General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

So, What did you get for Christmas ?

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM

So, What did you get for Christmas ?

Wife gave me an iPod... MIL gave me a shirt and a $100 gift card to Home Creepo. The animals gave me the 4th edition of Looney Tunes DVD.

My mom gave me a bunch of weird stuff like a Cars the movie slot car set... WTH ? I'm 37 not 7 ! Last year she gave me a bunch of Hot Wheels and one of those play mats that have the roads on them.... and a NASCAR pocket game of some sort... crap that's still in my closet.
I want to tell my parents that a gift card to HD or Best Buy would be a much more useful gift, but I don't want to hurt their feelings.

I gave my wife some Irish earrings and a necklace, 'cept the little mom and pop store I bought them at wrapped up the wrong earrings...
Old December 25th, 2007, 02:55 PM

Angry

I got to spend $1100 on an electric service due to the ice storm we had week of 12/10, also another $500 for debris cleanup thats with what I had already cut up.
I wanted a set of springs for my Delta. Well, you have to look at the positive. Springs can come this ........spring. So my Christmas is on the south side of my house with wires hooked to it.

Last edited by kevinkpk; December 25th, 2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old December 25th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I got a blown water pump on the Jeep.

2 days ago I got a free trans though, so hey.

It has been awful to change so far, but I haven't broken anything yet.
An hour and a half of taking stuff apart, and I still haven't gotten the power steering assembly off yet. The radiator fins are starting to crumble in the corners too
Old December 26th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Past Administrator

A desktop cigar humidor from my wife and kids.
Old December 26th, 2007, 05:26 AM

i got a american muscle clock and my cutlass got a flat.
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM

Work

I got to work the 4 day Holiday! Meant to stop & buy a Big Buddy Heater as my Christmas present. But Christmas Eve turned into a 12 hour day. And now the sale is over. Oh well, it'll be on sale again.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Don
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:00 PM
...should get a life....

I got a Navman (I know my way all over Sydney), some Italian Cologne (I don't even wear aftershave), 3 DVDs( I've seen 2 of the movies) a business shirt & tie (I bought 3 last week) and 2 Queen CDs......Queen 1 & 2 (my favourites.....from the 70's). But I love 'em all, I'll use 'em and be thankful that I got 'em.
I kept asking my wife what she wanted for Xmas..."I don't want anything,....just get the @$@# bathroom renovations done !"
So I bought her some taps.
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:20 PM

my wife and kids got me my favorite Christmas cartoon on DVD. how the Grinch stole Christmas.
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM

I got an NOS GM under seat litter container, pretty dorky but cool - and functional
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Just a shirt
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:09 PM
olds..older..oldest

Wifey and I decided a few years ago to take the Christmas money for each other and donate it to local charites,as we pretty well get what we want throughout the year anyway. Donations to: "Precious Paws"[a charity that adopts out abandoned animals], and another to the Regional Cancer Centre[specializes in breast and prostate cancer]. On a practical note, the kids got me a 12V jack to make tire and oil changes easier on our 6 vehicles,and a Garmin Skycaddie GPS unit so I can see how far the golf hole is, and then shank it 60 yards to the right [and spend 10 minutes looking for my ball in the woods]!
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
GM Enthusiast

For Christmas, Santa brought me some parts for my Cutlass: some new rubbers, spring ring battery cables and a couple of other small parts.
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by 70 cutlass s
Just a shirt
Does it fit ???
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
Does it fit ???
Yes it does, I also forgot I received two gift cards for a total of 35 dollars so not as bad as it sounded before.
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Just A BaBy {:

tools,I'm only 20, so tools as a gift helps me an my Oldsmobile's.As well as 2 games + some shirts,so I have to say Santa was a good man this year.
Old December 26th, 2009, 07:49 PM

The wife and I both got Otterbox Defender IPhone cases. Very cool indeed. Then I got a set of swaybars front and rear for my car as well as a MegaSquirt ECU so I can convert my wagon to EFI. I may get a fiberglass tailgate as a late gift. The wife also Got a cool new welding helmet with a cool paint scheme and larger sheild to see out of. She is also getting a shifter like mine but with different options.
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good things come in 3's. This year Mrs Clause was verrry nice to me.
Now, I know that these were "presents for me" but I know the reality is that whoever gets to the remote first wins. Gotta admit that larger pictures are alot easier to see especially with older eyes....

1. A Wireless surround sound 5.1 for my new TV
2. A new 46" LCD TV
3. A really nice gloss black steel/glass TV stand.

Somehow I don't think anyone's gonna come looking to borrow these ones...
1. A bagel toaster (my wife loves bagels & I love making them for her + it makes her happy and I like keeping her happy)
2. New pajamas (interesting as you get older you need to stay warmer at night)
3. Heating pad for my lower back. (As Jamesbo says, Growing up vs growing old? Tell that to my back, buddy. It's not listening)
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Good things come in 3's. This year Mrs Clause was verrry nice to me.
Now, I know that these were "presents for me" but I know the reality is that whoever gets to the remote first wins. Gotta admit that larger pictures are alot easier to see especially with older eyes....

1. A Wireless surround sound 5.1 for my new TV
2. A new 46" LCD TV
3. A really nice gloss black steel/glass TV stand.

Somehow I don't think anyone's gonna come looking to borrow these ones...
1. A bagel toaster (my wife loves bagels & I love making them for her + it makes her happy and I like keeping her happy)
2. New pajamas (interesting as you get older you need to stay warmer at night)
3. Heating pad for my lower back. (As Jamesbo says, Growing up vs growing old? Tell that to my back, buddy. It's not listening)
Allan R you did pretty good. You must have been extra good this year for Santa to bring you all them gifts.
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:23 AM

New socks, bunchies, undershirts, and some Glad plastic containers [fer leftovers] that NO ONE ever returns.

How about it Sandy,

What was in the big box????
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

What goes around comes around

Originally Posted by 70 cutlass s
Allan R you did pretty good. You must have been extra good this year for Santa to bring you all them gifts.
Extra Good this year? Not really, I think my wife just knows that age is creepin in compared to what I used ta be. I'm very thankful and appreciative for a family who appreciates me in return. I'm lucky i guess. I don't ask for anything much during the year and try to anticipate needs, and be considerate to my wife and son as much as possible.
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

My Wife and Family are the greatest,a new computer chair,a USB flash drive(more high tech stuff that will take me a month to figure out how to use)...and this,isn't it just beautiful
My Wife was very sneeky,she found my parts wish list I made after getting the car,then took up donations from Family members,this is what my Brother told her I would like the best.

DSC01949.jpg

DSC01950.jpg

I am stoked!!!
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Gave Juju a new camera (movie type) that she wanted. I've learned how to operate and take pictures for our very large Christmas gathering (8 sleeping at the house, two of them on a bed in the basement we set up). We had about 60 yesterday evening of her side of the Family, and last Sunday we went to my cousin's in Dennison for the Hope side; about 50 there. Live band! Juju gave me the model of the '49 Station Wagon. Remarkable detail and paint. Haven't had too much of a chance to check it out, as the house has been FULL of little kids. I hid it, along with all the other model Oldsmobile's in the collection.
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Extra Good this year? Not really, I think my wife just knows that age is creepin in compared to what I used ta be. I'm very thankful and appreciative for a family who appreciates me in return. I'm lucky i guess. I don't ask for anything much during the year and try to anticipate needs, and be considerate to my wife and son as much as possible.
Sounds like your a good father and husband and you have a family that appreciates you very much. I would have to say your family believe your worth it. I would say their right.
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM

I got twice as much as last year..two lumps of coal!
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
New socks, bunchies, undershirts, and some Glad plastic containers [fer leftovers] that NO ONE ever returns.

How about it Sandy,

What was in the big box????
I thought everybody knew what that was?

Santa Sandy said there would be pics and a report?

She's probably been busy taking pics of all the stuff "The Prettiest One" got from Santa since Christmas.

I got some underwear too, one piece with the flap in back, now I can take a bath in the washtub down by the creek in the springtime and change the gotchies I'm wearing now, yeeeee-haa!
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh God!!!!!!! I hope you take your bath and change your underware before engine paintin time!! The only thing I want to be smelling is paint!!! Yes... there will be pics - I'm getting them all loaded from various cameras! I've been busy!!

Jamesbo.... what is bunchies??? I know better than to ask....
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Cutlass Lover

Besides all the wonderful gifts The Prettiest One and I received, I got lots of Gift cards.... new hand weights.... smell good bath stuff... a nightgown... other car stuff like finishing cloths... and Mother's back to black for the Intrigue trim. I was a very good girl this year!
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Got an 11 piece set of those awesome ratcheting wrenches. Fits since last year I got a 150 piece mechanics tool set. Keep getting tools for Christmas and I couldn't be happier.
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Oh God!!!!!!! I hope you take your bath and change your underware before engine paintin time!! The only thing I want to be smelling is paint!!! Yes... there will be pics - I'm getting them all loaded from various cameras! I've been busy!!

Bunchies?... I can only guess.

The people who lived in my old-old house I restored when I was young and ignoranter really did that bath deal back in 1839.
There is a daily journal of a woman that lived there at the library and she said so. You didn't take baths in the winter, not a bad idea if everybody did it.
I hate all that bothersome time consuming hygiene stuff.

I knew you were doing camera work Sandy, now you need another hard drive to store all the photos.

I didn't want anybody to get too envious so I haven't been saying what Santa really brought me.

I saw it on TV a few months back during the Mecum musclecar auction and tears came to my eyes.....Santa knows.

Who said they're too old for toys?... what kind of talk is that?

I also got a flying pig and chicken too, they're weighed down with dog slobber right now from doggie screaming slingshot flying monkey and farm animal retrieval practice.

I should have the Classic Olds logo emroidered on them and sell them here.
Then you'll be able to get Ultimate Cloths, calendars, signs, clocks, Classic Oldsmobile.com's favorite recipes book and flying monkeys here. Some car parts and cars are for sale once in awhile too I guess.

I'll have to contact Chinesium Inc. and see about them making me some screaming flying crawcrabs.
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM

A cool fleece pullover with "Cutlass 1965" embroidered on the chest (very cool), a golf shirt, a Guiness t-shirt and baseball hat, and a bottle of "natural cask strength" Glenlivet single malt scotch.
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:01 AM

The opposite of "Grippies"
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Cutlass Lover

Grippies?? Could be socks... slippers... Are bunchies the opposite of tighty whiteies??? LOL!!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

....I'll have to contact Chinesium Inc. and see about them making me some screaming flying crawcrabs.

That would be funny!!! LOL! You crack me up!! Sounds like you're having fun, playing with your new toys!!! A flying pig and chicken too! LOL!!! I bet the dogs do like that! Come on.... what did Santa bring you??? Those cars on Mecum look so beautiful and shiney under those lights! We watched it the other night. Some of those prices are un-real!! I'd like to have that kind of money!

We have 4-5 inches of snow here this morning... winds are picking up and it's a lovely 18 degrees!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:40 AM

.... new hand weights....
Hand weights,

I'm yold this was the hotest gift and sold out as gifts during the holiday season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpgKv...eature=related
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's funny! Shake weights! Never heard of 'em. I got the plain old regular hand weights!! I love them!!!!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Registered

Shake! Rattle and Roll...

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Hand weights,

I'm yold this was the hotest gift and sold out as gifts during the holiday season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpgKv...eature=related

What would Ellen know about that???

Maybe she should of had her new American Idol cast-mate Ryan Seacrust on the show that day?

The Amish girls use the butter churn, mightaswell get some work done too.

You should see the guns on those babes, they're arms are like pythons and they have grips like a jungle monkey.
Old December 28th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Butter churn??? God!!! I suppose it would work, though. I remember using Grandma's churn years ago... thought my arms would fall off! LOL!! How do you know what their grips are like???
Old December 28th, 2009, 06:56 AM

Butter churn??? God!!! I suppose it would work, though. I remember using Grandma's churn years ago... thought my arms would fall off! LOL!! How do you know what their grips are like???
The last one he winked at put him in choke hold
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

Probably!!! LOL!!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Registered

Yeah, I mistakenly tried to buy a trampoline out from under one of them at a garage sale once.

She bounced me right out of there.

Quick Reply: So, What did you get for Christmas ?