to give any negative feedback or nothing would get resolved. When I spoke to the manger and told him how unhappy I was and that I was going to let people know in my clubs and on the internet, he told me to make sure that I only print the facts or I would be hearing from their lawyer. They are not customer focused and did not deal with me in a dignified manner. I was treated very poorly. I have been racing and dealing with cars about 35 years and I have never been treated more rudely. I spend alot of money on my toys and Tamraz will get none of it, I reccommend you do not use them for parts.
Call me with questions or comments jeff 708-308-0282
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
My only experience with them was buying an interior about 17 years ago. No problems.
I had no idea they have been around THAT long.

Tamraz has a small office with about 4 employee's IIRC.
They are located in Plainfield IL just 1 hour South of me. I ordered almost EVERY interior
piece from them including new seat material which was PUI interiors BTW.
That was before I knew about The Parts Place in Elburn just 45 mins away.
But IIRC Tamraz is cheaper on ALOT of things.

No issues, and I would definitely use them again.
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Tamraz

They maybe cheaper, but if the quality is not good you will pay for it another way. My fenders cost me more money in the long run and alot more labor and time. I tried to explain this to the manager and I got no results. In this day and age of the internet we are doing busniess differently. This company (IMO) has lost touch with the customer to make more money.That problem with power and greed is a bad busniess model and (IMO) will hurt them. My bad experience with them was recent and chances are they are still the same way.based on the threads I have read about them. Their pricing can be attractive, plus I was able to pick up the sheet metal to save on shipping, but believe me it was not worth the hassle. When I spoke with the sales person I asked him specifically about the quality of the fenders that I was buying, I asked if they have any fit or finish issues. HE SAID "ZERO PROBLEMS, NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ", I told him that was a huge statement to make, because I have bought sheet metal before and sometimes there is isues. He restated "ZERO PROBLEMS NEVER", so if you hear that, run away fast, because in my case it was not true.
Hey Good Luck
Jeff
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM
GM Enthusiast

Wow, sorry to hear about that problem. I have only ordered from the twice, with no issues. Good prices on what I ordered.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jeff m.
I asked if they have any fit or finish issues. HE SAID "ZERO PROBLEMS, NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ", I told him that was a huge statement to make, because I have bought sheet metal before and sometimes there is isues. He restated "ZERO PROBLEMS NEVER", so if you hear that, run away fast, because in my case it was not true.
Hey Good Luck
Jeff
So basically you have a salesman that overstated his confidence in a product.
That's not really what I'd call a bad experience....

That's an overconfident salesman or a liar.
No one knows enough to assume it's the latter really.
As you've said yourself, it's happened before....so it's not uncommon.
Old August 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM

tamraz was a bad experience

The bad experience was the way the whole deal was handled, the saleaman did lied about the product quality,(they have had problems with sheet metal according to threads that I read after I bought mine) So that was not true, also when I spoke to the salesman he was condesending towards me when I tried to resolve the problem, he challenged my honesty, made negative untrue comments about my actions.It was clear that he was not customer focused, and not even interested in clearing up the problem. So I asked to speak to a manager. The manager was misinformed about the facts, when I cleared them up with him, he also was not able to resolve anything. Read the racingjunkjunk forum, it will tell the story. I buy alot of stuff and they will not get my busniess. And they do not have the courage to respond to my requests to try and clear this up. That by itselfs speaks volumes.
Hey Good Luck with them
I hope you deals with them go better than mine, but if they do not ???? Will it be a bad experience for you ? Only you can answer that.
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:29 PM

Sorry to hear that.

I'm sure just about any vendor wouldn't return the funds for a fender that's been
installed and pulled back off. I am pretty sure Joe @ The Parts Place wouldn't
either.....I hear he's a cheap bastid himself, but quite loaded.
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:14 AM

Tamraz

They were told about the problem before anything was installed or changed in any manner, they were out of the box when we spoke the first time. IMO they sold me poor quality fenders and I do believe that these fenders had been returned previously and reboxed and sold to me. I think they knew it and that is why they were not willing to do the right thing and give me the quality product they told me I would get. They wanted those "returned" fenders out of the warehouse taking up space.
If you have not read the thread in the racingjunk forum, it will help you to understand the story. It has been viewed by over 1500 people and they have formed opinions also.
racingjunk.com
Good Luck
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:23 AM

Tamraz

This may help:
go to.....
racingjunk.com
forum
userfeedback and scammer watch
scroll to" bad experience with Tamraz"
Read the five pages of info and form your own opinion and see if this is a company that you would like to do busniess with.
Sincerely
Jeff
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Lance

Pitman arm, buy Moog brand from Summit Racing.

Detent cable, buy from Fusick as they may be the manufacture of this part.