General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Issues with Savitske Classic and Customs?

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 71 OLDS
Wow just read this entire thread. To give a different side to this I have been working with Mark for years and successfully purchased thousands of dollars in parts from him. It was never a fast turn around and I always stay on top of my orders and drive vendors crazy by calling them weekly or even daily for updates, but this is the first negative thing I've heard about Mark or SC&C. I actually was just on the phone with him last week talking about my latest plans. He did tell me he was working from home and believe it's legit that he, like many vendors out there, are not taking new orders right now. However all that said this does sound really bad. Hopefully it will all get worked out and you will either get your parts or get a refund. I have never met anyone who knows and understands 68-72 GM A bodies suspensions like Mark. Every single upgrade I made on my car that he suggested made huge improvements. He always takes time to give advice even on products he doesn't sell. In all the years I've worked with him he never said or did one thing that made me feel like he was a scammer.

-Joe
Joe, I'm really happy to hear you've had positive experiences with him. Heck it even helps me feel better to hear you think he runs a 100% legit business without any questionable practices, as I am hoping this will be resolved shortly. It was feedback from many members like you that led me to spending so many hard earned dollars with him. As you may have seen in the earlier posts, it was found that my situation wasn't so unique. Starting in late 2018 and early 2019 other people seemed to have very similar extended delays that didn't add up.
Old May 14th, 2020, 12:08 PM

Update - Still not resolved. Hopefully a resolution soon.

Credit card company spent the last month and a half requesting additional information from me only for me to reach out to ask for an update and be told they had decided it was denied and closed the case. I was told the specific reason was due to the fact that it was beyond the 120 days from the charge date....In this entire time, they never even bothered to reach out to Mark or contact me for clarification. The rep said, I understand what you're saying regarding the back order status but policy states...I'm continuing to push for them to reopen the case and reevaluate further (or until what I noted below is finalized) but the supervisor made it sound like nothing would be changed.

I emailed Mark relaying as such and demanding he give my money back since the credit card company was not going to work this out with him, as he had suggested. I did note that I'd be contacting an attorney and heading to PA to speak with him directly if he didn't. I got a call back a couple of hours later, with him saying he'd was now willing and able to pay me back. I was told he's still a one man show at the moment, working from home. The interesting part is that he told me he has been taking orders again. He must have recently opened again. Short of the story, he said he'd have a check in the mail today. I'm hoping to find it in my mailbox by this upcoming Saturday or Monday. I'll update again once it clears and this entire story comes to an end. I really would like this to be resolved and behind me.

On a side note, I touch on something a few members had suggested might be happening. At the end of March/early April he said he didn't have the ~$2,500 to refund me. Now just a month and a half later he's taking orders and can pay me. I really hope for the sake of those placing new orders that he's not going to put them into the same circumstances I found myself.

I hope for Mark and everyone who orders from him all is well and without issue and things get on track. For me, the suspect delays (when the direct suppliers didn't indicate delays) and then suddenly being told he had no money to return to me has left me to seriously doubt all is well and believe something else was going on. That's just my personal feeling after having experienced the horror of feeling like I was left out to dry for money I had paid out.

This whole thread was started because I felt I was the only one who was having recent issues with SC&C and was somehow completely missing something. So much of the earlier feedback had been positive. I appreciate everyone's recent feedback. This turned into a diary of sorts so others could follow along on my journey and (hopefully) resolution, it's helped me feel like I was sharing the story with people who may understand it better. It was never meant to be anything other than an ask for feedback and then a PSA of my situation, so that others who may encounter a similar issue would know they're not alone. I do hope that I am the only one.
Old June 19th, 2020, 04:40 PM

Hope you got your $$$ back or will be getting it soon. I just ordered $1,000 in rear suspension parts from Mark and he charged the full amount to my CC as always. Will update how things go here - good or bad.

-Joe
Old June 25th, 2020, 05:55 AM

@72oldscutlass442 Did you ever receive your money back from Mark?

I created a login for this site just to join the conversation. I own a 70 Monte Carlo and purchased "The Basics" kit from him back on October 14, 2019! I also read the excellent reviews about his kits and was VERY impressed with his knowledge when speaking to him on the phone. I didn't hesitate to place my order! He did tell me there were going to be shipping delays and I said no worries because I was in no rush...boy did I not realize what "shipping delays" really were. I don't recall him giving me a time frame, but maybe remember him saying that he was just plain busy that time of year for people stocking up for "winter projects". Don't quote me, but it was along those lines.

So the ball joints and HD sway bar links came pretty quick. I e-mailed him March 9 to see about the other items as the COVID deal was just starting to hit, no response. Called on a regular basis, left voicemail, didn't leave voicemail, called from my work number in hope he would answer a different phone number, nothing. Then March 19, out of the blue, he sent me a tracking number for my springs. Excellent! So they arrived. He also included in his e-mail:

"We should see more parts shipping soon. We were already very regrettably behind in orders before this stupid Corona thing, now we're facing delays all over the place from that too. Some parts are still shipping every day, it's just taking longer to catch up than we'd like. Thanks so much for your patience."

So I gave him another month or two before bothering him again. I made several phone calls in May and June. No answer, no response to my voicemails. I e-mailed April 26 and again today with a little more assertion and made mention of a refund and his lack of communication. I've been very patient for over 8 months. and decided to start google searching. A few bad reviews on Google and one on BBB like you said. A little chatter on another Pontiac page like you said, but I wanted to see how you made out on here. I'll give him a week or two, but will also look into disputing the credit card charge, but don't know how that will work if I only received a partial order. I understand the COVID disaster, but that was the March time frame. Eight months is getting a bit ridiculous and I've been more patient (and forgetful) that most.

I found this on his website so he clearly is "around":

"SC&C is OPEN, taking calls, e-mails and web orders. We are now on PA`s Yellow Level Quarantine, which is essential businesses only, masks etc.. We no longer have to do everything from home but still have limitations similar to what most of the US has been dealing with for the last couple months. It`s still restrictive but much less so than Red Level and is certainly a step in the right direction. Like everyone else we`re really looking forward to getting back to business as usual! In the mean time please bear with me while I`m still working with no support staff.
A very sincere thanks to you all for your patience and patronage during this global unpleasantness. Take care."

In summary, I received all springs, ball joints, and HD sway bar links, but am MISSING both sway bars and 4 Varishocks.

I was curious how you or anybody else has made out with SC&C thus far. Your help is much appreciated!

Regards,
Ryan Washington
Old June 25th, 2020, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Looks like the Covid19 thing just basically gave him an out in trying to cover his ineptitude and the problems with his business.
Old June 25th, 2020, 10:01 AM

And here I was thinking BAP was a problem. This guy will pull your pants down and do you from the back while he's standing in front of you. Sorry, don't care how good of a guy he is, these continuing scheme stories make my blood boil. He's profiting and scamming people. His good intentions has been gone a long time ago. He continues this bullcrap and nothing is seemingly being done about it.

He's obviously not owning any of his mistakes. He's hiding from them. So that means he knows he's screwing up, and he's not taking responsibility. He continues to screw over his customer base. Which I hope is shrinking by the minute. Who the F would want to do business with a cheat and a liar like this? This isn't just one mishap, which could be understandable. This is apparently a systemic issue with his way of doing business. The hobby has no room for deceiving thieves like this.

If'n it were me, I'd bang him back. Has anyone filed an FTC complaint here? After 30 days of charging your card and not shipping, he's REQUIRED to contact you to give you options or a refund, or risk facing penalties. You want to see someone change their business acumen real fast?

I posted up some FTC's rules about this back in post #7, but here's another snippet from their website. Be an informed consumer to keep the playing fields level. Get your credit card company involved. Earlier the better. It sucks, but who's going to protect you if you don't protect yourself.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...never-received
Old June 25th, 2020, 01:29 PM

@ChevroletR I did. But it took until the third week of May and several more back and forth conversations with him before I received a business check from him for the refund.

On another another note, if you dispute the charge, be ready to be VERY CLEAR with the credit card company. Beyond 30-60 days after payment the card company automatically considered the dispute closed based on the order date, unless you are 110% clear with them that they understand the services/parts were not delivered.

I thought I was very clear on the timeline but from what one of the reps told me, they did not bother to read my written letter outlining the details and solely went off the order date in 2019. They denied the claim. After several more hours of calls and being placed on hold I finally got them to hear me out and understand the situation. They said they would manually review the case and reopen it if found valid. Shortly after this, Mark had finally agreed to refunding me the money directly. Then near the end of May I receive a call from Mark telling me they pulled the funds from his account. When I called the card company, they told me they reopened the case....By this time I had deposited Mark's check.

I've since spent several more hours trying to help Mark clear that up as he's followed up promptly to tell me he hasn't received communication from the card company or visa. My wife thinks I'm crazy for lifting a single finger to help him resolve a problem he created.....but I'm just not the kind of guy to do someone wrong regardless. I do find it very ironic though. For so many months his communication was so poor. For several months I was owed $2,500 from Mark while also having to pay an additional $2,500 directly to Baer to settle the order. I had over $5,000 for just over $2,500 in parts. During this time, he had no urgency to answer or return my attempts to reach him. Now, that he had refunded me and Visa pulled the funds from his account as well he had followed up with me 1-2 times a week.

I consider the matter resolved now. Thankfully...

One other side note, I'm just now finally getting all the parts installed. Having all sorts of problems with the front suspension height. His Touring package dropped the front nearly 3 inches. Talked to SPC about their parts (upper/lower a arms and springs are SPC). They said it's a common question they hear when people buy from Mark. Mark told me my suspension would drop about 1" to 1 1/2". SPC said their springs lower by 1.3", they're lower a arms lower by 1" and the tall Howes ball joints Mark has them press in at their shop drop it another 0.5", at least. With stock fenders I cannot turn the wheel nor ride over any uneven surface.

After reading another post on a Chevelle forum saying they had the same problem with Mark's package I've since had to buy stock height UMI Performance springs. Hoping that does the trick...but I've also purchased standard lower ball joints too. Now I have SPC parts front springs I cannot use, and which are no longer able to be returned as I'm not going to fight Mark on this at this point. Otherwise the kit looks good, just do the homework on the ride height.
Old June 25th, 2020, 07:25 PM

Don’t go back to standard height lower ball joints. It will compromise the front suspension geometry and negate some of the benefits of installing the aftermarket parts.

SPC makes a spacer kit that bolts into the spring pocket of the lower control arm. Get the kit and install it instead of the ball joints.

I have the same SPC set up with the longer ball joints, Global West 1” lowering springs, and the spacer kit. My front ride height is just about right. I bought the multiple four spacer kit, but believe I only installed one in each lower A-arm.

Last edited by 70Rocket; June 26th, 2020 at 06:05 AM.
Old June 25th, 2020, 07:30 PM

These are the SPC spacers you need instead of the standard height ball joints.

https://www.spcalignment.com/index.p...tion&pid=94346

Last edited by 70Rocket; June 28th, 2020 at 01:23 PM.
Old June 26th, 2020, 06:00 AM
Car Nerd

Originally Posted by 72oldscutlass442
I thought I was very clear on the timeline but from what one of the reps told me, they did not bother to read my written letter outlining the details and solely went off the order date in 2019. They denied the claim. After several more hours of calls and being placed on hold I finally got them to hear me out and understand the situation. They said they would manually review the case and reopen it if found valid. Shortly after this, Mark had finally agreed to refunding me the money directly. Then near the end of May I receive a call from Mark telling me they pulled the funds from his account. When I called the card company, they told me they reopened the case....By this time I had deposited Mark's check.

I've since spent several more hours trying to help Mark clear that up as he's followed up promptly to tell me he hasn't received communication from the card company or visa. My wife thinks I'm crazy for lifting a single finger to help him resolve a problem he created.....but I'm just not the kind of guy to do someone wrong regardless. I do find it very ironic though. For so many months his communication was so poor.
I had a similar experience regarding refunds from the CC company vs squaring with Mark, though I did not receive a refund but rather did get my parts delivered. When I told Mark (after several negative responses to my calls and emails) that I challenged the CC charges, he'd told me that I needed to get back with my CC company to remove the dispute because he'd already shipped the pieces. I told him I would talk to the CC company after receiving my parts, which I did. They said they would allow the charges to go through, but they kept the money in my account for quite a while, long enough that probably if I had been the sort to do this type of thing, I could have probably kept the parts and the money given that Mark is so disorganized that he might not catch it. I had to call the bank back again and re-affirm that I received the product I'd paid for, and finally the money went back out, presumably to Mark, and at that point I finally considered the matter at an end.
Old June 26th, 2020, 09:29 AM

So many problems with this vendor. He's a scammer but many say he's a nice and knowledgeable guy. Aren't most con artists. If they weren't convincing in the first place no one would give them money upfront. They always have excuses. I'm surprised he didn't say his dog died also. No wonder some wives hate the old car hobby, thousands of dollars down the drain. I guess the only option is to stick with the bigger more well known companies like Mondello or Ross Racing Engines, hmmmm on second thought maybe not. Seeing how he's so knowledgeable maybe it would be better if he'd just make up a list of parts and the vendors who sell the parts and just charge a "consulting" fee. Jmo.
Old June 26th, 2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kennybill
So many problems with this vendor. He's a scammer but many say he's a nice and knowledgeable guy. Aren't most con artists. If they weren't convincing in the first place no one would give them money upfront. They always have excuses. I'm surprised he didn't say his dog died also. No wonder some wives hate the old car hobby, thousands of dollars down the drain. I guess the only option is to stick with the bigger more well known companies like Mondello or Ross Racing Engines, hmmmm on second thought maybe not. Seeing how he's so knowledgeable maybe it would be better if he'd just make up a list of parts and the vendors who sell the parts and just charge a "consulting" fee. Jmo.

Mark and SC&C weren’t always like this. I’ve done business in the past with the company and never had an issue. Mark’s advice and and customer service was once increadible. I’ve spent an hour or two on the phone discussing goals, setups, and budgets with him on a number of occasions. No one else that dealt with classic cars ever devoted that much time. Anyone else and I usually just got a sales rep that was trying to push parts versus design a solution.

I am not defending SC&C’s current treatment of customers in anyway. But I suspect the company got into a cash flow issue in the past couple of years and can’t dig itself back out. Small business cash flow problems aren’t always the owners taking the customers money and running for the hills. It’s often times expanding and taking on too much too quickly without understanding first, second, and third order financial impacts.

If Mark really wanted to screw people, he would take as much customer money in as he could, pay down his debts, and declare bankruptcy. Sure, customers could seek restitution, but they would be in line with any other outstanding creditor for remaining assets. Usually, customers who put down deposits loose out in bankruptcy.

Again, I am not defending SC&C. I have steered recent business to other vendors because of more and more issues coming up in forums. But, I think the issue is related to some underlying personal crisis or fundamental business failure in the past two years as opposed to a Mark setting out to be a scam artist.

In the end it doesn’t really matter the why or the intent, customers are still getting screwed. I really hate to see this, because for a number of years SC&C was the best place for the average guy to get good recommendations that fit their goals and financial resources.

Last edited by 70Rocket; June 26th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old June 29th, 2020, 03:24 PM

Update - my rear suspension parts arrived exactly when Mark said they would. They are installed and I'm still a very happy customer. Every part I've ordered from him has been exactly what he told me it would be and provided the improvement he promised. Sorry to hear of others issues but I've got nothing but positive things to say and all positive feedback.

-Joe
Old June 29th, 2020, 04:33 PM

Unfortunately, this is why 'big box' stores are so popular and the little guy struggles, often times self inflicted.
Old June 30th, 2020, 07:11 AM

Back in the 1970s, pre-Internet, business classes stressed the importance of the "satisfied" customer. A disgruntled customer bad mouthing your business could possibly reach out to 250 people locally. Screw the right 100 customers and your out of business. The Internet is the great multiplier. This business owner should have nipped this problem in the bud. I live near Ross Racing Engines and have met the Father. Always heard good things and I talked positive about the business even though I'd never used him. After personally talking to someone, along with the "other" horror stories from this site, I tell everyone "buyer beware." If I experience bad service/parts/food/etc, I don't just blow it off. I go right to the Owner and tell them of the problem and or person and tell them, that person/problem is going to put you out of business if you don't rectify it now. All Owners I've had problems with want to rectify the problem. I refuse reimbursement and make it clear, I'm not trying to get anything for free or shake them down but I'm actually making a point about their business problems. Any business Owners I've had this discussion with have thanked me, hopefully sincerely. As the song goes, "Better take care of Business, Mister Business Man, if you can." Jmo
Old June 30th, 2020, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 70Rocket
These are the SPC spacers you need instead of the standard height ball joints.

https://www.spcalignment.com/index.p...tion&pid=94346
Thanks for the heads up! I did try the SPC four spacer kit and used two per side to give an inch back, but it still wasn’t enough. I did add the UMI Perf stock height springs and stock height shocks and it sits good now. I didn’t have to touch the lower tall ball joints, so I was really happy to keep the Howe’s.
Old June 30th, 2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 72oldscutlass442
Thanks for the heads up! I did try the SPC four spacer kit and used two per side to give an inch back, but it still wasn’t enough. I did add the UMI Perf stock height springs and stock height shocks and it sits good now. I didn’t have to touch the lower tall ball joints, so I was really happy to keep the Howe’s.
I've got SPC upper and lower arms with the tall upper and lower ball joints, and 1" drop UMI coils. It sits very low, and I needed to add a shim on the driver side to help fix the "lean." It looks killer, but I'm going to swap to coilovers and using spacers and the adjustable coilover spring, nail the ride height where I want it for more drive-ability.
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:39 PM

Here is where my ride height ended up with the changes I made.

Old July 1st, 2020, 07:13 AM

Looks great! What are your tire sizes?
Old July 1st, 2020, 12:16 PM

@Mr Nick Thanks! Tires - Nittos all around. Front: 255/50R17, Rear: 275/50R17. Wheels - YearOne SSII 17s, staggered 17 x 8 and 17 x 9.
Old September 9th, 2020, 04:49 PM
69442 Gig Harbor

I will add my name as a "waiter" for parts from Mark at SC&C. I am a business guy, heavily focused on cultivating good customers. I don't think he understands the customer concept. I had to get a refund earlier this year on front end parts for my 69 442 rebuild. I went with Hotchkiss and am very happy--instant delivery!
I really resent him charging my credit card, then giving me crickets for weeks on end.....
Dave R
1969 Olds 442 convertible
Old September 9th, 2020, 04:59 PM

That thief ought to close his doors before more people get f**ked. JMO. Intent has no bearing in business. Keeping money and not sending parts is akin to lying and stealing. He doesn't have the authority to "borrow" your money for months on end.
Old September 29th, 2020, 12:03 PM
69442 Gig Harbor

Yes!
I wish I had read this before buying parts. I just disputed a credit card charge because the part is not here--ordered on July 11. Excuses, excuses--but no parts. He is off my list of vendors.
Old October 11th, 2020, 03:33 PM

This thread saved me headache and hassle. Talked to a guy who’s been out of the game 10+ years who highly recommended Mark and SC&C. I’m a younger guy who’s very internet and research savvy. After my normal due diligence before ordering, I stumbled across this thread. Just want to thank OP for helping me keep my hard earned money. Every dollar counts toward my build and would have definitely been a major blow requiring many months of saving to recover. Thank you.
Old November 24th, 2020, 01:14 PM

Wish I had read this before as well. Luckily, I am out only a very small amount of money right now. I would have recommended this vendor based on my previous experience and established reputation from a few years ago. This year, I ordered something simple. Received confirmation order was received, card was charged. No parts, no updates, and no replies to inquiries. Any excuses he offers anyone are just that. It is with a great deal of trust that customers pay for parts in advance. To continue to accept online orders and accept payment for them, then to fail to process the order, give updates, or respond is a breach of that trust. Don't really care about all the complications for running an online business, that is his actual business. He is showing everyone how he is able to run an online parts ordering business. Tracking number mix ups, shipper delays, low stock on specialized items are just cover-ups for the reality. Likely taking our money to fund other peoples unfulfilled orders. It took a while for the titanic to sink, we may be at the right after the dinner banquet part.

Stick with well run companies, that have track record of customer service and in stock inventory.

I know people complain about getting screwed by big companies. But how common is it for people who are trying to help out the little guy, the local guy, who end up getting ghosted or screwed or lied too. I bet everyone knows someone that has happened to.

Too bad, he had a well established reputation... it's in ruin now...
Old November 24th, 2020, 04:11 PM
69442 Gig Harbor

Update Savitske 11-24-20

Originally Posted by 455rkt
Wish I had read this before as well. Luckily, I am out only a very small amount of money right now. I would have recommended this vendor based on my previous experience and established reputation from a few years ago. This year, I ordered something simple. Received confirmation order was received, card was charged. No parts, no updates, and no replies to inquiries. Any excuses he offers anyone are just that. It is with a great deal of trust that customers pay for parts in advance. To continue to accept online orders and accept payment for them, then to fail to process the order, give updates, or respond is a breach of that trust. Don't really care about all the complications for running an online business, that is his actual business. He is showing everyone how he is able to run an online parts ordering business. Tracking number mix ups, shipper delays, low stock on specialized items are just cover-ups for the reality. Likely taking our money to fund other peoples unfulfilled orders. It took a while for the titanic to sink, we may be at the right after the dinner banquet part.

Stick with well run companies, that have track record of customer service and in stock inventory.

I know people complain about getting screwed by big companies. But how common is it for people who are trying to help out the little guy, the local guy, who end up getting ghosted or screwed or lied too. I bet everyone knows someone that has happened to.

Too bad, he had a well established reputation... it's in ruin now...
Old November 24th, 2020, 04:14 PM
69442 Gig Harbor

I am still trying, through CitiBank to get a refund. Vendor said he shipped it....but has no documentation, and I have not received it. This may take time, but I will get a refund. Beware, he charges your credit card the moment you order, then goes silent. I can't believe he is destroying his business. DaveR
Old February 9th, 2021, 09:09 PM

I posted the following on Chevelles.com first, I just joined this forum to put it here too.I hate the Idea that i just joined a forum to bash someone, but I am NOT HAPPY about how this has gone down..... I actually DO have a 68 Cutlass S in my backyard, a future project for my adult daughter . I will be posting about that elsewhere here. My suspension kits were for my 66 Elcamino, and 65 malibu SS...

I bought a couple kits from Mark, and they took about 4 months in 2015 or 2016,(4000.00) and 2 months in 2018(2700$) for everything to come in. the order in 2016 was delayed by the same lower arms as the poster above(changing to a newer stronger design arm.)

So, I LOVED my second kit, still never installed the first, so I couldn't tell you. The problem now is, after I loved mine so much, I told my Stepson to give Mark a call, he bought the under 3000.00 Touring car kit for his 72 Chevelle. He paid by CC on line in April 2020...

The last time I talked to Mark in about September, or October. We ended up talking for 30 minutes(less than the other times, on my orders). He said the Pandemic had everything messed up, and He didn't have his guy around to get the orders going, he wasn't "essential" and wasn't supposed to be in his place of business working. He told me how he had to meet the UPS guy there once a week during the worst of the shutdown.

At that time, he told us to expect the first items in about a week, all items within a month. I started trying to call him every couple weeks, after we waited a few more weeks, and he never answers anymore. I emailed him telling him I don't want to put it on the forums, but we needed to hear from him, NOTHING. I told my stepson to try and reverse the charges, I am pretty sure he will not be able to do that this late in the game.

WE STILL HAVE NOTHING DELIVERED!!!!!!!!!! 10 months. after paying for almost 3000.00 worth of parts.

Mark, if you read this, give me a call, I have left my number on your answering machine at least 6 or 8 times. I will do so again tomorrow.

Frank
Old March 28th, 2021, 05:44 AM
Administrator

I saw on the Chevelle site that SC&C has entered into chapter 13.
Old March 28th, 2021, 08:46 AM

Use FTC rules to hop on these deadbeat vendors and grind them into the ground. It's probably good that he's doing a Chapter 13. As long as he doesn't come back and screw more people. I don't care how cool the guy is at the local bar or if you're sharing a beer. This guy screws people REPEATEDLY and seemingly without remorse. And he's still doing it. He does act somewhat ashamed by going into hiding when you try and hold his feet to the fire. Scumbag. And he did it to himself. Nobody else to blame. It's one thing for something to happen every now and again. The best excuse came along last February when Covid hit. It already coincided with his drag-*** delivery times. They only stop when you f**k them back.

Billed for Merchandise You Never Received | FTC Consumer Information
Old September 25th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Disc brake guy

This fills me with sadness - Mark had some awesome parts and significant knowledge; but did not spend his time wisely.

For those of you not personally involved with this issue, kindly curb your tongue. Covid has wreaked havoc on our own supply chain and we have lost 2 major vendors. - and others we deal with report similar issues: mushrooming orders and vendor issues.

Patience is needed here, not venom.
Old September 25th, 2021, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scarebird
This fills me with sadness - Mark had some awesome parts and significant knowledge; but did not spend his time wisely.

For those of you not personally involved with this issue, kindly curb your tongue. Covid has wreaked havoc on our own supply chain and we have lost 2 major vendors. - and others we deal with report similar issues: mushrooming orders and vendor issues.

Patience is needed here, not venom.
His problems started before before covid. However covid became a convenient excuse.
Old September 26th, 2021, 03:30 AM

What if we didn't have to wait on a slow boat for everything? Oh, it sounds like a wonderful idea!

Wait. Wut?
Old September 27th, 2021, 09:14 AM
Disc brake guy

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
His problems started before before covid. However covid became a convenient excuse.
I agree - I wondered how he had the time to process orders with all the time he spent on the phone and not allowing online orders.

I do not use the phone for this precise reason.

As others state, to me Savitske's issues are more bad resource management than malice.