General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

!!!!!!the parts place !!!!!! Please read

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2012, 12:04 PM

!!!!!!the parts place !!!!!! Please read

this is a company that has the worst service in the history of car parts, first you call them to order parts then they treat you like your wasting their time. so you order anyways, the order just happens to be a w-25 hood that i waited for for two week not a big deal but then i open the CARDBOARD BOX and the hood is cracked. i guess this could have happened when they send one guy to deliver this and he basically left it in the road. so now i call the parts place and the jerk tells me that its my problem and they wont do anything for me so basically the rest of the conversation i cant post and it ended with me getting hung up on because he told me i was wasting his time and money so this is just a warning to anyone else on this site or anyone you associate with save your self the agony of dealing with this company
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow how's that for service
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM

who did you speak with
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I can't say I had a negative business experience with them..... but that was because we couldn't even reach that juncture, since they never bothered to contact me back.

My buddy Mark has had good dealings with them, but he lives in Dekalb, IL about 3 miles from their shop.
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:42 PM

one of the guys was joe. i can probably fix the crack but the top is so rippled with highs and lows that i dont thimk there is a body man on the planet that can fix this [if there is let me know]
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
car guy

I never had trouble with service but that never could get the right parts pulled. After 4 orders of getting stuff wrong I was done with them.
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
I never had trouble with service but that never could get the right parts pulled. After 4 orders of getting stuff wrong I was done with them.
X2 I waited for months when I got 2 W exhaust manifolds.
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:08 PM

I've had decent luck with them on smaller items. The only big items I ordered (bumpers) for my 66 I picked up myself. I'm less than an hour away from them.
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM

it seems like a trend is building i wish i would have known this to start with.
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM
71 cutlass convertible

I have used them a couple of times with no problems. But it wasn't anything major. Battery Tray, Hood bumpers and fasteners. Maybe they can only deal with simple small orders.

Larry
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:13 PM

that could be, i know i have spent thousands with fusicks and they have been amazing, the quality and service is exceptional and if i have a problem steve sends me the corrected item
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by lshlsh2
I have used them a couple of times with no problems. But it wasn't anything major. Battery Tray, Hood bumpers and fasteners. Maybe they can only deal with simple small orders.Larry
X2

Originally Posted by devmar07
that could be, i know i have spent thousands with fusicks and they have been amazing, the quality and service is exceptional and if i have a problem steve sends me the corrected item
I'm sorry to hear they ruined your day/week. Glad to know that Fusicks still continues to be a great supplier. BTW? Back in 2004/2005 Fusicks had a contract with Thorntons for their OAI hood. Price? 1365.00 I still have that catalogue..
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM

I have used them a ton and have had no issues with them, though I have been there and heard them talk over the phone, not the greatest with customer service.

As far as the waves on the hood, both my OAI hoods (originals) are like high tide - that's normal.
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:35 PM

well the thorton hood through fusicks is now 2500 and is starting to look like the way i should have gone i just didnt think that there was such a quality difference i guess i will consider it college tuition.
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by devmar07
well the thorton hood through fusicks is now 2500 and is starting to look like the way i should have gone i just didnt think that there was such a quality difference i guess i will consider it college tuition.
Actually Fusicks doesn't sell them anymore. They come straight from Thorntons now that Troy has a new mold and production ramped up. Before you commit to a Thornton hood and the $$$$$ it costs, have a look at this thread started by KDW in his research to buy an OAI: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post378729
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Did they merge with Brother's Automotive? IMO, they had by far the worst CS ever.
Old March 9th, 2012, 02:53 PM

well i usually read posts like that before i buy something because that would have totally swayed me toward the vfn or fiberconcepts hood which i did look at but again figured that the where probably all the same, my mistake.
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM

joe is the owner..lol..

they sent me a cracked spoiler, and said it wasnt their fault, it was aftermarket, and small cracks should expected

ALTHOUGH,,the ad said, and i quote...THE BEST ON THE MARKET, JUST SAND AND PAINT. WE OFFER THE BEST QUALITY SPOLER OUT THERE..

you can see where mine was cracked, it had dirty finger prints on top of the crack, like the packer touched it, or...they shipped it to someone else, it got returned, and they sold it to me...

there many posts about them on V8 Buick too, about bad parts and worse customer service...
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM

I never had a problem with The Parts Place and i always order thru the internet.
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM

There should be some type of insurance through the freight company. They should stand behind it. Can you freeze the payment, call the credit card company?
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
They sent me the wrong Springs and wanted to charge me a 25% Re Stocking fee to return them..
Then they went ahead and charged my Debit Card for the right springs without my authorization.They said they kept my card number on file.And knew I would need the right springs sooner or later...I am a Fusick Guy all the Way..The attitude at Parts Place was way too casual for me.I told the the guy on the phone I have 2 words for you .And it aint Happy Birthday..
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM

the shipping is a catch22...

i tried to open mine right in front of fedex...they wouldnt let me, until i signed for it...once i signed for it, they said too bad, its your problem...NO exaggeration...then of course TPP place said send it back at your expense and we'll let you know, if it get replaced i had to pay for shipping again..that would be time #3..if it wasnt replaced because they felt it was my fault..i had to pay shipping back..

so, basically, i had to pay $120 for 3 shipping charges for a spoiler that cost 200...i just said screw it, and kept it..no more business from me or anyone i know...
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM

if you kept losing business you think maybe you might change your attitude. i do all the custom and standard appliance installs for sears in the central new york area and if the customer doesnt like the product even after months of use they replace the product and look how long theyve been in business. place like the parts place are just out to get everyone once.
Old March 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM

Call your credit card company and dispute the charges.
Cite defective shipped merchandise. You will get your money back.

Yes, Joe is the owner and he's a real cockbag.
I only shopped with them when they were in Elburn 50 minutes from me.

DeKalb is too far so I'm not paying shipping and taxes.....
They don't have good customer service if there is a problem.
Old March 9th, 2012, 04:56 PM

I've known one of their top salesman for 30+ years, and he will be advised of this thread!
He has nothing to do with CS, and I'm sure it will be forwarded to the right person!
We've over 3000 people on this forum, and I'm sure they'd like to know our opinions!!
Old March 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM

that would be great for them to see what we have to say maybe it will be a reality check.i already stopped payment but this could take months before i really know if i dont have to pay and i cant afford a second hood so it looks like my summer driving will be dampened alittle, i have been 2 years on a frame off resto and was hoping this was the final piece. maybe the w-29 hood i have will have to be good enough for now.
Old March 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Rickman48
I've known one of their top salesman for 30+ years, and he will be advised of this thread!
He has nothing to do with CS, and I'm sure it will be forwarded to the right person!
We've over 3000 people on this forum, and I'm sure they'd like to know our opinions!!
Please make sure you post the result of that. It would really suck to see another BAP equivalent out there.
Old March 9th, 2012, 06:45 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Not to Ruffle any Feathers .That isnt my nature.
But
Define Top .....Salesman
Define Top ......Clerk

My Father told me this when I was 12.
"People dont care how much you know ..Until they know how much you care".
Old March 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM

heres a fact..Joe is the owner..Joe calls all the shots...until Joe changes directions, its business as usual..no top "salesman" has the power or ability to make a change like an owner does...
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:28 PM

I've only made one order with TPP, a set of red inners for my wagon. No problems thus far, but then again I have yet to install them. With regards ram air hoods, I have one factory,......and one of Troy's. Both are '70's and are very nice. I paid Troy $1050 in 2001 for his version, Troy's attention to detail became very obvious with the product he sold, as well as the passion he exuded at the Nationals (twice) when discussing the production process. Troy clearly takes a great deal of pride in his product, and strives to provide his customers with the best reproduction parts available. If I needed another hood, I would not hesitate to adjust my finances to buy another Thornton product...even at the current price!!!
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM

I have had several issues with them, despite not buying too much from them!
Most ended up being a heated arguement reminding me of the Monte Python "dead parrot" skit...
After a while of CONSTRUCTIVE arguement, i got my ways all times. If I would not, the CC co would help me out...
Lots of ignoring, finger pointing (at customer) as well.
These guys also sell lots of Chevy stuff marketed as Olds but does not fit. Try to question it and you better have your arguements ready!
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

As much as I may love to argue , Life's too short for that crap.

- Eric
Old March 10th, 2012, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I have had several issues with them, despite not buying too much from them!
Most ended up being a heated arguement reminding me of the Monte Python "dead parrot" skit...
After a while of CONSTRUCTIVE arguement, i got my ways all times. If I would not, the CC co would help me out...
Lots of ignoring, finger pointing (at customer) as well.
These guys also sell lots of Chevy stuff marketed as Olds but does not fit. Try to question it and you better have your arguements ready!
You mean the 69 El Camino part they sent me won't fit my 70 Cutlass? The Parts Place sucks! Now I could have shipped back [at my expense] and ate the brokerage fees and tax paid, and received my money back [minus restocking fee.] Yeah...right!!

[This happened 3 or 4 years ago and I don't deal with'em anymore!!]
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:35 AM

Also had a similar experiance with PP. Only ordered one thing from them, once! Never again!
Now Im dealing with idiots over at Tamaraz for an item ordered January 9th. Just got it a week ago, with NO installation instructions! Now Im waiting for those idiots to email me the wiring diagrams that are supposed to come with the parts! Another Never again!
Fusick is the only reliable company out there in my opinion. You order something, if its not in stock, they tell you, not take you money and hope you dont get pissed off a month from now.
Just my .02!
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:43 AM

They've been great with me bought a W 25 hood there.. Well I got what I expected for the dough..I you want a thorton get one they are much better.. My take on the glasstek hood is it is basically a race car hood so it isn't supposed to be on a show car.. I spent some time with mine sanding and some good primer (epoxy) it turned out o.k. As for service they have screwed up my order called me right back and resent the proper parts on their dime.. No complaints here.. As well, fusicks has done the same for me in the past..
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Man I am certainly in the minority here.. I have bought alot of stuff off of them in the recent past and they have been good.. I will say I have bought more from fusicks and they are always spot on..
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:14 AM

I bought eye brow moldings from Fusic for a 65 cutlass and they are marked :The Parts Place. Fusick must source some parts from them. Slightly more expensive from Fusic. Fusick is the best customer service by far. They make you feel like you are delaing with a good friend from the first time you call.
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM

I have ordered from the parts place without incident, maybe im lucky but i ordered quarters from tamraz and got the run around for about three months cancelled and picked them up at the parts place. While i was there a guy from tamraz was picking up parts, LOL I picked my hood up direct from glasstek and was pretty pleased with it only small tweaks and its good for me?
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by beebee78
While i was there a guy from tamraz was picking up parts, LOL
The Parts Place has reproductions made and is a much MUCH bigger vendor that Tamraz sources from.

Joe is a successful and smart guy, he's just a real dick about customer service.
I've heard from my powdercoater who was doing a 442 frame for him last year that he has a barn full of classics.
He dicked over my powdercoater too for $500, he brought a bent frame and blamed it on the PC'r.......he's got a reputation.

The older guy with the white beard is cool and so is the other younger guy with the glasses at the desk.
But if you have a return issue like the OP's forget it.....you're going to fight for it.

Last edited by Aceshigh; March 10th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:46 AM
bammer

pp

I live a half hour from the parts place,and the owner is a jerk I have went in there numerous times to by parts, and he was acting like I was bothering him,apparently his business is good or he would not treat customers that way,you now whats sad instead of ordering form there i do opg or year one or fusik,maybe when the orders stop coming in he will get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: !!!!!!the parts place !!!!!! Please read