General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

I'M Done with JEGS, Next!

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Oldscarnut

I'M Done with JEGS, Next!

I have had to re-order at least half of the parts I have ordered in the last two months from all sorts of sources, RockAuto, Ebay, Amazon, Summit, JEGS, AUTOZONE, NAPA. I have the correct parts numbers and the correct applications, but someone filling the order doesn't read well. The final straw was JEGS. 1st they backordered the 2711intake manifold, not their fault, Edelbrock's. They were supposed to get it and ship it June 7. On June 13 I CALLED them because they said and did nothing about the backorder. I told them to switch to the 7111 intake. A few more days slid by and nothing, so I called again and it is like the first time they have heard from me, but they agree to swap it and I should have the part June 21. When I finally get the confirmation, on Tuesday this week, they have somehow found an address for me from 2008 and that is where it is headed. I call again and the customer service person says they'll ship it out for Friday delivery and stop the other delivery, NO CHARGE? So again, I finally get the tracking info today and it is supposed to be delivered TUESDAY!!!!!! HOLY COW! I have weekends to work on my car and these idiots keep dropping the ball. I had a carburetor built and shipped in less time, but have nothing to put it on! If you have to buy parts, please skip JEGS!!!!!!! There are plenty better! So my engine will sit on the stand untouched for a another full week! Totally disgusted doesn't begin to describe the feeling since MAY when I was almost done! I started off in no hurry and after all the delays caused by lousy clerks and slow shipping, I may not be finished before I have to park it for 8 more months! GRRRRRRRRRR BTW they did offer me a $25 gift card.....that makes it about a dollar a day for their lateness! I do not need to hear how good your experiences have been because mine was totally bad and I will not ever buy another thing from them!

Last edited by Chuck Cole; June 20th, 2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old June 21st, 2019, 04:02 AM

im sorry to hear of your delays and feel your pain, im in the same boat !i have to work extra nights and weekends to earn extra money for this hobby and when it comes time to buy the parts i need i want them in a timely manner so i can plan my time to work on the cars.i recently bought a new steering box for my 80 cutlass that im swapping a 455 in .needed a quick ratio box that accepted the flared fittings from my pump and a 3/4 output shaft so my steering shaft would fit properly .sounds easy .explained this in detail to a lares rep so i would get it right .WRONG! got one with a 13/16 output shaft now its all gotta be boxed up shipped back and wait for the new one.2 week setback . i generally have good luck with rock auto and summit ,but haven't used jegs much
Old June 21st, 2019, 05:10 AM

Bummer. I think we've all had those experiences.

I recently ordered lifters and pushrods from RockAuto for my Olds. They came in about a week but one of the lifters was the wrong part number. I called their customer service and they credited me the $2 for the lifter. I did some checking and I found out I could have used the lifter, but it wasn't what I ordered.
Old June 21st, 2019, 07:03 AM
Oldscarnut

That is so aggravating, With computers and cross parting, there should be no question whether it fits. I stockpiled the parts so in some cases they sat for weeks before I tried to use them. I believe it is the new generation of technicians vs mechanics. There needs to be an understanding of what we are talking about and repaiting not necessarily wholesale parts replacement. I went with the manufacturers of the time my engine was built because I trusted them and I was not disappointed. Almost any time I went with a "different" part I had to return it.
Old June 21st, 2019, 07:05 AM
Oldscarnut

Rock Aiuto was always fast but wrong too often for me. They were cheaper every time and I have yet to use the discount code because it is not easy to do for me
Old June 21st, 2019, 06:41 PM

The problem is your not working with a Camaro, or a mustang, and no LS engine. The people taking the orders probably have no idea what your taking about.
Old June 21st, 2019, 07:15 PM

I ordered a part from Socal and should take three days to get to Norcal but I checked the tracking number after three days to find out what or where the part went. It went to Alaska and back in 10 days. Another part was sent from LA to Norcal but when I got the tracking number it was being sent from the East Coast it took 15 days total. **** happens.
Old June 21st, 2019, 07:26 PM
Administrator

I've had great service Jeggs, Summit, Speedway, etc... over the years. They've handled my orders and returns very well.
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:02 PM
Oldscarnut

As with most parts places, you never have a problem until you have a problem. It seems they compound mistakes though. Once shipped it is anybody's guess; guess being the operative word
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:17 PM
Oldscarnut

It is what it is, but it doesn't make it any easier when they are holding you up for nearly a month! I have no use for a LS engine except as a boat anchor! I really tire seeing Gbody mods that are exactly the same no matter whose marque it is. My Dad went to Cadillac when GM started putting Chev engines in Olds. The funny thing was Cadillac was using Olds engines! His last '76 Caddy had an Olds 425 and it hauled his 31 foot Airstream nearly 100000 miles. It had a specially detente calibrated TH400 and the "tow package" which gave a 3/4 ton axle. It got 13 mpg pulling and low 20's without the trailer. Ahhh GM...what did you do??
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:20 PM
Oldscarnut

I think you are right!
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:51 PM

I love the power tour guys: "Built, not bought" stickers on shitty body work hot rod bodies they dropped an LS in.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck Cole
, I may not be finished before I have to park it for 8 more months!
Why do you store it? I dive mine all year long. After the snow is cleaned and it's a nice day I'm out and about.

Originally Posted by Olds64
Bummer. I think we've all had those experiences.

I recently ordered lifters and pushrods from RockAuto for my Olds. They came in about a week but one of the lifters was the wrong part number. I called their customer service and they credited me the $2 for the lifter. I did some checking and I found out I could have used the lifter, but it wasn't what I ordered.
Where did you find a number for Rock Auto?
Old June 23rd, 2019, 08:06 PM
Oldscarnut

Washington rains from Mid October until May mostly. It is just asking for it to even be out in it, especially a truck that is light in the ***-end, not to mention the rust which is almost none after 39 years so far. If we're lucky we get the Summer months of no rain and lots of shows and swap meets. I can still go, but it would give me an excuse to drive the El Camino IF IT WERE FINISHED!
Old June 24th, 2019, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by zeeke
I guess I didn't call them, I just filled out their form on-line. I got an e-mail response with a ticket showing they credited $2 to my card and it instructed me to keep the lifter in case they wanted it back. That was over a month ago and I haven't heard anything else.

Years ago I called RockAuto when I ordered a throttle body gasket for the 5.4l Triton v8 in my 2003 Ford f150 ccsb. I got the wrong part. I think they listed the throttle body gasket from a van as a tuck part. I don't recall what number I called but it was some call center in Bangladesh or overseas. At least I got my money back on that one too.
Old June 24th, 2019, 06:03 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by zeeke

Old June 26th, 2019, 07:20 AM

Sorry to here about your bad experience with Jegs.
For the daily drivers Rock Auto has been fast and correct every time.
I use the local dealer and parts store more often as pricing is very close on most items.
I go to Rock auto when I cannot source a brand name part locally or there pricing is better.