General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Probably been asked - Quality of The Parts Place Inc.

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2014, 09:45 PM

Probably been asked - Quality of The Parts Place Inc.

I have tried several searches on CO and can't find much about The Parts Place. I was wondering what experiences people have had with them...the good, bad and ugly. I am thinking of getting a Tick-Tock-Tach from them.

Good move or is someone else a better?

Thanks,
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:02 PM

I have bought several items from them such manual console parts, interior paints and misc. My only complaint was door handles they pitted after two years but I just think its across the board w re-pop chrome pieces the quality of metal is lacking.

I did buy re-pop gauges but they were from Fusicks who if I not mistaken sells to Parts Place or vice versa. No issue w the gauges far as functionality but the lightning is not great. From what I understand due to inside of gauges being white it affects the illumination.

There is a thread on here in regards to this. If I am correct black out the white and problem solved which mine were already installed before seeing this. But other than that they work great.
Dean
Old November 8th, 2014, 08:50 AM

Yeah i bought one and the clock adjustment **** pulled out the second time i went to go adjust itBoy i was pissed and I had it apart and it looks like i wont be able to fix?? Of course i bought it new, but didn't install till it was out of warranty, so that was my bad!! I am sure this is an isolated issue that would only happen to me I did paint it though which Rob had done in one of his threads and it really helped the illumination!! I sell you mine if interested
Old November 8th, 2014, 08:57 AM

My problem with Parts Place is they will not tell you shipping cost until you place the order. Some of their associates are short tempered and talk to you like you do not know what kind of car you have. Right now I am having an issue with them on a parts return. This is my 2 cents,and maybe my guy got up on the wrong side of the bed. We all have bad days
Old November 8th, 2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by bassinguy
My problem with Parts Place is they will not tell you shipping cost until you place the order. Some of their associates are short tempered and talk to you like you do not know what kind of car you have. Right now I am having an issue with them on a parts return. This is my 2 cents,and maybe my guy got up on the wrong side of the bed. We all have bad days
No they are that way 95% of the time, trust me i have dealt with them long enough!!!!
Old November 8th, 2014, 10:12 AM

i had issues with a spoiler..it was shipped broken and they refused to do anything about it..

they could have the most awesome stuff on the planet..and i would never use them again because of their customer service...ever...

use someone else..its probably their parts..but use a different vendor..
Old November 8th, 2014, 03:34 PM

I've bought a few things from Parts Place with no problems.
Guess I was lucky.
I hesitate to do so again only because of horror stories I've heard from others.

I've bought a lot of stuff from OPGI with no problems.
I've heard a fair amount of negatives about them, too, but, my experience with them has been good.
Their sales people seem very decent.
Only complaint I have is quality of some of the stuff I've ordered didn't suit me.
Had to do a few returns. No problems there either.
Old November 8th, 2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by marxjunk
i had issues with a spoiler..it was shipped broken and they refused to do anything about it..

they could have the most awesome stuff on the planet..and i would never use them again because of their customer service...ever...

use someone else..its probably their parts..but use a different vendor..
X2
The owner is a real pompous ***. If I had lived closer I would have driven there and beat the living snot out of him.
Old November 8th, 2014, 05:34 PM

I don't like them. I bought a "NOS" trunklid for my 71 Convertible from them for $1500. (Back in 2005 or so- big bucks) Drove 500 miles to pick it up. Got it home to my body man and found it was a trunklid for a Supreme hardtop that had been modified (corners rounded) to fit a convertible. They did refund the purchase price but had to return it to them, again a 500 mile trip. I don't believe they didn't know that lid was a cobbled POS. It was even in a GM box with the part # for a Supreme hardtop stamped on it. I will never buy from them and anytime someone asks I repeat this event. I like Tamraz they were good to me.
Old November 8th, 2014, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback folks. So who is the best place to get a Tick-Toc-Tach from?
Old November 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by chrisneu68olds
Thanks for the feedback folks. So who is the best place to get a Tick-Toc-Tach from?

Good question, I am partial to Fusicks but a major part of that is they are in my back yard. But I do believe Fusicks was the first to re-pop these, not positive so my feeling is Parts Place maybe getting them from Fusicks. Not sure if there is a price difference or not between the two. Parts Place I am assuming would be cheaper to ship in your case, so ...... Parts Place lol
Old November 10th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Didn't have good luck with a fuel tank sending unit I bought from the Parts Place two years ago. It stopped working last month. Took it out. It's broke. I called Fusick and I'll have a new one tomorrow. X2 for Fusick, costs a little more, but they sure do deliver stuff fast.
Old November 10th, 2014, 05:44 AM

I just bought some pretty substantial orders from TPP, Fusick, ILT and Ames. I am working on a more detailled thread about the pros and cons for each, but another major factor to consider is the quality of the shipment itself. This means how well the individual parts packaging is done, as well as the overall shipping container (box) and how it is loaded. This is obviously important in order to not have to deal with damage caused in the shipping process itself. My ratings, at least in my experiences:

1) Fusick - well secured, little movement in the shipping box, good indidual parts packaging, strong shipping container

2) ILT - much the same as Fusick, but not as well packed in the shipping box

) TPP - Terrible individual parts packaging, lousy placement in the box

4) Ames - The worst. Crappy lightweight box, no void fill, parts ratting around damaging each other.
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:16 AM

I didn't know AMES sold Olds parts, unless it was generic GM parts. I have bough lots of parts from AMES over the years for my Pontiac and they have always been great! Does TPP stand for Terrible Parts Packaging?