Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Just an FYI on the W-25 glass/steel hoods from The Parts Place Inc.

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:46 AM

Just an FYI on the W-25 glass/steel hoods from The Parts Place Inc.

I ordered one of these hoods in a W-30 package deal from The Parts Place inc almost 2 months ago now.

2-3 weeks after I placed the order, the hood, tail and everything else showed up within their expected delivery time. Of course the hood was damaged (sorry no pics) the rear corner area was almost completely busted off. I refused to accept the hood, which is what they told me to do if I found damage. I sent it back with another 3 week wait time. The 2nd hood showed up today, and once again, it was busted in the rear on the opposite corner this time, so I had to refuse it again.

I will say their customer service has been good, and I’ll give a good example of that in a second. I really wish they would learn how to package these things!

The initial parts showed up, including the tail, which was in acceptable shape, not busted anyway. It will however, need a lot of work straitening and even the towers will need filler work. In my initial order, they shipped me two drivers side red inner fenders, and after seeing the hood I was a bit ticked off, but I called them and they said they would ship me a single passenger side red inner fender, and they told me just go ahead and keep the drivers side! Considering what those things cost, that’s pretty good customer service in my book, or it at least helps me deal with the frustration on the hood lol.

I took a few seconds to check out both hoods for straightness and amount of finish work to make them straight. I will say both hoods were very reasonable as far as the amount of work needed. I’ve dealt with some nightmares before when it comes to glass hoods. Their injection molded process or who ever makes them isn’t too bad at all. I would say the hood that showed up today would only need maybe a golf ball size of total filler and some good high build primes and it could be blocked arrow straight.
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:26 AM

Where are you, and how was it shipped?

Funny - a leopard can change it's spots - who did you deal with??
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM

I'm in San Diego, CA. It was shipped by a trucking company both times. I can't remember who I dealt with on the phone, I'll look at my paperwork, I might've wrote the name down.

It'll probably be a few weeks before the 3rd hood shows up...