General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

The Parts Place Inc....poor quality????

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:46 AM

The Parts Place Inc....poor quality????

hey folks I just wanted to let you know my experience with these guys...I ordered a spoiler from them to replace my oem broken HO 69 spoiler...on ebay their description states its perfect fitting and an exact reproduction of the original...well I thought I made a good choice thinking that by now they would have the bugs worked out of their products....boy was I wrong....I opened it up and was amazed at how chitty the quality was!!!

the pedastals are mounted crooked and don't fit the trunk at all, they are laying over at angles and they are way too thick and don't match at all....I contacted them and they said send it back, so now Im into this thing for $100 in shipping alone!....opened a case with ebay and the parts place pretty much said we sell thousands of these anually and never had a problem!...lmao....BS you want to tell me knowbody else realized these spoilers are junk? amazed at how they didn't even say sorry or oops or anything....and they refuse to pay for the return shipping on their inferior product!

so just a heads up classic olds members, don't waste your money with a company who doesn't care what their customers have to go through when they misrepresent their products and sell you substandard poor fitting products and then expect the customer to keep paying the shipping back and forth and who knows if I will get a refund once I do ship it back....

have any of you guys had this kind of experience with them? Im telling the truth so damn me for saying it folks! we should as members be able to state the facts to warn other members, if this is wrong or against forum policies you can remove my post....
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM

This is how they do business plus wait for the 25% restocking they will charge you on their crap too. You can not get that or shipping costs back from a Visa dispute. I found that our the hard way doing with them. I now only buy from Supercars Unlimited, Fusick and OPGI. Yes I know issues can happen anywhere. It is how they deal with them that matters
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Parts place spoiler is the same as those sold by Year One, OPGI, Fusick, Tamraz, etc. So to damn one vendor is not really fair. You certainly have the right to express your frustration. FYI, none of the aftermarket deck wings are the same as OEM as far as fit and mounting studs go. OEM has 3 studs on the pedestal, all aftermarket ones only have 2. Honestly, it sounds like you got one that was faulty. I bought one from PP and it was in excellent condition on arrival. They all need to be massaged for exact base to deck lid fit.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience wasn't good. The service at PP has been reported as hit/miss lately. I hope the replacement one passes muster.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM

the fusick model come to find it out is different by far........I should have done more intel on this company......their repore is a joke!.....tons of folks have had the same results come to find out....and yes I will damn them for the way they respond to a problem truly shows their intent and commitment level to helping resolve an issue with THEIR product!....we go through life and make our judgements "hopefully" upon our own experiences and I can tell you they don't give a chit about their customers....if they did they would try to help out the situation......I just shipped it back to them for $66, so now I'm into this Chinese made piece of crap for over $320 and I bet they will charge me a restocking fee on inconvenience fee or some other BS..........classic olds forum member/buyers beware!!!

Last edited by camshaw; July 22nd, 2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

No problem - vent away.
For consideration: OPGI ( http://www.opgi.com/cutlass/1971/she...anels/CT20248/ ) claims the same, but also states correct for 69-72. Not true at all. Deck wing was discontinued in early 71 and NO 72 Cutlass were produced with the deck wing at any Olds factory that year.

Supercars Unlimited ( http://www.supercarsunlimited.com/W-...iler-i344.aspx ) only claims a very good reproduction.

In the spirit of helping, here's a link to a thread that discusses aftermarket vendors for our hobby. Hope it's useful to further research and parts buying.
Where is the best place to buy "correct" replacement Oldsmobile parts?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:38 AM

fusicks isnt the same model i just got off the horn with them. will order it from fusicks. thanks for the links
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:06 PM

Unfortunately, Customer Service, good or bad, starts at the top of the food chain. Their owner/manager obviously has a cavalier attitude toward CS, so his employees do to. The only way to get his attention is to quit buying from them........... continued sales losses make bosses start to question everything, hopefully they will stumble upon their poor customer service rep and get it fixed.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:38 PM

I bought one from OPGI and got the same treatment. I sent it back and lost out on over a hundred bucks for shipping charges! I call Fusick ordered the wing and hood scoop for a 69 Hurst clone. The wing is very nice! Nice mold and three bolt for the pedestal. I'm very happy with them. JMO...
Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:29 PM

Got my wing from USA Parts in Virginia and it was a three stud repop that looks and mounted perfectly. My only experience with Parts Place was my front bumper. Ordered it and by the time UPS got it to my front porch, it was literally halfway out of the box and the chrome was worn off the corner. I called and sent PP pics of the "boxed" item. They went out of their way to send me a replacement that day without waiting on getting the damaged one back even though it wasn't their fault. They sent me a return postage tag I simply slapped on the box, taped it up and called UPS to pick up the damaged item. Sorry for your experience. I know too that with large companies employee turnover is an issue and customer service suffers. I personally like driving to Clemmons, NC to Classic Olds Parts and get my stuff from Jim. I know who I'm buying from and what I'm getting. Can open it and look before I leave. That's just good biz.