General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

So, What did you get for Christmas ?

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Oh you poor thing! LOL!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Registered

You have to go to the cruise in Burton on Wednesdays so you can park next to a horse Sandy.

They leave special trophies on the ground if you want one.
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:08 AM

Looks like I need to post mine, too....

I got a white Christmas!!
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...christmas.html
I never saw one in person, so I was happy. We walked the block Christmas Eve, I got a few pictures and made a snowball, but I could not stay out too long.
That is because i also got bronchitis or some kind of nasty bug right before the holidays... The fevers are just now subsiding and my head is still full of crap. No comments on that, either.

Af for gifts, I got nothing car or hobby related - just come clothes and a book, and a pair of slippers that you heat up in the microwave (which came in handy while being sick.) Well, my ladyfriend did get me a Furd t-shirt, but only because I emailed her the ad for it...
I got a few gift cards, but they cannot buy car parts.

Poo on those getting all the good stuff like tools and parts and stuff...

Wait, my neighbors gave me a bottle of Crown Royale, so all is not lost... Maybe that and some hot feet will kill the bronch bugs...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; December 28th, 2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Bluevista
You have to go to the cruise in Burton on Wednesdays so you can park next to a horse Sandy.

They leave special trophies on the ground if you want one.

I'll let you have that trophy!!! LOL!!

Wednesday is usually the cruise in in Hudson that I go to, but I will try to go to Burton. God, I haven't been there in quite some time! You'll have to tell me where it's at and give me the info when the time comes!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Looks like I need to post mine, too....

I got a white Christmas!!
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...christmas.html
I never saw one in person, so I was happy. We walked the block Christmas Eve, I got a few pictures and made a snowball, but I could not stay out too long.
That is because i also got bronchitis or some kind of nasty bug right before the holidays... The fevers are just now subsiding and my head is still full of crap. No comments on that, either.

Af for gifts, I got nothing car or hobby related - just come clothes and a book, and a pair of slippers that you heat up in the microwave (which came in handy while being sick.) Well, my ladyfriend did get me a Furd t-shirt, but only because I emailed her the ad for it...
I got a few gift cards, but they cannot buy car parts.

Poo on those getting all the good stuff like tools and parts and stuff...

Wait, my neighbors gave me a bottle of Crown Royale, so all is not lost... Maybe that and some hot feet will kill the bronch bugs...

Well, I'm glad you got your snow, and enjoyed it!!! I hope you're feeling better!! We got about 5 inches of snow overnight, and it's snowing again now. I went out and brushed it off of my birdfeeders this morning - the poor birds were out there fluttering around, and the snow was all over the edges of the feeders and I felt bad for them!! The mourning doves eat off the ground, so I cleared them a space and put down seed.

I'll send you some pics of our winter wonderland when I get time. The roads were crappy this morning - lots of packed down hard ice they didn't get the salt to in time before everyone started driving. Our parking lot here is like a skating rink!

Well, have a shot, and get some rest!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well, have a shot, and get some rest!!
I wish I could, but I am at work now. If my company gave sick days, I would have taken one. Since they do not, I will be generous and share my joy with others... I will pop a few shots when i get home and enjoy some hotfoot...

Post some snow pictures so i can take a quick virtual vacation!
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by col wickham
i got a navman (i know my way all over sydney), some italian cologne (i don't even wear aftershave), 3 dvds( i've seen 2 of the movies) a business shirt & tie (i bought 3 last week) and 2 queen cds......queen 1 & 2 (my favourites.....from the 70's). But i love 'em all, i'll use 'em and be thankful that i got 'em.
I kept asking my wife what she wanted for xmas..."i don't want anything,....just get the @$@# bathroom renovations done !"
so i bought her some taps.
lol:d
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:27 AM

Rob,

Hot coffee and a double shot of crown will make you feel better. Works for me. It sucks to be sick this time of year. Get better dude
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Rob,

Hot coffee and a double shot of crown will make you feel better. Works for me. It sucks to be sick this time of year. Get better dude
Thanks... Crown in coffee?? Never tried it, but sounds good. I learn more each day...
Like just how much crap my little head can hold...
And not to use my "rapidly disolving" camping toilet paper for blowing my nose with...
And that Santa NO LONGER delivers coal to people who have been bad.

That last one is a no brainer.
Coal is heavy and useful for heating your house. Heck, if you are REAL bad, you can get free heat for a year!
Bad people get styrofoam chunks in their stockings because they are highly abundant (just look alond any shoreline), lightweight, boring, and if burned, produces a sickening toxic smoke. They also do not provide a cool sound if smashed like bubble wrap would.

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; December 28th, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Captain of my ship

It's been a wonderfull xmas season , got to go to 3 funerals , one before one since and one coming. Other than that I went in debt 2500 cause of somebody else's stupidity and managed to throw my back out big time. other than that I scored a couple pair of sweats. HOHOHO
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh Wolfie... I am sorry! That is sad. I was wondering where you've been cause I haven't heard from you on here. Things will get better - have faith! I will keep you in my thoughts.

I love that picture of Wolfman Jack in your new sig pic! That is sooo kewl!!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
It's been a wonderfull xmas season , got to go to 3 funerals , one before one since and one coming. Other than that I went in debt 2500 cause of somebody else's stupidity and managed to throw my back out big time. other than that I scored a couple pair of sweats. HOHOHO

Very sorry to hear all this. Here is to hoping things get much better.
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM

Cure all

Rob,

Don't listen to citcapp. It will make you a wide awake drunk.

Get in bed

Place one glass of Cognac at nite stand
Place one shot of Nyquil at nite stand

Drink Nyquil
Drink Cognac

Say "nighty nite"

See ya in the a.m.

Then eat your grits with coffee [and Crown if ya want]
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Rob,

Don't listen to citcapp. It will make you a wide awake drunk.

Get in bed

Place one glass of Cognac at nite stand
Place one shot of Nyquil at nite stand

Drink Nyquil
Drink Cognac

Say "nighty nite"

See ya in the a.m.

Then eat your grits with coffee [and Crown if ya want]
Jamsbo's correct if you want to sleep thats the right way to do it. I think the Nyquil has as much punch as the Cognac. My thoughts were for getting through the day. Hog belly and grits with fried eggs will get you motor running in the morning.
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:52 PM

Received a $100 gift card for a local supermarket, a ten dollar bill, and numerous snacks. Got MYSELF a new (reman) waterpump, upper radiator hose, and thermostat.
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:01 AM

Jamsbo's correct if you want to sleep thats the right way to do it. I think the Nyquil has as much punch as the Cognac. My thoughts were for getting through the day. Hog belly and grits with fried eggs will get you motor running in the morning.
If he can have coffee and booze during the day.............I want his job
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Cutlass Lover

Me too!!! Citcapp.... Hog belly??? Eeeewwwww!
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
got to go to 3 funerals , one before one since and one coming. Other than that I went in debt 2500 cause of somebody else's stupidity and managed to throw my back out big time. other than that I scored a couple pair of sweats. HOHOHO
Sorry to hear about all that - hope all goes better for ya soon! That all makes being sick seem not too bad....

I don't have any cognac, need to get some. Which one is good?
I have been sleeping better, though i still often wake up sweating like crazy... Hog belly?? I hope you mean ham! I am sure Alice has had pig stomach but that is not for American consumption...Grits & fried eggs sound good - send some over, will ya??

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
If he can have coffee and booze during the day.............I want his job
IF I work from home noone knows! Heck, given how crappy I felt at work before, I don't think anyone would have been able to tell if I was drunk...
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:30 AM

Red face

Citcapp,

I just had me a big ole bowl of cheese grits with crumbled up sausage in it.
Y-U-M-M-Y

Try some Nassau grits sometime a la "The Coffee Cup in Pensacola, Fla

Cook sausage-crumble up

In the same pan

cook chopped bell peppers
cook chopped onions
cooked diced tomatoes
drain off greese

Thow it all in a big pot of grits and stir it up

It's a WON-A- FULL a WON-A-FULL
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo... I like grits with butter... sausage on the side! LOL!
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:30 AM

Rob,

I like Martell Cordon Bleu

Courvoisier has become swill since the Night Club Folks started drinking it with Coke.
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Oh Wolfie... I am sorry! That is sad. I was wondering where you've been cause I haven't heard from you on here. Things will get better - have faith! I will keep you in my thoughts.

I love that picture of Wolfman Jack in your new sig pic! That is sooo kewl!!!

Thanks , things have to improve soon hopefully. I go in on the 26th of jan. to have my neck fused and steel plate put in and I hope the bad luck doesn't follow me there. My girlfriends son (17) and my son (18 jan.1) have been a pain over the xmas season , I'd like to bury them together. There is way too much drama going on for my liking. I want to get back to working on the Olds but no funds now is going to delay what I wanted to do. I suppose I can always start the projects and hope for the best , at least I will be doing something I enjoy for a change of pace.
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

I know what you mean!! These kids today do have a lot of drama going on all the time! Even Nicole will say there's too much of it going on with her friends!!

I hope you let us know how you are doing and what's going on when you have your surgery... if you're able. Yep... go work on your car. It's a great stress reliever and ya gotta do something for yourself!

I'm glad I discovered car shows... I really enjoy going and looking at the cars, and talking to people! It's something I do for myself... and I don't care how much Larry and Nicole complain! I've given them plenty of warning that I'm not going to be around much next summer! Larry makes his snide remarks kind of joking/serious about how I love my car more than them... it's like, Oh for God's sake! I don't feel a bit guilty. No one or nothing gets neglected around the house, so leave me alone!! LOL! Hang in there Wolfie!!
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Official Tire Kicker

I bought myself a Craftsman cross force combination wrench set and a Gear Wrench metric ratcheting combination wrench set and a screwdriver holder. Since I am going to Japan I will need the metric wrenches!
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM

Arrow Japan ???

Originally Posted by Willidog
I bought myself a Craftsman cross force combination wrench set and a Gear Wrench metric ratcheting combination wrench set and a screwdriver holder. Since I am going to Japan I will need the metric wrenches!
Come to Canada, you'll need Metric here too and it's not as far as going to Japan !!!
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:39 AM

I got a couple bills , a bout with the gout , and a bitchin case of heartburn.
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by tonycpe
I got a couple bills
100 dollar bills I hope....